Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 2070612 times)

colin randell

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13170 on: November 25, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »
When they built the bridge over the Westlink it ruined the view Jimmy. It was certainly straight.
hi everybody still poping in and out denis his eyes are coming on rightly but still got the tears one day ok and the next can't see just a blair going down again on wednesday to see for myself    he would tell me anything on the phone but not when i'm looking at him  don't know if anybody has noticed or not are club has been sold  i'm talking about mulhouse works where the army was based during the troubles i only spotted it because i was going to my daughters that westline is a shambles bumper to bumper  it's just as quick over the mountains at least your still moving                 it was said the crumlin road was the straightest  me i just said which part maybe the longest road but not the straightest    yes i know my key board is stuck hopefully not for long            regards   colin

misssmyth1

« Reply #13171 on: November 25, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »
hello havent been on for a long time but had visitors a few weeks ago  from old friends  from Belfast and  from our wee street off the Grosvenor  Road  ..   we had a really lovely time  and enjoyed each others company  we got in touch through this forum /thread    they stayed with us at our invitation and we just did not stop talking and having fun  .we  collected  them from the airport ( one of four in London ) and took them out and about in London and  we all enjoyed everything.   so thank you Dawson for starting this thread  ...x

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13172 on: November 26, 2018, 01:20:17 AM »
Smythy seen the photos of you guys with val and charlie. Glad you had a great reunion after so many years. You look great not bad for an aul doll.lol.

misssmyth1

« Reply #13173 on: November 26, 2018, 12:28:36 PM »
thanks Jimmy  LOL  i do my best x

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13174 on: November 26, 2018, 02:25:41 PM »
Welcome back MissS.  Great to hear about your reunion with old friends.  Lilian hasn’ t been on for a while.  Hasn’t been keeping too well.  Good to have you back

Dawson

« Reply #13175 on: November 26, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
hello havent been on for a long time but had visitors a few weeks ago  from old friends  from Belfast and  from our wee street off the Grosvenor  Road  ..   we had a really lovely time  and enjoyed each others company  we got in touch through this forum /thread    they stayed with us at our invitation and we just did not stop talking and having fun  .we  collected  them from the airport ( one of four in London ) and took them out and about in London and  we all enjoyed everything.   so thank you Dawson for starting this thread  ...x
misssmyth1 - I did see the photos on Facebook and I’m glad that everyone had a good time. It’s nice to see old friends meeting up after such a long absence. It’s the people who lived on the Grosvenor or thereabouts that have kept this site going and enabling old friends to get together. Welcome back

Dawson

« Reply #13176 on: November 26, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
Smythy seen the photos of you guys with val and charlie. Glad you had a great reunion after so many years. You look great not bad for an aul doll.lol.
Jimmy - you haven’t lost your touch.

Dawson

« Reply #13177 on: November 26, 2018, 04:28:24 PM »
hi everybody still poping in and out denis his eyes are coming on rightly but still got the tears one day ok and the next can't see just a blair going down again on wednesday to see for myself    he would tell me anything on the phone but not when i'm looking at him  don't know if anybody has noticed or not are club has been sold  i'm talking about mulhouse works where the army was based during the troubles i only spotted it because i was going to my daughters that westline is a shambles bumper to bumper  it's just as quick over the mountains at least your still moving                 it was said the crumlin road was the straightest  me i just said which part maybe the longest road but not the straightest    yes i know my key board is stuck hopefully not for long            regards   colin
Give Denis my regards Colin

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13178 on: November 26, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
Auld Jimmy Patterson has overtaken me.  I can’t believe it.  He’s got 2061 posts and I’ve only got 1798.   >:D >:D >:D .  Keep quiet, Jimmy.

Our leader’s way out in front with 2715 posts and the column has 1,553,032 readings.  Wow.  Good job Dawson

Dawson

« Reply #13179 on: November 27, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
Auld Jimmy Patterson has overtaken me.  I can’t believe it.  He’s got 2061 posts and I’ve only got 1798.   >:D >:D >:D .  Keep quiet, Jimmy.

Our leader’s way out in front with 2715 posts and the column has 1,553,032 readings.  Wow.  Good job Dawson
Freda, it’s a job well done by all the contributors. If it wasn’t for you and the others then this thread wouldn’t have existed. Good to see old friends getting in contact with each other. Pity we didn’t have this technology years ago.

misssmyth1

« Reply #13180 on: November 27, 2018, 12:42:12 PM »
Hello  all Lillian and I keep in touch by E Mail and we have phoned each other talked as if we'd seen each other yesterday.It was great . she has a great sense of humour and   We were on loud speaker and Denzil joined in .. she is doing well  although for her it is not quick enough not being able to so everything she used to. it is so frustrating for her  . i'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying this..  she said she enjoyed the chat so much and had a good laugh. i am so glad she did phone ..Val and Charlie stayed with us overnight we collected them  from  one of the four airports  we have here the one nearest to us . there was a atube strike and the traffic was crazy it took us three times the usual time but they saw a bit of London!  LOL.we had dinner and some drinks and then next morning  after  a simple   Breakfast, bacon sandwiches and lots of  tea.. we went out and about in London .i think the tube was an adventure !  was very busy ..but we looked after them both.  we had a late lunch in a  very old pub with a fabulous view of London Bridge  and in the evening went along the area and she took photos and the river at night is so beautiful all buildings lit up and the London Eye  etc and the boats going along  and .. we all enjoyed it..

i wasn't going to mention any names but val has already put all on Facebook which I am not on  by choice  so have not seen anything .

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13181 on: November 27, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »
One months rain in one hour here in sydney.

Dawson

« Reply #13182 on: November 28, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »
Hello  all Lillian and I keep in touch by E Mail and we have phoned each other talked as if we'd seen each other yesterday.It was great . she has a great sense of humour and   We were on loud speaker and Denzil joined in .. she is doing well  although for her it is not quick enough not being able to so everything she used to. it is so frustrating for her  . i'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying this..  she said she enjoyed the chat so much and had a good laugh. i am so glad she did phone ..Val and Charlie stayed with us overnight we collected them  from  one of the four airports  we have here the one nearest to us . there was a atube strike and the traffic was crazy it took us three times the usual time but they saw a bit of London!  LOL.we had dinner and some drinks and then next morning  after  a simple   Breakfast, bacon sandwiches and lots of  tea.. we went out and about in London .i think the tube was an adventure !  was very busy ..but we looked after them both.  we had a late lunch in a  very old pub with a fabulous view of London Bridge  and in the evening went along the area and she took photos and the river at night is so beautiful all buildings lit up and the London Eye  etc and the boats going along  and .. we all enjoyed it..

i wasn't going to mention any names but val has already put all on Facebook which I am not on  by choice  so have not seen anything .
Looks like a good time was had all misssmyth1

Dawson

« Reply #13183 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »
One months rain in one hour here in sydney.
Good summer weather in Oz Jimmy.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13184 on: November 30, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »
First day of summer here in australia. All our thoughts are with the people of Queensland where 100 bush fires are burning with hot conditions forcasted for the next 5 days.also our thoughts and prayers go out to the fire fighters who are mostly volunteers.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy