Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1630103 times)

colin randell

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13380 on: February 12, 2019, 07:47:14 PM »
HI Everybody I have to tell you all something I take my daughter, granddaughter,and my adopted daughter out shopping every Tuesday then get something to eat while I was walking around the store my daughter and granddaughter kicked off my granddaughter wanted things that she won't eat I turned around to solve it and there was a walking Zombie coming up towards me sorted them two out but lost the Zombie went looking him but couldn't find him again went up other isles over to the tills he had plenty of groceries in his single trolley but couldn't find him again so now I will be looking for him every time  I go in there   O forgot his name Walter McVeigh couldn't believe it Walter is very much alive                          regards Colin   P/S My adopted daughter is only a joke I keep her going my daughter and her have been friends since they were 4 years old 

Dawson

« Reply #13381 on: February 13, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
Good to hear that Walter is still with us.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13382 on: February 13, 2019, 09:11:09 PM »
Happy valentines day to everyone on our wee thread.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13383 on: February 14, 2019, 12:48:06 AM »
Oh no.  Bombarded with post again tomorrow.  Thanks for warning me, Jimmy.  Three new pms.  This will be the start of my Valentine good wishes.   

I was stopped and breathalysed on the motorway.  The police woman said I was weaving in my lane.  Result was zero.  She said maybe it was the bright lights.  But it wasnít.  No.  I was eating an apple and a pear and I hate sticky hands.

Happy Valentine, dawlings.  .

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13384 on: February 14, 2019, 01:31:18 AM »
Good to hear from you Lilian.  You just post and vanish.  I always felt we would meet when Jimmy came home, but it wasnít to be the last time he came.  It would be so much easier for you both if one of you could drive.  Wonít effect the Duke of Edinburgh much.  Heíll just call the chauffeur to drive him. 

I was up at the City Hospital visiting a friend and I was driving down the street in front of the Black Man towards the markets area.  It may be Howard Street Iím not sure.  I drove really slow passed Royal Avenue to try to see the Bank Buildings and I think I did.  It was like a ghost.  It was dark and hollow.  It will never be the same.  I would pay towards having it brought back to its former glory BUT I would keep Primark well away from it.

All the beautiful classy shops replaced by cheap junk shops.  Beautiful buildings,the Ritz, the Opera House replaced by dull uninteresting buildings like Juryís Hotel is it?  Oh Belfast.  What is happening to you?  I hardly know you now.  Yet they say you are a boom town.  Where are your architects?  Where are the beautiful buildings for the next generation?  I even loved the old cobbled stones of Dickson Street and in the entries off Roden Street. 

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13385 on: February 14, 2019, 02:50:47 AM »
Freda did you get the flowers I sent you.lol.what were you doing up the entries in roden st. Isn't it funny we always said we were up the entry never down the entry no matter what end we entered.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13386 on: February 14, 2019, 03:41:56 AM »
Yes.  The flowers were beautiful, Jimmy.  Thank you..  Such old world charm.  Roses and Lily of the Valley are my favourites. 

I used to go up the entries looking for a Billy Fury look alike from Excise Street that Iíd heard about.  All the girls called him Hot Lips.  You might have known him.  I think they said his name was Dawson.  He ended up being my toy boy.  Cheek.

James James

« Reply #13387 on: February 14, 2019, 05:01:52 AM »

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13388 on: February 14, 2019, 06:06:25 AM »
It wasn't me Freda I took it easy on the girls and only used 1 lip.

colin randell

« Reply #13389 on: February 14, 2019, 09:10:45 AM »
Oh no.  Bombarded with post again tomorrow.  Thanks for warning me, Jimmy.  Three new pms.  This will be the start of my Valentine good wishes.   

I was stopped and breathalysed on the motorway.  The police woman said I was weaving in my lane.  Result was zero.  She said maybe it was the bright lights.  But it wasnít.  No.  I was eating an apple and a pear and I hate sticky hands.

Happy Valentine, dawlings.  .
HI Freda Love Happy Valentine's Day  Don't know if you are aware from April last year No smoking for drivers behind the wheel two hands on the wheel No parking in a turning circle £80 fine and no parking on the footpaths also £80 with 3 penalty points these laws was made but police don't enforce  them  they turn a blind eye still it could happen if a policeman has a bad day                     regards   Colin

Dawson

« Reply #13390 on: February 14, 2019, 09:54:33 AM »
Yes.  The flowers were beautiful, Jimmy.  Thank you..  Such old world charm.  Roses and Lily of the Valley are my favourites. 

I used to go up the entries looking for a Billy Fury look alike from Excise Street that Iíd heard about.  All the girls called him Hot Lips.  You might have known him.  I think they said his name was Dawson.  He ended up being my toy boy.  Cheek.
Do t be telling everyone Freda

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13391 on: February 14, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
Peter I didn't know you were a billy fury look a like.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13392 on: February 14, 2019, 02:43:22 PM »

No, Jimmy.  Dawson wasní t the Billy Fury look alike.  I was looking for the Billy Fury look alike but I found Dawson instead.

Where did you get the photograph, James?  Thatís Dawson sitting on the seat waiting for me.  The old romantic.  He even brought a couple of love birds.  Keep it to yourselves but I hear heís taking me to Paris.

Hi Colin, Love.  More rules and regulations.  I always keep chat with the police to a minimum.  Sweet as honey and really polite.  Then they want to breathalyse you.  So Iím sweet as honey and really polite but I donít tell them anything like my hand are sticky and Iím looking for a wipe to clean them.

If you donít hear from me soon, Iíll be in Paris.  Dawson is so good to me.  One piece of advice.  Get yourselves a toy boy, girls.  Charming man.

James James

« Reply #13393 on: February 14, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »
"He even brought a couple of love birds."

Doubtless from Gresham Street, didn't they used to to have them in the window,... along with the pups. ?

I suppose that he probably sang to you as well.  :)   https://youtu.be/rreSts3jwPA

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13394 on: February 14, 2019, 09:04:55 PM »
Freda even though I don't look like billy anymore if I was single and back home dawson wouldn't stand a chance. I don't know how you met dawson his mammy didn't allow him to go up the entries.