Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 2070541 times)

boxer1949

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13140 on: November 05, 2018, 10:20:04 PM »
GROSVENOR ROAD 1950s

boxer1949

« Reply #13141 on: November 05, 2018, 10:21:23 PM »
GROSVENOR ROAD 1950s

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13142 on: November 05, 2018, 10:58:51 PM »
Wait. Wait. Slower boys.  Rebecca asked a question but you just go speeding on ahead.  Nobody answered.  AWAY AND MAKE A DROP OF TEA LOVE.  Maybe better if the boys had answered.  Well here’s Rebecca’s question.

I was just reading my PMs from years ago - as you do when you're bored - and was wondering if anyone had heard from Belfast Girlie. I hope she's okay.

No we haven’t heard from Belfast Girlie.  Belfast Girlie played one man off against the other.  She had them eating out of her hand, drinking champagne from her shoe but they were at each other’s throats.  It was very sad to witness Rebecca.  See.  We like Feet Firmly on the Ground Girlies but she took years off the boys.  They thought they were teenagers again.  Sad?  Pathetic.

However

One man stood firm.  DAWSON.  We were so proud of him

But

Belfast girlie went into Belfast to meet Dawson and we don’t know exactly what happened.  All we know is that was the end of Belfast Girlie on the column.  The boys pined for a while and asked from time to time where she was but we just ignored them and after a while they stopped pining.  I hope you haven’t stirred up sad memories but all respect to the one man who stood firm and believe me it was ONE man.  I’m not including boxer.  Other girlies have come and gone.  It’s less trouble if the boys stick with sensible girlies like you and me.    ;)   Good question, Rebecca

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13143 on: November 05, 2018, 11:06:02 PM »
The old trams.  I don’t remember them.  We might have been in Wales.  People talked about taking a bus to the end of the lines.  It was the tram lines they were talking about but it was another strange expression to me when we came here at first.  Good pictures as always boxer.

James James

« Reply #13145 on: November 06, 2018, 12:56:41 AM »

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13146 on: November 06, 2018, 03:30:17 AM »
Don't you take heed rebecca there's only one girl us boys have ever pined for I won't tell you her name but I will give you a clue her initials are f a.

RebeccaK

« Reply #13147 on: November 06, 2018, 08:03:18 AM »
Oh I'm sorry Freda, I was unaware that had happened. Girlie and I mostly sent PMs back and forth, I hope I haven't stirred up sad memories. It occurred to me because a lot of people have left the Forum in these past months, so I looked at the names of people I had sent/received PMs to and from, and though some have passed away or left the Forum because they no longer liked it, there were some names whose absence I couldn't place.

Jimmy, you should send her flowers :)

Dawson

« Reply #13148 on: November 06, 2018, 09:24:14 AM »
Peter that was in Barbara's garage, was that the night you told me you were dead when you fell up the side of the garage.lol.
Ella wouldn’t stop pouringJimmy. I couldn’t resist.

Dawson

« Reply #13149 on: November 06, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
Wait. Wait. Slower boys.  Rebecca asked a question but you just go speeding on ahead.  Nobody answered.  AWAY AND MAKE A DROP OF TEA LOVE.  Maybe better if the boys had answered.  Well here’s Rebecca’s question.

I was just reading my PMs from years ago - as you do when you're bored - and was wondering if anyone had heard from Belfast Girlie. I hope she's okay.

No we haven’t heard from Belfast Girlie.  Belfast Girlie played one man off against the other.  She had them eating out of her hand, drinking champagne from her shoe but they were at each other’s throats.  It was very sad to witness Rebecca.  See.  We like Feet Firmly on the Ground Girlies but she took years off the boys.  They thought they were teenagers again.  Sad?  Pathetic.

However

One man stood firm.  DAWSON.  We were so proud of him

But

Belfast girlie went into Belfast to meet Dawson and we don’t know exactly what happened.  All we know is that was the end of Belfast Girlie on the column.  The boys pined for a while and asked from time to time where she was but we just ignored them and after a while they stopped pining.  I hope you haven’t stirred up sad memories but all respect to the one man who stood firm and believe me it was ONE man.  I’m not including boxer.  Other girlies have come and gone.  It’s less trouble if the boys stick with sensible girlies like you and me.    ;)   Good question, Rebecca
Freda, you’re a good winder.

Dawson

« Reply #13150 on: November 06, 2018, 09:26:37 AM »
Oh I'm sorry Freda, I was unaware that had happened. Girlie and I mostly sent PMs back and forth, I hope I haven't stirred up sad memories. It occurred to me because a lot of people have left the Forum in these past months, so I looked at the names of people I had sent/received PMs to and from, and though some have passed away or left the Forum because they no longer liked it, there were some names whose absence I couldn't place.

Jimmy, you should send her flowers :)
RebeccaK, Facebook is a medium used by many now. Good to see this thread still goi g.

Dawson

« Reply #13151 on: November 06, 2018, 09:29:25 AM »
Boxer and JJ, I don’t remember the trams but it’s good to the pictures of them. However, in the Sandy Row tram depot there was a tram on the first floor and it’s where tram drivers learned to drive. There was some history in that depot.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13152 on: November 06, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »
You old charmer, Jimmy

Years of practice, Dawson.  I can only try.

Rebecca our main aim is to protect these boys.  Their heads are easily turned

You’re quiet JJ but your photos are great.  The Bank buildings standing in all her glory.  A beautiful building.  Two world wars couldn’t do the damage that Primark did.  I hope they bring it back to the building we knew and loved.  It’s so sad to see it like this.
The men are wearing trilby hats and caps and women in hats and not a pair of jeans in sight.  Such interesting photos JJ

nifan93

« Reply #13153 on: November 06, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »
Hi!

I was advised to put a query into this thread that I had posted elsewhere!

I am wondering if anyone knows if the Queens Hotel were the IFA was set up in 1888 still exists, and if so, where is it?

In addition, I'm looking for the whereabouts of Knock Park, Bloomfield, where Northern Ireland (Ireland at the time) played their first ever match?

Thanks!

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13154 on: November 07, 2018, 01:49:02 AM »
Another old grosvenor rd friend has sadly passed away. Vivian hood elder sister of barbara, Hilary and Eileen I'm sure we all send our condolences to the hood girls.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy