Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 2070612 times)

valkillow

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13185 on: December 01, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »
Freda, it’s a job well done by all the contributors. If it wasn’t for you and the others then this thread wouldn’t have existed. Good to see old friends getting in contact with each other. Pity we didn’t have this technology years ago.

Dawson could you put the photos from facebook that I took in London with Miss Smyth on here for me please as I don't know how to do it here ? Thanks in advance Val.

valkillow

« Reply #13186 on: December 01, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
ine
HI Peter It was Denis who had to cancelled it I was even going down for him myself   Denis got new glasses out of specsavers ok at the start but then his tear ducts starting working overtime take this way he can't see more than 5 to 6 feet in front of him  went back to Specsavers they gave him drops no good went to a chemist he knows and he gave him a spray to use 4 times a day when finished he has to go to Specsavers again if it doesn't work then they will refer him to the hospital still half of bottle left  Television is a thing of the pass for him till it gets this all sorted out I have told him just go back to them get them to check him out and refer him to the hospital.  I forgot the spray cost him £20 not on national health can't go anywhere on his own I thought it was his laptop to bright but seeing it no not it   I go two pair of glasses 3 years ago and still can't use them but one of these's days they will be returned to them So that's all I can tell you at the minute except I have to pick him up on Monday and get him and her up to the hospital it's for her not him                                 regards   Colin

Hi Colin
I had same problem as Denis with my eyes only difference is I never got my glasses changed they didn't need to be change so I will wait another year , it is called Dry Eyes optician sold me drops cost  £11 but she gave me free sample and told me next time I will have to pay, my eyes are okay most of the time now , that was during the Summer and after using the drops daily for 2 weeks mine are fine so if I was Denis I would get back to the optician FAST and play hell , because Boots done the same to me years ago and it was the prescription that was made up wrong I got new glasses then and was okay after that, go with him and make sure he kicks up a fuss as I know he won't do it so you give him a nudge and give him our kind regards and hope he gets sorted soon.
Val.

colin randell

« Reply #13187 on: December 01, 2018, 07:26:07 PM »
ine
Hi Colin
I had same problem as Denis with my eyes only difference is I never got my glasses changed they didn't need to be change so I will wait another year , it is called Dry Eyes optician sold me drops cost  £11 but she gave me free sample and told me next time I will have to pay, my eyes are okay most of the time now , that was during the Summer and after using the drops daily for 2 weeks mine are fine so if I was Denis I would get back to the optician FAST and play hell , because Boots done the same to me years ago and it was the prescription that was made up wrong I got new glasses then and was okay after that, go with him and make sure he kicks up a fuss as I know he won't do it so you give him a nudge and give him our kind regards and hope he gets sorted soon.
Val.
HI Val thank you     you have told me more than Denis has in 6 months I think I have been blaming the glasses but it could be him couldn't tell the last time he even got his eyes tested  was to go down last Wednesday but he wife was taken into hospital late Tuesday night so I didn't go down near him I'm going to go down this Wednesday all being well  if my daughter doesn't have an other job for me last week she broke up her fire place because my grand daughter keeps sitting on her T.V. table which is glass so I had the job off blocking it up Isn't that what daddy's are for she says   Well I will pass on your regards  to Denis  thanks again Val                              regards   Colin

colin randell

« Reply #13188 on: December 01, 2018, 07:32:18 PM »
One months rain in one hour here in sydney.
HI Jimmy seen it on I'm a Celebrity get me out of here looked powerful     regards  Colin

boxer1949

« Reply #13189 on: December 01, 2018, 10:27:29 PM »

boxer1949

« Reply #13190 on: December 01, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »

boxer1949

« Reply #13191 on: December 01, 2018, 10:31:54 PM »

colin randell

« Reply #13192 on: December 01, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »

HI Boxer I like your photos but confused with this one McDonnell st where was that shop? I remember just two shops on the right hand side and that's your third photo the pawnshop and never seen it open and the second was at the end of that block before Lesson street    regards  Colin

colin randell

« Reply #13193 on: December 01, 2018, 11:11:25 PM »
HI Val thank you     you have told me more than Denis has in 6 months I think I have been blaming the glasses but it could be him couldn't tell the last time he even got his eyes tested  was to go down last Wednesday but he wife was taken into hospital late Tuesday night so I didn't go down near him I'm going to go down this Wednesday all being well  if my daughter doesn't have an other job for me last week she broke up her fire place because my grand daughter keeps sitting on her T.V. table which is glass so I had the job off blocking it up Isn't that what daddy's are for she says   Well I will pass on your regards  to Denis  thanks again Val                              regards   Colin
HI Val phoned Denis to-night he told me he is able to see again no more tears (touch wood) didn't say how long it is from he changed his glasses or was the glasses to strong for him  He just said thank Val and Peter for asking about him           regards  Colin 

boxer1949

« Reply #13194 on: December 01, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »
HI Val phoned Denis to-night he told me he is able to see again no more tears (touch wood) didn't say how long it is from he changed his glasses or was the glasses to strong for him  He just said thank Val and Peter for asking about him           regards  Colin
Wee McDonnell St run from Lesson St to the Grosvenor Rd the shop you see in the photo was Sloanes they had another shop at the other corner sold kids clothes at the other end of the just see Fuscos chippy

Dawson

« Reply #13195 on: December 02, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »
Not a nice start to the summer Jimmy for those in Queensland

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13196 on: December 02, 2018, 08:45:39 PM »
No peter still 100 fires burning and the heat wave to continue for another few days.looks like we are in for a long hot summer.

boxer1949

« Reply #13197 on: December 02, 2018, 11:38:31 PM »

Dawson

« Reply #13198 on: December 03, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
No peter still 100 fires burning and the heat wave to continue for another few days.looks like we are in for a long hot summer.
Sad to see people losing homes, possessions and probably jobs. Hope everything turns out ok.

Dawson

« Reply #13199 on: December 03, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »

New Grosvenor Road bears no resemblance to the old Grosvenor Road boxer. That’s progress I suppose.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy