Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 2070541 times)

Jimmy Patterson

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13215 on: December 08, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »
Great win today peter for the wee blues.coyb.

colin randell

« Reply #13216 on: December 09, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »
Hello to ya all.Just to wish you all who know me & those who don't a great Christmas & a happy & healthy new year, I am still alive and progressing forward but it is a very slow job.
HI Lilian just take it easy no matter how long it takes both of you have a good one                 regards  Colin

colin randell

« Reply #13217 on: December 09, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »
Yo Ho.  Lilian.  Good to hear from you.  Why are you sending us CHRISTmas and new year greetings now?  Surely you’ll be on before CHRISTmas.  It’s about three weeks away.  You always come on at CHRISTmas time.  No excuses now.  IOU a pm and I will write it. I don’t often have much news thank goodness but I have some tonight. 

In mid November my car was fully serviced and passed the MOT.  On Monday I came home and reversed the car into the garage. As I got out the engine fan was on.  I looked back at the car and saw a puff of smoke coming from under my bonnet.  I thought I don’t like that so I went up the back to a man in his forties who usually tells me what the problem is.  He doesn’t fix it but he tells me what’s wrong.  He said I CANT HELP YOU TONIGHT.  I GETTING CHEMOTHERAPY.  He had just found out last month he needed it.  Aw.  I felt so sorry.  I came back to my house and thick grey smoke was pouring out of the garage.  I went into the house and put the leads on my dogs and brought them into the living room in case we needed to get out quickly.  The window wrapped and someone shouted FREDA (you don’t call me Freda} GET THE DOGS AND GET OUT.  I went out the front door by myself to see if it was any worse.  I fully intended to get the hose and put the fire out myself but someone had rung the fire brigade and they had just arrived.  I was glad when I saw the thick dense dark grey smoke.  The men were excellent.  They brought the car out.  I said IS MY GARAGE DAMAGED.  They said they didn’t know until the smoke cleared.  They sucked the smoke out with equipment.  When it was over they said IF WE HAD ARRIVED ONE MINUTE LATER YOUR ROOF WOULD HAVE GONE ON FIRE.  THERE ARE THREE OIL TANKS SURROUNDING YOUR GARAGE WHICH WOULD HAVE GONE ON FIRE AND THEN YOUR HOUSE.  YOU WERE VERY BLESSED.  They said LUCKY.  I say BLESSED.  There was no warning.  No unusual noises, no lights came on.
I want you all to know how quickly this all happened.  A man once showed me a shop where a woman left her two children strapped in the car while she went in for milk.  When she came out the car was on fire.  One child was killed and the other child was scarred for life. 
BELIEVE ME IT HAPPENS FAST.  NEVER LEAVE A CHILD IN THE CAR ALONE FOR ONE SECOND.  When the electrics go the doors can jam.  My boot is locked shut and can’t be opened.  It’s only a tin can on wheels.  No one was hurt.  No structural damage done.  GOD blessed and protected me. My neighbours brought me 3 litres of milk, a bag of potatoes, a box of chocolates and a tin of biscuits.  People think when your engine goes on fire it gives you an appetite.
Freda Love your a lucky girl hope they replace your car for you or get yours up and running again What's the bet the apprentice did it always is even if there is none there     Take care don't hit them to hard for the damage                        regards Colin   

colin randell

« Reply #13218 on: December 09, 2018, 08:09:35 PM »
Colin Tommy Nelson RIP died about over 20 years ago with blue jumper on i think thats his brother beside him Tony O Hagan used to work with him at the roofing many moons ago
HI Boxer  thanks for posting this photo the first one are left side is Tommy's brother Gerald like chalk and cheese  now I'm starting to wonder did Peter make a mistake who was dead many a good time in the Windsor with them   See what you said about Tony did he live next to the gates belonging to Brown's the butcher's if so his son Gerald was nick name was Hassue he was in the trade as well The gates where they lived is were the horse's were kept and the gates at the bottom Brown's horse was kept along with pigs and chicken's at that end Georgie Nesbitt kept his horse in there as well   thank's again Boxer                   regards  Colin

colin randell

« Reply #13219 on: December 09, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »

Boxer Thanks for this one just working this out from Malt street to hospital shop they took 7 streets away 340 odd house's From Turin street to Distillery street 350 odds the street's behind all this an other 15 streets to Dans bar a total of well over 1000 house's smallest street was Genoa about 10 house's and don't for get the flat's about 4 or 5 in there as well all for progress Peter  and what's it like                    regards Colin

boxer1949

« Reply #13220 on: December 09, 2018, 11:16:55 PM »

HI Boxer  thanks for posting this photo the first one are left side is Tommy's brother Gerald like chalk and cheese  now I'm starting to wonder did Peter make a mistake who was dead many a good time in the Windsor with them   See what you said about Tony did he live next to the gates belonging to Brown's the butcher's if so his son Gerald was nick name was Hassue he was in the trade as well The gates where they lived is were the horse's were kept and the gates at the bottom Brown's horse was kept along with pigs and chicken's at that end Georgie Nesbitt kept his horse in there as well   thank's again Boxer                   regards  Colin
 Dont think its the same Tony O Hagan Colin he live in Abyssina St same street as the Oak bar which was at the corner of the street here Tony in front of photo

colin randell

« Reply #13221 on: December 10, 2018, 11:23:55 AM »
 Dont think its the same Tony O Hagan Colin he live in Abyssina St same street as the Oak bar which was at the corner of the street here Tony in front of photo
HI Boxer I don't think it's the same person I think Gerald's dad was called Patrick they lived below McDonnell street to Grosvenor rd there number would have been 190 to 210 leeson st somewhere about that I think                         regards  Colin

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13222 on: December 12, 2018, 12:09:42 AM »
Still trying to put a photograph on without success.

Hi Colin love.  Every time I read your posts I start reading faster.  It’s a sub conscious thing.  You’re always DASHING OFF somewhere so I read faster so I get the post read before you go.

The car has been taken away to a scrap yard.  Haven’t heard anything from insurance yet. 

I picked a new car today.  Now all I need is money. 

colin randell

« Reply #13223 on: December 12, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
Still trying to put a photograph on without success.

Hi Colin love.  Every time I read your posts I start reading faster.  It’s a sub conscious thing.  You’re always DASHING OFF somewhere so I read faster so I get the post read before you go.

The car has been taken away to a scrap yard.  Haven’t heard anything from insurance yet. 

I picked a new car today.  Now all I need is money.
HI Freda Love you know me never have time to myself always looking after other people some things never change (lol)   That's good you got sorted out I always say Health to wear and the people who don't know this is so unbelievable   All the best Freda Love             regards  Colin

Dawson

« Reply #13224 on: December 14, 2018, 06:34:58 PM »
Great win today peter for the wee blues.coyb.
Getting some good results Jimmy and now we have our first final to look forward to.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13225 on: December 14, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
Peter I see big Davy has ballymena ticking over.freda should be happy maybe you and she will go to the final together.

Dawson

« Reply #13226 on: December 15, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
Peter I see big Davy has ballymena ticking over.freda should be happy maybe you and she will go to the final together.
He has indeed Jimmy. Match postponed today because of the heavy rain. Freda would have to sit with the Ballymena supporters

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13227 on: December 15, 2018, 05:48:16 PM »
No. No. Dawson.  I’ll sit with you.  COYB.   Will you call for me, Dawson?  I’ve no car. 
Thanks Jimmy.  We could be married next year. 

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13228 on: December 15, 2018, 11:51:47 PM »
That's great news Freda I will come over and give you away.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13229 on: December 16, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »
Thanks Jimmy.  If he comes and collects me that will be step one down the aisle.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy