Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1707809 times)

Nick Keene

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #14295 on: September 28, 2020, 01:19:47 PM »
Duckett, William John Ė passed away 22nd September 2020, peacefully in Hospital. Loving husband of Carol, Doting father of Nicola, father-in-law of Aaron. Beloved Granda of Karl, Lauren and Erin. [/color][/font]Sadly, due to the current COVID guidelines, the family home and funeral service will be private. The cortŤge will leave St Maryís Parish Church Ballybeen on Tuesday 29th September at 11:30 am for committal at Redburn Cemetery. Godís garden must be beautiful, he only picks the best. Will be sadly missed by the entire family circle.

Always very sad to hear of the characters passing on and I knew something was up with his absence and he hadn't replied to my last PM. John it would appear from our correspondence would have known quite a bit about my late fathers family from Thames St, Broadway and the village area, but I never get a chance to extract as much info from him as I would have liked. Can anyone please explain why he felt the necessity to disguise his identity and felt the necessity to add some mystique to his very existence?

brisamar

« Reply #14296 on: September 28, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »
Always very sad to hear of the characters passing on and I knew something was up with his absence and he hadn't replied to my last PM. John it would appear from our correspondence would have known quite a bit about my late fathers family from Thames St, Broadway and the village area, but I never get a chance to extract as much info from him as I would have liked. Can anyone please explain why he felt the necessity to disguise his identity and felt the necessity to add some mystique to his very existence?

Nick, it was a fun thing for John. It took us awhile (thanks to Jimmy Patterson) too work out who the Lone Ranger actually was. However, thanks to his clues we did. Funnily enough, he used his proper name on Facebook. Lots of people use an alternative name when posting on public forums.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14297 on: September 28, 2020, 11:12:51 PM »
Nick I twigged on right away it was john. He was my friend for over 60 years he came down our way with his mate andy kerr from braemaer st they joined the 46 th bb andy and me are still in touch.peters right about johns reason for using the pen name the Lone Ranger.

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #14298 on: October 10, 2020, 01:34:24 PM »
Sad to hear about John, Carol lived directly opposite us in Burnaby Street and I remember when John & Carol were courtin' and he used to call round for her. I don't know how old he was but we are all in the same age group I guess. I can vaguely remember him and Carol with her long swishy hair. Thinking of Carol at this sad time, sorry it is belated as I don't come on the BF very often.
I had a call from Barbara Irvine a few days ago, she sounds as chirpy as ever and full of laughter, we were lamenting the fact that our meet-ups in Pollensa were probably no more due to the Corona virus and my stroke.

brisamar

« Reply #14299 on: October 10, 2020, 02:09:39 PM »
Sad to hear about John, Carol lived directly opposite us in Burnaby Street and I remember when John & Carol were courtin' and he used to call round for her. I don't know how old he was but we are all in the same age group I guess. I can vaguely remember him and Carol with her long swishy hair. Thinking of Carol at this sad time, sorry it is belated as I don't come on the BF very often.
I had a call from Barbara Irvine a few days ago, she sounds as chirpy as ever and full of laughter, we were lamenting the fact that our meet-ups in Pollensa were probably no more due to the Corona virus and my stroke.

Nice to read your post Lilian. Hope youíre keeping well. My cousin Ann Kay (Dawson) who lived in Old Leake passed away recently and she was in her early 70s.
This coronavirus pandemic is affecting us all and our travel plans. Hopefully theyĎll get a vaccine soon so that we can get back to normal.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14300 on: October 11, 2020, 12:16:12 AM »
Lilian john was 73 him and carol were the only two of our group who married even though everyone thought that barbara and me were cert things we were together for six years.i have had a terrible year I have lost 19 friends none from the virus.

brisamar

« Reply #14301 on: October 23, 2020, 07:10:00 PM »
Hope youíre all keeping well. My nephew, his partner, their two children and his mother in law have all tested positive for Covid. The youngest girl has just turned one. We all need to be careful

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14302 on: October 24, 2020, 01:30:40 AM »
Sorry to hear that Dawson.  I hope youíre keeping well.  A tiny virus that no eye can see brings the world to a halt.

brisamar

« Reply #14303 on: October 24, 2020, 10:26:48 AM »
Freda, my nephew was skeptical about the the Covid. He isnít now. We shouldnít let our guard down and we should be sensible about this virus. On a happier note, my granddaughter is 13 today. Luckily I can remember becoming a teenager.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14304 on: October 24, 2020, 11:57:34 AM »
Blimey Dawson. Can you go back that far? What a memory.  Iím only joking.  I can remember things that happened years ago better than things that happened yesterday. Iím cleaning out cupboards to get my kitchen and bathroom painted so it would be better if you didnít  come down this weekend as the House is a mess.  Next weekend will be fine all being well. Maybe you could go to a football match instead this week.  I hear the Glens are a good team.  You would [size=78%]enjoy that.  Now donít get upset about not seeing me this weekend. makes the heart grow fonder and thank you for the lovely roses you sent me.  Youíre the best toy boy I ever had and please no more jewellery.  Iím clearing out and NO Iím not leaving  [/size]

brisamar

« Reply #14305 on: October 24, 2020, 02:22:26 PM »
Blimey Dawson. Can you go back that far? What a memory.  Iím only joking.  I can remember things that happened years ago better than things that happened yesterday. Iím cleaning out cupboards to get my kitchen and bathroom painted so it would be better if you didnít  come down this weekend as the House is a mess.  Next weekend will be fine all being well. Maybe you could go to a football match instead this week.  I hear the Glens are a good team.  You would [size=78%]enjoy that.  Now donít get upset about not seeing me this weekend. makes the heart grow fonder and thank you for the lovely roses you sent me.  Youíre the best toy boy I ever had and please no more jewellery.  Iím clearing out and NO Iím not leaving  [/size]

Very good Freda. Are you trying to make Jimmy jealous???

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14306 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:09 PM »
Jimmy who?   I donít know what youíre talking about.     ???

brisamar

« Reply #14307 on: October 24, 2020, 08:57:19 PM »
Jimmy who?   I donít know what youíre talking about.     ???

Like your style Freda.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14308 on: October 24, 2020, 10:22:17 PM »
Freda you know peter isn't worried about your kitchen and bathroom as long as the bedroom is available.im not in the least bit jealous I know what you young people are like I just have to settle for my memories.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14309 on: October 24, 2020, 10:37:17 PM »
When I said my memories I meant of that kiss in longs.