Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1647484 times)

Freda Astaire

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13125 on: November 03, 2018, 02:37:25 AM »
Thanks Rebecca.  They even called me Maíam.  I like that but itís not cavaliers i have.  Itís cocker spaniels.  Where are the photographs of the meshies you were to put on for me?

Hi Jimmy.  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  Hear youíre getting it a bit warm.  Youíll soon be getting snakes and spiders in.  Have you ever seen a snake?  Iíve met stacks of them

JJ has some beautiful pictures to put on

Dawson

« Reply #13126 on: November 03, 2018, 10:19:54 AM »
Happy Birthday Freda

RebeccaK

« Reply #13127 on: November 03, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
Thanks Rebecca.  They even called me Maíam.  I like that but itís not cavaliers i have.  Itís cocker spaniels.  Where are the photographs of the meshies you were to put on for me?

Hi Jimmy.  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  Hear youíre getting it a bit warm.  Youíll soon be getting snakes and spiders in.  Have you ever seen a snake?  Iíve met stacks of them

JJ has some beautiful pictures to put on

Here you go Freda! This is just the collection at my local Albert Heijn. I thought I had sent them to you before, I must've just sent them to James. It's not just "muisjes", though - you'll see them at the top of the second photo.

colin randell

« Reply #13128 on: November 03, 2018, 07:40:15 PM »
Nice to see old friends at the Naval Club yesterday and a little chinwag later with Charlie Rogers and Jimmy Nixon. Wonder what happened to Denis and Colin??? Several ladies were enquiring about you Denis.
HI Peter It was Denis who had to cancelled it I was even going down for him myself   Denis got new glasses out of specsavers ok at the start but then his tear ducts starting working overtime take this way he can't see more than 5 to 6 feet in front of him  went back to Specsavers they gave him drops no good went to a chemist he knows and he gave him a spray to use 4 times a day when finished he has to go to Specsavers again if it doesn't work then they will refer him to the hospital still half of bottle left  Television is a thing of the pass for him till it gets this all sorted out I have told him just go back to them get them to check him out and refer him to the hospital.  I forgot the spray cost him £20 not on national health can't go anywhere on his own I thought it was his laptop to bright but seeing it no not it   I go two pair of glasses 3 years ago and still can't use them but one of these's days they will be returned to them So that's all I can tell you at the minute except I have to pick him up on Monday and get him and her up to the hospital it's for her not him                                 regards   Colin

colin randell

« Reply #13129 on: November 03, 2018, 07:44:57 PM »
YO HO
ITíS MY BIRTHDAY
Happy Birthday Freda Love and many more to follow                      regards  Colin

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13130 on: November 04, 2018, 12:33:52 AM »
Thank you for my birthday wishes.  So good of you all to remember.

DJ did you know it was my birthday

Good photographs, James.  Youíre wiz on these computers.

So thatís muisjes.  I canít recognise one thing on those shelves, Rebecca.  Iíd starve in Holland.  Still no.  Probably not

The Crown Bar and The Beaten Docket.  You know Jimmy, I get homesick for Old Belfast.  Belfast the way it was.  The OLD Grosvenor Road.  The people who lived there.  The OLD shops Arnotts Robbs Robinson Cleavers Anderson McAuleys and certainly the Bank Buildings Newels the Co op.  All gone.  Ballymena is so far away from home.  I should have thought of that before we emigrated down here.  How do you cope with Australia? 

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13131 on: November 04, 2018, 12:39:01 AM »
Oh I forgot to say.  Very interesting article about May Blood.  I hadnít heard of her but I fell about laughing when I read about Paisley WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET THE TEA, LOVE?
Men.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13132 on: November 04, 2018, 12:42:09 AM »
I miss it all to Freda. Leaving belfast and my family and friends was the hardest thing I have ever done, but giving my circumstances at the time it was the right decision.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13133 on: November 04, 2018, 01:16:17 AM »
But you see one youíve gone you can never come back to live because the children marry and have children and youíre tied.  Canít leave family behind.  My friends aunt asked to be buried here and she was.  No country like the old country wherever it is.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13134 on: November 04, 2018, 01:38:23 AM »
I'm different Freda my wife and kids all know if I really wanted to go back I would with or without them. They all lead their own lives now.

RebeccaK

« Reply #13136 on: November 05, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »
I was just reading my PMs from years ago - as you do when you're bored - and was wondering if anyone had heard from Belfast Girlie. I hope she's okay.

Dawson

« Reply #13137 on: November 05, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »
HI Peter It was Denis who had to cancelled it I was even going down for him myself   Denis got new glasses out of specsavers ok at the start but then his tear ducts starting working overtime take this way he can't see more than 5 to 6 feet in front of him  went back to Specsavers they gave him drops no good went to a chemist he knows and he gave him a spray to use 4 times a day when finished he has to go to Specsavers again if it doesn't work then they will refer him to the hospital still half of bottle left  Television is a thing of the pass for him till it gets this all sorted out I have told him just go back to them get them to check him out and refer him to the hospital.  I forgot the spray cost him £20 not on national health can't go anywhere on his own I thought it was his laptop to bright but seeing it no not it   I go two pair of glasses 3 years ago and still can't use them but one of these's days they will be returned to them So that's all I can tell you at the minute except I have to pick him up on Monday and get him and her up to the hospital it's for her not him                                 regards   Colin
Colin, sorry to hear about Denis having problems with his eyes. Hope the eye drops work and give him some joy. Tell Denis I was asking for him.

Heatherpen

found this under Lavery burnaby street trying to trace EileeN and Mary agnes
« Reply #13138 on: November 05, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »

Ella & Me earlier this year (Hair colours have changed a lot)

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13139 on: November 05, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »
Peter that was in Barbara's garage, was that the night you told me you were dead when you fell up the side of the garage.lol.