Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1541440 times)

LONE RANGER

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #12870 on: July 06, 2018, 08:15:58 AM »
:) Well here's a comment. What exactly and specifically do you mean in your two comments. ?!
           I should have thought that my comments were understandable but to make it plain for you that even you might grasp " The Belfast Forum Is Not As Bubbly As It Use To Be It Has Frozen On Page 858 For a very Long Time Now Maybe Due To The Fact That Members Have Become So Fed Up with The Same Old Same Old Kapache ! Or Indeed Maybe With Others With Attitudes And Would Be So Called Education Standards On A Working Class Man`s Forum Specific Enough " .     

Freda Astaire

« Reply #12871 on: July 11, 2018, 08:37:30 PM »
Oh. Boys, boys boys.  What are you doing?  Squabbling amongst yourselves?  And you such witty boys.  Stop squabbling I need an answer

Dawson and Jimmy, Linfield supporters.  I went to school with a girl called Jean Ross.  One of her sisters was married to either Billy or Bobby Irvine.  They were two brothers who played for Linfield in the sixties.  Do any of you remember them?  Do you know anything about them?  Jimmyís computer may be on the blink.  Remember he couldnít answer Val Kilrow on the Grosvenor Road, Sandy Row column.

Okay boys.  Back to squabbling. 

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #12872 on: July 11, 2018, 10:18:09 PM »
Freda wilie and bobby irvine were brothers both were nth ireland internationals. Willie went to play for burnley as a young man his wife's name was rita.bobby played goalkeeper for linfield and was in the famous linfield 7 trophy team.he later went to england to play for stoke I think your friend would have been with him. Both willie and bobby still live in england.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #12873 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:12 PM »
Hi Jimmy.  Where have you been?  Youíre keeping a low profile.  England got knocked out of the World Cup tonight.
So Bobby and Billy Irvine are still alive.  They must be well over seventy now.  Jeanís sister was married while I was still at school.  I think Jean Ross lived in something like Station Street.  I canít remember but it was near Windsor Park.
Bryan Hamilton and Collette Irvine (no relation) worked in Gallahers.  They got married.
You know Bryan Hamilton.
This little bit info is for free.  I saw Aristotle Onassis and Jacqueline Kennedy in a car in the shipyard.  What struck me most about her was her face was orange.  It must have been make up but she was orange.
I saw Dirty Den and May McCoubrey in Glengall Street.  Aw well.  I havenít got much money but I sure have seen life.
Jimmy.  You have to sort these boys out.  You know theyíre sulkers.  It could be years before they come on again.  Start talking to them, Jimmy.  The Grosvenor Road needs you.  Give Dawson a shout.  I think heís dropped off the planet.  Twelfth day tomorrow.  The old Lambegs will be brought out of the mothballs again.  Thanks for info, Jimmy.  Stay cool.  Oh I forgot.  We had a heatwave.  Up in the mid 20s.  The weather has gone crazy.  Northern Ireland without rain.  What will be next?

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #12874 on: July 12, 2018, 01:18:34 AM »
I have been speaking to peter and the Lone Ranger on other threads there's just not enough of me to go around (ha ha) I will see what I can do about your request.quite a few have dropped of this wee thread maybe everyone have said all they can remember. Will be thinking of home on the 12th the only time I get really homesick.

LONE RANGER

« Reply #12875 on: July 12, 2018, 01:31:48 AM »
I have been speaking to peter and the Lone Ranger on other threads there's just not enough of me to go around (ha ha) I will see what I can do about your request.quite a few have dropped of this wee thread maybe everyone have said all they can remember. Will be thinking of home on the 12th the only time I get really homesick.
       At least on the other threads Jimmy there is no sarcasm .

James James

« Reply #12876 on: July 12, 2018, 02:05:55 AM »
Howdy Freda,... I'd been wondering how you and Lilian have been doing.

Belfast 1970 video,... she looks as elegant as she was always said to be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1288843/Jackie-Aristotle-Onassis-Belfast-1970.html

"Jackie Kenneddy Onassis chats with Belfast shoppers at the Harland & Wolff Social Club, Queen Street, Belfast."

I don't know if it was true or not,... but the legend that I always heard about lambegs was that it was said that the drummer wasn't doing it properly if his wrists didn't bleed !

Freda Astaire

« Reply #12877 on: July 12, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »
Howdy boys. 
Well the drums are drumming and the flutes are fluting, and the pipes are piping and itís 2 oíclock in Ballymena.  I donít know if theyíre starting off or going home 🤷🏻‍♀️. 

Jimmy.  Do you remember the last time you seen the twelfth?  Well itís exactly the same as it was then.  The only difference is those young spring chickens that used to march behind the bands are now limping or on walking sticks.  King Billy is as fresh as ever he was.

James.  1970.  Is that the year it was?  That was a nice video.  Thanks for putting it on.  I only threw the bit about Aristotle Onassis and Jacqueline Kennedy in to impress people.
Do you remember how we all squabbled years ago and you fell out with us?  We had to use the old jungle drums to get you back.  But youíre a big boy now and youíre just going to soldier on.  Arenít you, James?  James.  James.  J A M E S.    ;)

Lone Ranger.  What would Tonto say?  Too sensitive King ooo Sabe.  See I donít speak red Indian and I canít spell it.  I speak brown Indian and Take Away Indian. Just not red indian.  When I send out a text it sometimes comes back with a cool reply and i think WHAT WRONG WITH HIM?  So i either donít reply or send a curt text back.  Then no more texts.  Why?  Because i canít put the light hearted attitude into a text. It can be read with a different attitude taken to the one it was written with.  What do i do?  Move on.  Yesterday I was angry with someone.  He parked his car blocking me and about five other people parking in this yard.  He then went to the Tower Centre.  I rang his mobile and said YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH PERSON I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE and hung up.  I wrote it on a piece of paper and put it under his windscreen wiper in case I had to move my car.  He came back to his car and I told him again in case he had missed it the first time.  He moved his car and I blocked him and two other cars in.  I went to the friends flat that we were both invited to.  I gave him a few glares, paced around for a bit, then I settled down and forgot about it.  He handed me a box and he said.I SAW THIS AND I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE IT.  It was a cup with dogs on it.  I think the world of it.  He taught me something yesterday.  His attitude far outshone mine.  A valuable lesson I needed to learn.
Donít be harsh on people, Lone Ranger.  Sometimes we just need to walk a mile in their shoes.  How do you know the attitude was sarcastic?   Thatís just how you read it.

GROUP HUG, BOYS

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #12878 on: July 12, 2018, 11:25:21 PM »
That's a nice story Freda.its well over 20 years since I was home at the twelfth. Probably about 50 years since I walked.i still have my collarette it was my dad's and he died when I was 16 and I joined the lodge and wore his.

Dawson

« Reply #12879 on: July 18, 2018, 01:15:57 PM »
Hello everybody. Sitting in a cafe in Nairn, Scotland using their wifi. I've driven up the west coast, north coast and now I'm on the east coast of Scotland. Wifi is a luxury in these areas I've been through. Having a ball and enjoying the experience. Something I've wanted to die for awhile. Seen some spectacular scenery along the way.

bob brown

« Reply #12880 on: July 18, 2018, 11:52:11 PM »
just down the road from Nairn is RAF Kinloss where I used to visit at least once a month.  On the first visit to Kinloss they used to take you on the Whiskey trail.  There are 5 distillerys in the area that you can visit and sample the stock, fantastic and well recommended.  There is also a great pub, the Kimberley, in Findhorn Bay, well worth a visit.  Cheers Peter

boxer1949

« Reply #12881 on: July 25, 2018, 11:13:17 PM »

Dawson

« Reply #12882 on: July 27, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »
Val Killow is Mervyn Johnstones sister.

Dawson

« Reply #12883 on: July 27, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
just down the road from Nairn is RAF Kinloss where I used to visit at least once a month.  On the first visit to Kinloss they used to take you on the Whiskey trail.  There are 5 distillerys in the area that you can visit and sample the stock, fantastic and well recommended.  There is also a great pub, the Kimberley, in Findhorn Bay, well worth a visit.  Cheers Peter
Bobby, son was in Lossiemouth for awhile

colin randell

« Reply #12884 on: July 29, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »
Hi Everybody still looking in and out second person has passed over and they say it comes in three's I remember taking number plates in Roden Street when they changed it from set stones to tar This was done for Albert or Meaureen Currin  87 Burnaby street can't remember what I got for doing it  It could have been Albert's castle I played with that castle for years Ivanhoe not sure Will keep dropping in at the minute              regards  Colin