Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 2070617 times)

Dawson

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13230 on: December 17, 2018, 06:29:31 PM »
No. No. Dawson.  I’ll sit with you.  COYB.   Will you call for me, Dawson?  I’ve no car. 
Thanks Jimmy.  We could be married next year.
Freda, the final is at Windsor Park. You’d need to bring plenty of money with you so that we can celebrate the wee blues winning.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13231 on: December 17, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
Freda don't worry peter will send a limo to pick you up.only one thing you will have to pay for it.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13232 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »
Na.  I’ve changed my mind.  I’m too young to get married.

I’ll not need a limo, Dawson.  I get my new car tomorrow BUT I don’t fancy a football match.  We’ll go to the pantomime instead.  You’ll not mind missing the match.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13233 on: December 17, 2018, 09:53:00 PM »
Holly on the M of Forum.  Aw bless

James James

« Reply #13234 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:31 AM »
THESE ARE FREDA'S CAR FIRE PICTURES that she mentioned in post 13206 on page 881.

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,25900.msg2089128.html#msg2089128

BTW Lilian,... very good to hear that you're making progress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C58ttB2-Qg

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13235 on: December 18, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »
Good job JJ.  Thank you very much. 

I got my new car today.  Finally got out for some shopping.  What a joy to go where you want.  We didnt run out of anything.  I got bread and milk when I was out with someone.  I didnt have to ask anybody for anything except for a lift to Church, but that was not a problem.  We had plenty of everything.  Didn’t really miss the car.  I was two weeks without it.  If I hadn’t needed things for CHRISTmas I could have gone another two weeks.  We’re so pampered these days

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13236 on: December 18, 2018, 09:25:39 PM »
Freda I walk everywhere I have never driven a car in my life and guess what I have never owned a mobile phone.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13237 on: December 18, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »
You’re my hero, Jimmy. 
The cars get bigger and the mobile phones get more sophisticated.  Do I need a mobile phone?  No.  Not really.  Do I need a car?   Well I’m not getting any younger.  I think I need a car.  Our friends from the Grosvenor Road had neither car nor mobile phone.  I think they would laugh at people walking about talking on the phone.  What is so urgent? 
Do you think Dawson has booked the pantomime yet, Jimmy?
OH YES HE HAS. 
OH NO HE HASN’T

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13238 on: December 19, 2018, 12:30:17 AM »
It’s only the other day we spoke about 1 million people reading this forum.  It is now up to one and a half million reads and 883 pages.  Can you believe it?  It all started with a simple question:-

Anyone out there originally from Excise Street and the Grosvenor Road and would anyone have any photos.

Incredible.

James James

« Reply #13239 on: December 19, 2018, 02:08:33 AM »
Jimmy, always look behind you regularly when you're walking,... these days the main and very common danger to pedestrians seems to be loons who ride bicycles illegally on the pavements,... and at full speed,... and they never seem to use a bell or any other kind of audible warning. !

One of my neighbours can walk, but with difficulty, she uses an electrically powered disabled buggy, that can be used on the pavement, and also,... I think ?,... on the roads !,... battery operated and rechargeable,... she uses it to go shopping at quite a distance, and I was  amazed when she told me that it has a range of 30 miles or similar !,... it goes quite fast as well.

e.g.  http://www.mobilityscooterbelfast.co.uk/

http://www.mobilityscooterbelfast.co.uk/images/gallery/mobsc6.jpg

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13240 on: December 19, 2018, 02:10:45 AM »
Freda maybe you and dawson could be in the pantomime. You could be Cinderella and he could go to ballymena on the train to try on the shoe or better still you could drive up to him in your new car.

James James

« Reply #13241 on: December 19, 2018, 02:22:57 AM »
Freda maybe you and dawson could be in the pantomime. You could be Cinderella and he could go to ballymena on the train to try on the shoe or better still you could drive up to him in your new car.
I think that they might already be a bit ahead of you there Jimmy. !

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13242 on: December 19, 2018, 03:58:47 AM »
I like your thinking, Jimmy.  He could come down in the train with the shoe and while I try it on there are a few jobs he could do before he gets the train back up again. 

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13243 on: December 19, 2018, 04:43:56 AM »
Don't forget Freda old dawson is a bit past it. He would probably need some oxygen to bend down and try on the shoe.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13244 on: December 19, 2018, 09:22:19 AM »
Bending down is easy, Jimmy.  Getting up again is the problem.  I’ll put the shoe on myself while he gets on with the chores.  He may have to stay a few days or I could give him respiration.  Either way we’ll get to know each other better.  Oh.  I’m  beginning to feel he’s my Prince Charming already.  I’m starting to pack a few things in case he whisks me off to his castle in Portugal. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy