Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1690249 times)

Jimmy Patterson

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #14220 on: June 19, 2020, 12:34:51 AM »
Don't know what happened to that first bit.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14221 on: June 19, 2020, 04:08:13 AM »
Yes  The doors were never locked in those days. You just shouted the name up the hall. They shouted back WHAT DO YOU WANT and you shouted ARE YOU COMING OUT TO PLAY.  You never played in anybodyís house.  The Street was for playing on.  Every Street had their own children though Balmoral Street was a bit quiet.  I never played in Balmoral Street.  There was never many children about there.

Dawson.  Were you in the Burnaby Street gang? 

That was a good tale on the other column Jimmy.  Going to the club with your mates when it opened  and coming back legless.  I enjoyed that.

Did you hear Vera Lynn died today.  103 !!!!

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14222 on: June 19, 2020, 08:08:29 AM »
Yes it was sad about vera she was a wonderful woman. Peter wasn't good looking enough to stand with us only kidding he was younger and left the grosvenor rd early on before I became a legend with the girls. Lol.

brisamar

« Reply #14223 on: June 19, 2020, 10:41:19 AM »
Hello everyone glad you are all keeping well all ok here thank goodness  were all fed up with lock down but have to keep safe and well . so many sad stories and its hard sometimes to keep positive  but when the weather is good its a lot better to cope with as can sit in our gardens  love and good wishes to all x
Retirement and good weather go well together. Happy days

brisamar

« Reply #14224 on: June 19, 2020, 10:42:21 AM »
Yes it was sad about vera she was a wonderful woman. Peter wasn't good looking enough to stand with us only kidding he was younger and left the grosvenor rd early on before I became a legend with the girls. Lol.
Some kids donít know how to enjoy themselves. The joys of modern technology

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14225 on: June 19, 2020, 11:22:54 AM »
Peter I would be considered an oddball nowadays I have never owned or driven a car or owned a mobile phone.

brisamar

« Reply #14226 on: June 19, 2020, 11:56:02 AM »
Peter I would be considered an oddball nowadays I have never owned or driven a car or owned a mobile phone.
No bad thing Jimmy. People get attached to their car and phone.

brisamar

« Reply #14227 on: June 25, 2020, 11:30:56 AM »
Looks like the good weather has returned and the caravan parks open tomorrow in NI. Already open in the south. Getting for the time to hitch up the horses and start moving.

James James

« Reply #14228 on: June 28, 2020, 09:57:00 PM »
Within the last year or so, I have lost many old friends.  They can NEVER be replaced.  Time is no longer on my side.  I can never again make old friends.

Treat each person as you would if it was the last time you would meet on earth

One day it will be

Know a very nice neighbour lady. She told me that she has been given her own personal anti virus precaution instructions from the local GP surgery.

She has several medical issues, heart, breathing, etcetera. They sent her a letter.

Even if the anti virus precautions eventually end for everyone else, she has to continue with the precautions for 6 weeks, just to make sure that she isn't infected.

brisamar

« Reply #14229 on: June 29, 2020, 10:36:20 AM »
My mate and his wife who reside in Wales have to stay in lockdown until the middle of August.

valkillow

« Reply #14230 on: June 29, 2020, 01:51:57 PM »
Know a very nice neighbour lady. She told me that she has been given her own personal anti virus precaution instructions from the local GP surgery.

She has several medical issues, heart, breathing, etcetera. They sent her a letter.

Even if the anti virus precautions eventually end for everyone else, she has to continue with the precautions for 6 weeks, just to make sure that she isn't infected.

Charlie ( my husband ) got 3 letters that said you or someone you care for is at risk so you must isolate for6 weeks , then another  12 weeks this was to end 3 days ago 26th June , then he got another letter telling him until 31st July , our problem is as it said you or someone your are for and as I'm disabled and he's my carer we don't know who the letter was meant for so we're both isolating that way we get it right

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14231 on: June 29, 2020, 02:03:43 PM »
 Blimey.  I do put some wise stuff on this internet.

James James

« Reply #14232 on: June 29, 2020, 11:51:48 PM »

brisamar

« Reply #14233 on: July 06, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »

You do indeed Freda

brisamar

« Reply #14234 on: July 06, 2020, 03:24:35 PM »