Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1071721 times)

Freda Astaire

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #12255 on: September 09, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
That would be great Rebecca, but what about the rest of the stuff Lilian's getting?  That would be even better.  Oh.  I just read your pm.  I will look forward to seeing your pictures.  Enjoy Madrid.  Boy.  You're one lucky duck.
James.  You're such a leader.  You act.  We copy. 

RebeccaK

« Reply #12256 on: September 10, 2017, 12:30:52 AM »
That would be great Rebecca, but what about the rest of the stuff Lilian's getting?  That would be even better.  Oh.  I just read your pm.  I will look forward to seeing your pictures.  Enjoy Madrid.  Boy.  You're one lucky duck.
James.  You're such a leader.  You act.  We copy.

Don't worry Freda, I won't leave you out :)

James James

« Reply #12257 on: September 10, 2017, 11:42:44 AM »
GOOD JOB ONE OF THEM DIDN'T SAY THAT SHE HAD TOO MUCH TO DO. ! :)

LONE RANGER

« Reply #12258 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
Hi LR, you are on the right track, don, buy it, make it you need leftover mash, onion/leeks sortened, and leftover cabbage, stir it all together, I have an omelette pan that I use, grease the bottom, turn it in till it browns underneath, turn it onto a plate and then put the "raw" side in the pan to brown or stick it under the grill, the pan I use can go into the oven which makes it easier. Or you can make individual cakes and sprinkle them wiith a bit of flour before frying them, if you have any leftover boiled bacon you can dice it and put that in also. I still love to cook except it 'aint so easy. Don't bake anymore so we both have lost weight, will be glad when I can. Hubby has had to learn a lot he is quite good at veg but not with cooking meat, however I can keep an eye on him and point him in the right direction.DONT WANT FOOD POISONING!
             Thank you Lilian for taking the time to advise me how to cook Bubble & Squeek  regardless to how to cook this dish is of no significance more importantly how are you keeping I know through the grape that you are having a very rough time trying to get well again , it will be a hard long slog for you and your husband with this very unfortunate illness we all wish you a speedy recovery that probably will take years most people know fully how an illness like this can simply drain one and leave one , again thank you for your kindness contacting me my thoughts and prayers are with you both God Bless .   L/R   

Dawson

« Reply #12259 on: September 11, 2017, 09:54:15 PM »
Peter are you going over for the Dundee game.
Thinking about it Jimmy

Dawson

« Reply #12260 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:58 PM »
Good to hear from you again Lilian. I'm just back from France and Belgium visiting WWI battle sites, memorials and museums. Enjoyable trip. I think it's a trip that everyone should make to remind them of the horrors of war.

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #12261 on: September 12, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »
HEY LILIAN, YOU'RE BACK, O0   I'LL WRITE THIS IN CAPITAL BOLD LETTERS, IT MIGHT MAKE IT A BIT EASIER FOR YOU TO VIEW.

YOUR PALS WILL BE VERY PLEASED AND RELIEVED TO HEAR FROM YOU, THEY'VE ALL BEEN CONCERNED AT NOT HEARING FROM YOU FOR QUITE A WHILE, AND ESPECIALLY SO FREDA, WHO DECIDED NOT TO POST VERY OFTEN.

SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO GIVE HER A PM OR A PHONE CALL IF YOU HAVE HER NUMBER.  IF YOU SEND HER A PM IT WILL PROBABLY ALSO SEND HER AN EMAIL SO SHE MIGHT SEE IT.

SHE HAS RECENTLY POSTED ON THE MUSIC THREAD SO SHE MIGHT ALSO SEE YOUR POST HERE.

I BELIEVE THAT REBECCA MIGHT HAVE HER PHONE NUMBER.

YOUR SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION ARE SPOT ON,... MUCH BETTER THAN MANY POSTERS ON THIS SITE, :) AND YOUR BRAIN IS ALSO OBVIOUSLY WORKING WELL.

YOU SOUND VERY POSITIVE, AND OF COURSE MORALE AND ATTITUDE ARE HUGELY IMPORTANT WITH RECOVERING FROM THAT CONDITION.

WALKING AFTER THAT CERTAINLY CAN TAKE A WHILE TO RECOVER FULLY, BUT IT DOES OFTEN COME BACK PRETTY WELL, AND IF IT'S RETURNED AT ALL, WHICH IT HAS OBVIOUSLY STARTED TO DO, THAT'S A VERY GOOD SIGN, AND THEY'VE PROBABLY TOLD YOU THAT WITH THAT CONDITION, THE NERVE CELLS IN THE BRAIN REGROW NEW CONNECTIONS.

SO THEY'RE RE LEARNING HOW TO DO THINGS AS WELL,... BASICALLY VERY SIMILAR TO INSTALLING A NEW WIRING SYSTEM, BUT IT WILL GRADUALLY GET BETTER AND BETTER THE MORE THAT YOU TRY TO DO IT.

STAY WELL, ONWARDS EVER ONWARDS.

FREDA'S PROFILE...

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=11334

REBECCAK'S PROFILE...

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=24824
Thanks James for the darker script. Yes I am walking short distances but bearing in mind that I had no use of my left side when I was discharged I am lots better but it is a long process, I am nothing like the three ladies shown on here........................YET! We are both fine and I have a brilliant husband to help me where needed. Terrible things strokes but they do run in the family and I always did wonder if I would be unlucky  as my Father too.He had quite a few and then a pretty bad one which he didn't recover from. Things have changed since then as my parents didn't get the treatment and support that we got. Anyway, if this is how life will end.well what can one do? It isn't in our hands.I hope that come Spring my walking will be much better, though I must admit I am used to gallavanting round the shops but really I have enough clothes to last me for a very long time and a mountain of shoes too. Just shows you that you don't need half of it!

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #12262 on: September 12, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
Well I have forgotten which bits are which on the BF to type new messages, but as the song goes It's all coming back to me now" I typed James a reply and thought I had lost it but I retrieved it and it has appeared on the BF. My eyes are not as good as they were but I will talk to the consultant next week, so if I make some mistakes please bear with me, I hate spelling mistakes. Before I was ill someone recommended a hairdresser so I went to the shop to get a price list and also to see what they did, well there were 15 or more spelling mistakes on there, so I went in and I had circled them in Red and they looked at me like I was mad when I pointed them out, so needless to say I didn't go back there.

James James

« Reply #12263 on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »
 :) THAT'S THE SORT OF RESPONSE THAT I GOT ONE TIME, WHEN ONE OF THOSE ELECTORAL CANVASSERS CAME AROUND ASKING IF THERE WERE ANY ISSUES THAT THE M.P. SHOULD BE ADDRESSING.

SO I GAVE HIM MY REQUIREMENTS FOR STOPPING THOSE IDIOT ANNOYING TELEPHONE ADVERTSING CALLS,... WHICH I KNOW DARNED WELL THAT EVERYONE WOULD WANT TO HAVE BANNED, AND IT WOULD BE A CERTAIN VOTE WINNER FOR ANY CANDIDATE WHO MADE IT A CAMPAIGN ISSUE.

ANYWAY, THE LOCAL M.P. IS IN A SAFE SEAT, AND SO DOESN'T HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD, SO I GOT THE EXPECTED SHOCKED AND GLAZED LOOK, WHICH I WAS TOTALLY EXPECTING TO GET. :)

THE EASY WAY TO AVOID LOSING MESSAGES BEFORE YOU POST THEM, IS TO WRITE THEM INTO A SIMPLE WORD PROCESSOR PROGRAM, AND THEN COPY THE TEXT FROM THAT AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR FORUM MESSAGE.

THERE IS SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE AVAILABLE THAT WILL MAGNIFY AREAS OF YOUR SCREEN AND MAKE THE SCREEN EASIER TO VIEW, I'LL SORT YOU OUT SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THAT.

BTW, REBECCA IS HAVING A MINOR FAULT WITH HER COMPUTER AT THE MOMENT AND SHE'S GETTING IT FIXED, SO SHE MIGHT NOT BE IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE FOR A WHILE.

James James

« Reply #12264 on: September 12, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »
OH BTW, IF YOU WRITE TEXT IN ANY WORD PROCESSOR PROGRAM, YOU CAN ENLARGE IT TO MAKE IT EASIER TO VIEW WHILST YOU'RE TYPING IT,... THAT'S WHAT I DID WITH THIS MESSAGE.

HOWEVER, WHEN I SELECTED AND COPIED THE TEXT, AND THEN POSTED IT ON THE FORUM, IT LOOKED LIKE THIS,... THIS PICTURE BELOW SHOWS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WHEN I WROTE IT.

ACTUALLY, IN THE WORD PROCESSOR PROGRAM THE TEXT SIZE LOOKED EVEN BIGGER THAN THAT.

I SELECTED CAPITAL LETTERS AND BOLD TEXT, 36 POINT TEXT SIZE, AND TAHOMA FONT.

Dawson

« Reply #12265 on: September 13, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »
Got beat last night Jimmy by a "strong and cruel" crusaders team. Referee was dire and allowed a cynical team to run the game. They scored two good goals but some of their players shouldn't have been allowed to remain on the pitch. They reminded me of the Leeds team under Don Revie.
Ah well, at home this Saturday to Ballinamallard

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #12266 on: September 13, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
             Thank you Lilian for taking the time to advise me how to cook Bubble & Squeak  regardless to how to cook this dish is of no significance more importantly how are you keeping I know through the grape that you are having a very rough time trying to get well again , it will be a hard long slog for you and your husband with this very unfortunate illness we all wish you a speedy recovery that probably will take years most people know fully how an illness like this can simply drain one and leave one , again thank you for your kindness contacting me my thoughts and prayers are with you both God Bless .   L/R   
Hope you make the Bubble 'N Squeak as it would be expensive in M&S. I am okay, I can walk although a bit wobbly, talk and I am progressing. They tell me I am ahead of myself but I expect more of myself or I am an inpatient patient. Well I have had a good life with nice holidays,sometimes 4 a year, cruises, loads of clothes and shoes. If another should strike, well I have to be quite candid but when it's your time that's all folks. 'ain't it. Change of subject, let's be upbeat, eh? We have had all sorts of weather thrown at us today, the sun has been shining and I was too warm in this bungalow, then the sky blackened and we have had pelting rain and really big hailstones. The sun came out again and then it has gone big black clouds again.My neighbour has loaned me a wii to train your brain doing arithmetic, so yesterday I used it and got better and better.Thank goodness I listened to my times tables at QVPS it did me good, I will do more later it shows how fast you react, but in the hospital they had me doing puzzles and shapes and I managed to draw my way out of a maze that wasn't an easy one, but I did it! I am on here practicing using my left hand as I used to type with both hands, so I will train my brain to do it.

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #12267 on: September 13, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »
OH BTW, IF YOU WRITE TEXT IN ANY WORD PROCESSOR PROGRAM, YOU CAN ENLARGE IT TO MAKE IT EASIER TO VIEW WHILST YOU'RE TYPING IT,... THAT'S WHAT I DID WITH THIS MESSAGE.

HOWEVER, WHEN I SELECTED AND COPIED THE TEXT, AND THEN POSTED IT ON THE FORUM, IT LOOKED LIKE THIS,... THIS PICTURE BELOW SHOWS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WHEN I WROTE IT.

ACTUALLY, IN THE WORD PROCESSOR PROGRAM THE TEXT SIZE LOOKED EVEN BIGGER THAN THAT.

I SELECTED CAPITAL LETTERS AND BOLD TEXT, 36 POINT TEXT SIZE, AND TAHOMA FONT.

i used to type for two gals who were almost blind and their computers had script like that and I must admit it was sooo  easy for me as I had a job to read their writing. One gal had to put her nose to the page and her wee nose used to have ink on the tip.the other gal was amazing, really glam and beautifully dressed, amazing how she got to look so good each day, impeccable. We used to have a lovely Golden Labrador guide dog in our office called Warren and we all LOVED him, he was GORGEOUS, and a big softy but we had to let him do his job even though we just wanted to give him hugs and treats.Some bas***d came out of a shop one day and as my colleague was passing with Warren he kicked the dog as it was in his way!

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #12268 on: September 13, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
Good to hear from you again Lilian. I'm just back from France and Belgium visiting WWI battle sites, memorials and museums. Enjoyable trip. I think it's a trip that everyone should make to remind them of the horrors of war.
My sister and her husband went over to see that this ear, yes those men gave up their lives for us, i couldn't visit the concentration camps  as I would be in floods of tears, I can't bear to see t on TV, or those starving kiddies in African countries that look so old and emaciated. How could they just starve those poor people and do experiments on them with no anaesthetic, or at all. Enjoy your travel Peter, 'cos I loved it and hope I can do it again some day and meet up with Barbara Irvine and Ken in Majorca.

James James

« Reply #12269 on: September 13, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »
WELL LILIAN YOU'RE COMPOSITIONAL AND WRITTEN GRAMMATICAL AND SPELLING AND PRESENTATIONAL SKILLS HAVEN'T SUFFERED AT ALL. IN FACT, BARRING AN ABSENCE OF SOME PARAGRAPH BREAKS ::) YOU'RE PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST POSTERS ON THE FORUM IN THOSE REGARDS.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE DOG KICKER, HIS KHARMA WILL TAKE CARE OF HIM.

IT MIGHT TAKE A LITTLE WHILE LONGER TO HAPPEN IN HIS CASE THAN IT DID WITH THIS GUY...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JPUzUy4yTU