Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1574434 times)

colin randell

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13365 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:55 PM »
I'm the youngest sister but I fenced before her....I'm Chrissie. No one ever remembers my name....I was just known as Olive's sister lol.
HI Chrissie it's a long time no see or hear off  I lived next block to your granny in Roden street and as you said everybody knows Olive and not you (lol)   Well can I tell you there is somebody else looking for Chrissie and Olive Convill from as far back as 2016 I have there name still and can send it to you or get them to get in touch with you what ever you perfer not going to highlight it I will  leave it in your hands which you want to do            By the way Chrissie welcome aboard    don't forget and tell Olive I was asking about her                             regards   Colin

Dawson

« Reply #13366 on: February 05, 2019, 11:28:46 PM »
I'm the youngest sister but I fenced before her....I'm Chrissie. No one ever remembers my name....I was just known as Olive's sister lol.
Christie - sorry I didnt remember your name but I knew you were younger than Olive. I remember Olive because she is around the same age as me. Is Olive a sister/nurse over in England??? You were both well known for your fencing exploits and Mr. Cummings was so proud of his protégés

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13368 on: February 06, 2019, 01:28:22 AM »
Hey peter did you know I did a bit of fencing I put a lot of them up round belfast city centre.lol.

colin randell

« Reply #13369 on: February 06, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »
Hey peter did you know I did a bit of fencing I put a lot of them up round belfast city centre.lol.
HI Jimmy just keep fencing the crocodiles in the news says your overrun by the [censored]  and your heatwave may last longer than you think  regards  Colin

misssmyth1

« Reply #13370 on: February 07, 2019, 09:09:31 PM »
I hope you are not melting there in OZ Jimmy .I saw a programme on T V the other day 49c temperature & fires in some parts.. hope all well  with you and yours . I had a friend many years ago who worked in Darwin .she told me she  got paid extra as heat was hard to bear so they paid more monies to encourage people to go there ?. We have friends in Perth at present they went for a couple of holidays  many years ago. they loved it there .Their boys   when grown up moved and settled there eventually and now they have bought a place near both boys  as grand kids are coming along.  They sold their  house bought  a flat here in London for when they or boys want to  visit.  .

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13371 on: February 08, 2019, 12:18:12 AM »
Yes smythy everyday since before christmas has been very hot.it is very uncomfortable especially when you go out.they are doing it tough in North Queensland with the rain. Places that were in drought are now flooded some of the poor farmers can't win.one farmer was on radio today and he said all he could see was water and dead cattle.

misssmyth1

« Reply #13372 on: February 08, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
OMG Jimmy and we are complaining about a bit of rain and high  winds.. The snow did not even lie long here in London melted overnight  . I enjoy the heat but that is unbearable in every way   god bless them all .. Our friends love Perth they have invited us to visit but I cant do long haul anymore.  I get travel sick.. best wishes

Dawson

« Reply #13373 on: February 09, 2019, 07:18:26 PM »
Good one Jimmy. Great result today st Windsor.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13375 on: February 11, 2019, 07:11:16 AM »
I/2 million cattle killed in the Queensland floods the farmers over here really do it tough.in drought one week and flooded the next week.its sad that so many of them kill themselves.

Dawson

« Reply #13376 on: February 11, 2019, 08:14:46 PM »
Looks a hard place for the farmer Jimmy. People here don’t appreciate our temperate weather and lots of fresh clean water.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13377 on: February 12, 2019, 03:14:57 AM »
The latest estimation now peter is over 1 million animals have been killed in the fires and floods.

Dawson

« Reply #13378 on: February 12, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »
Sad and hard times indeed Jimmy for the farmers

misssmyth1

« Reply #13379 on: February 12, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
cant imagine losing everything that has been a lifetimes work and nothing to be salvaged for the future . do they get any help from the Government Jimmy?   i'm sure insurance does not cover an act of god!?