Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1751644 times)

Freda Astaire

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #14580 on: March 27, 2021, 11:23:40 AM »
Great boys.  When I got Talk Talk taken out and BT put in I had a lot of trouble and at one stage I had no phone or WiFi so I couldnít write or see the column.  When I left I was the princess.  While I was away Belfast Girlie joined the column. I came back and said. HI BOYS YOUR PRINCESS IS BACK.  Silence until Belfast Girlie flirted some more.  JJ and Lone Ranger were squabbling over her.  Lilian was her new best friend.  Jimmy was drinking champagne from her shoe.  I thought FLIP THIS FOR A LAUGH and talked to myself for a while.  In other words I ignored her.  The popularity had gone to her head.  She would burn herself out. She sent PMs telling us how much she was enjoying herself and she hoped we didnít mind but I did so I just ignored her pm.  She referred to all her friends and her silent angel.  That was me. Dawson was quiet.  He remained a gentleman and answered sensibly when she flirted with him.  Dawson was interesting to her.  Time to put more effort into Dawson.  Dawson mentioned he was going somewhere and Belfast Girlie squealed so was she and she might see him there.  How did she know what he looked like?  I donít know but they met up and guess what WE NEVER HEARD FROM BELFAST GIRLIE AGAIN.  Shortly offer that Dawson disappeared and brismar was on our screens.  I never heard of brismar so I was politely standoffish.  GUESS WHAT.  Brismar was Dawson.  I had to be careful.  Was this Dawson.  Yes definitely it was.  No mention what happened to Belfast Girlie.  All we know is she met Dawson and disappeared.  Problem solved.  We donít talk about it.  The only reason Iím mentioning it now is this column is so private.  Itís like a gentlemanís and gentle ladyís club.  What?  Ho Ho gentlemen. 

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14581 on: March 28, 2021, 04:20:33 AM »
There's no answer to that.

brisamar

« Reply #14582 on: March 28, 2021, 11:39:18 AM »
What can I say Freda? Youíve hit the nail on the head.

Highway66

« Reply #14583 on: March 28, 2021, 06:37:56 PM »
Hi everyone, I don't post very often, however now and again something comes up that draws my attention and the latest one is a mention on Freda Astaire's post mentioning the Lone Ranger. Does anyone know what has became of him ? I feel that I have an answer to his absence.

brisamar

« Reply #14584 on: March 28, 2021, 09:26:50 PM »
Hi everyone, I don't post very often, however now and again something comes up that draws my attention and the latest one is a mention on Freda Astaire's post mentioning the Lone Ranger. Does anyone know what has became of him ? I feel that I have an answer to his absence.

The Lone Ranger was John Duckett who is no longer with us. Johnís passing must be coming up to approximately a year ago. John was from Thames Street and married Carol Creighton from Burnaby Street many, many years ago.

brisamar

« Reply #14585 on: April 03, 2021, 11:59:17 AM »
Have a good Easter everyone and donít be eating too many Easter eggs. Easter Monday was always Bellevue for us.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14586 on: April 03, 2021, 04:18:49 PM »
Easter Monday up to my Aunts.  Climb the Cave Hill for a picnic,  Happy Easter boys.  Is it Easter in Australia?

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14587 on: April 03, 2021, 10:33:57 PM »
Of course it is have a good one.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14588 on: April 04, 2021, 03:58:01 AM »
Are the antibiotics helping you Jimmy?

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14589 on: April 04, 2021, 05:49:54 AM »
I'm almost halfway through my fourth course of anti biotics and touch wood I'm feeling a bit better if these don't work I don't know what's going to happen to me it's now been over 2 months of terrible pain.

brisamar

« Reply #14590 on: April 04, 2021, 02:55:32 PM »
Sorry to hear youíre still on antibiotics and still in pain Jimmy

Freda Astaire

« Reply #14591 on: April 05, 2021, 02:51:17 AM »
Hi boys.  Nothing to say really so Iíll tell you about my Easter Sunday dinner.  I got a joint of beef on offer from Tescoís and I slow cooked it.  I had carrots and parsnips, cauliflower and broccoli mornay, roasted onions and champ.  I made the gravy from the juice which came out of the meat and boy was it nice?  No it wasnít nice.  It was DELICIOUS.  I said to myself Freda.  You can cook girl.  I followed that with one profiterole and followed that with pear sponge and coffee.  D. E. L. I. C. I. O. U. S

Hope you both had a nice day and I hope Jimmyís pain has gone completely.  Itís such a nice quiet private column.  I like it like this.  Oh the beef would have melted in your mouth it was so tender.  There wasnít a pick of fat on it.  What did you boys get for your Easter dinner?

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14592 on: April 05, 2021, 05:17:51 AM »
You mean you cooked that lovely dinner and didn't invite dawson I'm gobsmacked.

brisamar

« Reply #14593 on: April 05, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »
Jimmy, Freda knows I donít like champ or mashed potatoes

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #14594 on: April 05, 2021, 10:22:08 AM »
Well you don't need to eat them although she wouldn't be to happy.