Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1602220 times)

RebeccaK

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13605 on: June 11, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
So sorry for your loss Freda, Iíve sent you a PM xx

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13606 on: June 11, 2019, 11:08:22 PM »
That's sad Freda I know what bronte meant to you.

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #13607 on: June 13, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »
So sorry for your loss Freda, Iíve sent you a PM xx
Hi Freda, I am so sorry to read that you have lost your dog, I know what it is like, we lost ours after 16 years, I stood in the Vets car park and screamed and cried, Denzil & my brother-in-law stayed with her as I couldn't bear to so I just kissed her goodbye. When we got home and put the radio on it was Westlife singing "You raise me up". I still cry when I hear it and it is 14 years ago, she was the child we didn't have and we only spent one night away from her in all those years. They are so loyal and always glad to see you, she was very loved and not all little animals are treated so well Well my hubby has ahd two spells in hospital, his heart valves are not working as they should and he needs open heart surgery. When that will be we dont know. He had a really bad reaction to the dye pt in for the angio -gram and his whole body went red and swelled up.He has been peeling like a VERY BAD case of sunburn for weeks but that bit is improving and he isn't so short of breath which was caused by fluid retention.  So life has not been easy, I have a Sister who lives 4 1/2 miles away who I have seen twice since Boxing day,used to ask me each week if I needed anything from the shops but now says she hasn't been shopping since Boxing day only at the Village Store, I would rather be told " I can't be a**ed getting you a few bits".And it is only a few things that Asda haven't sent or I have forgotten. Must think I came up the Boyne in a bubble.  It is true that you can choose your friends but not your family.If I wasn't so unsteady at walking I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything for me. Sorry I am having a bit of a moan. It has rained all week here which is most unusual but it has been dry for ages, the farmers will be moaning and pity the poor field workers who have to go out picking the veg as the fields must be waterlogged, very hard work, mostly Polish folk and hard workers bar a few like all nationalities. Well it is 100% miserable here and I aint very happy, will be glad to get out on Saturday (supposed to be dry) and then probably exhausted and then glad to get home. I can't do much so get bored as I have always whizzed around. If you are reading this post Jimmy Patterson, I hope that things start to improve for you with your health, the throat thing sounds horrible. Tried to send you a PM but have forgotten how to!!!!

James James

« Reply #13608 on: June 13, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »
HI LILIAN,... GOOD  TO  SEE  YOU  POSTING.

I'M WRITING THIS IN BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS IN CASE YOUR EYESIGHT ISN'T TOO GOOD.

JIMMY LOGS ON QUITE OFTEN,... SO HE WILL PROBABLY SEE YOUR MESSAGE AND CONTACT YOU PRIVATELY VIA A PM.

I HAVE SENT YOU A HOW TO PM ABOUT HOW TO SEND A PM MESSAGE.

Dawson

« Reply #13609 on: June 13, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
Nice to read your posts Lilian. I thought you came up the Lagan in a bubble lol

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13610 on: June 14, 2019, 03:09:37 AM »
Sorry to hear about Denzil Lilian tell him I send my regards. I know you are doing it tough I always thought you and your sister were very close.my throat isn't to bad after four procedures my gullet has gone from 6 millimetre to 16 the difference is amazing the normal size is 20. But we are leaving it at 16 I can now eat most thing but I chew everything really well.i will never eat a steak again that was the first thing to stick and it wasn't a pleasent experience.

James James

« Reply #13611 on: June 14, 2019, 10:14:44 AM »
Jimmy,... have you considered trying a green smoothie or a fruit smoothie. ?

They taste really great and they can be made with just about anything, and with appropriate ingredients even cooked meat could be added,... and raw meat can be used to make soup.

They're very quick and easy to make.

They can be made with water or with a lot of other kinds of liquid.

If the blender is powerful enough most of the ingredients don't need to be chopped, a very powerful blender can even blend frozen ingredients.

They don't have to be green of course, all sorts of ingredients can be used.

Similar deal with using a powerful blender to easily make all sorts of different soups, no need for recipes.

https://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes/beginners-luck-green-smoothie

https://www.liveeatlearn.com/make-green-smoothies-beginners/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eot1F89xn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu21XkBhE0I

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13612 on: June 14, 2019, 10:47:23 PM »
Sorry james but yuk lol.

James James

« Reply #13613 on: June 14, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »
Sorry james but yuk lol.
Completely expected reaction,... but hey, try them before you yuk them,... the look often puts newcomers off at first, but they really do taste great, and in shops, people pay a lot of money for the commercial version of those, and in any case, soups can be made quickly and easily out of most produce , and it's easy to consume, and shop soups are rubbish.

They can also be used to make a very quick and easy and very good ice cream.

Did you really enjoy your first beer. ?!

James James

« Reply #13614 on: June 15, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »
Just had,... a banana,... a quarter inch of ginger,... a piece of pineapple,...all frozen,... a good shake of powdered cloves,... some milk,... and some home made yogurt,... stunning !,  :) , and if I had some whisky at the moment, I would have added a couple of cap fulls of  that.

Dawson

« Reply #13615 on: June 15, 2019, 12:15:38 PM »
This site has achieved over 1.6 million views. Unbelievable.

DJ

« Reply #13616 on: June 15, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »
This site has achieved over 1.6 million views. Unbelievable.

And all from the same person Peter. 😂

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13617 on: June 16, 2019, 12:11:48 AM »
I was thinking that the other day peter. James I read out your recipe yo my wife and she laughed she would love it the only thing I would like was the banana and the pineapple but not together.

James James

« Reply #13618 on: June 16, 2019, 02:23:07 AM »
I was thinking that the other day peter. James I read out your recipe yo my wife and she laughed she would love it the only thing I would like was the banana and the pineapple but not together.
Banana with anything else makes it creamy,... in the same way that some cauliflower in a blended soup does,... but that's the point,... there are no rules,... the consumer makes what they like.

Banana, apple, mango, pineapple, orange, clementine,... all work on their own, or mixed together,... room temperature or chilled or frozen,... and they can be blended with plain water, mineral water, soda water, tonic water, whatever is liked.

BTW,... apple seeds can be blended, and they're anti carcinogenic.

BTW,... shop bought fruit juice in cartons is pasteurised,... heat treated, so most or all of the vitamin content is destroyed.

Banana and some milk and or yogurt is really nice,... an older spotty banana is best, because they're sweeter, but if extra sweetness is wanted, some honey can be added,... a spoonful of coco powder or cacao powder gives a nice chocolate version,... and if the banana is frozen, and not too much liquid is added, you end up with a lovely and really quick and easy soft scoop banana ice cream.

James James

« Reply #13619 on: June 16, 2019, 04:16:09 AM »
Let's see now,... no recipe,... all room temperature,... three large carrots, peeled and trimmed and left whole,... a small tin of chopped pineapple in pineapple juice, because I didn't have any fresh pineapple,... a clementine,... about a mug full of tonic water.

Made a litre.  Delicious,... and very sweet, and tasting mainly of pineapple,... and a beautiful orange colour.

Just about anybody would have enjoyed it,... and when and how,... would anybody ever be able to eat, and enjoy, three raw carrots. ?!