Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1637915 times)

colin randell

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #13755 on: August 18, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
Loved your post Freda. Good for you.
Hi Freda Love all you had to was ask I would have went with you I delivered New City lemonade around that district  glad you got sorted out   regards  Colin

colin randell

« Reply #13756 on: August 18, 2019, 09:41:49 PM »
We're missing you on Facebook in the group Jimmy
Welcome back Val   regards  Colin

LONE RANGER

« Reply #13757 on: August 19, 2019, 01:34:58 PM »
I hope ye all are enjoying my old movies The Lone Ranger on Sky / Movies TCM 1956 bring`s back a few memorie`s .   

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13758 on: August 20, 2019, 04:28:20 AM »
What?  1956?  Whoís the Lone Ranger?  He was well before my time.  Try Dawson.  He should remember him.

James James

« Reply #13759 on: August 20, 2019, 07:09:22 AM »
What?  1956?  Whoís the Lone Ranger?  He was well before my time.  Try Dawson.  He should remember him.

No idea what TCM means,... but this was the real guy,...
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0138194/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

They tried to make better TV shows after him,... but they mostly failed.

"The Lone Ranger ENTER THE LONE RANGER (Episode 1)"
https://youtu.be/g4mBLZbGKi8

"This iconic TV western stars Clayton Moore as the Masked Rider of the Plains and Jay Silverheels as his faithful companion Tonto."

"ENTER THE LONE RANGER: John Reid, the sole surviving Texas Ranger of a murderous ambush, becomes the great masked hero with his companion, Tonto."

https://tvdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Lone_Ranger:_Enter_the_Lone_Ranger

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13760 on: August 20, 2019, 05:06:44 PM »
Sometimes Iím flicking around the internet and I hear a song that I havenít heard since I was a child under seven and we used to come to Belfast for the month of July and stay at my grandmotherís house.  My uncle had an old gramophone and he played old wartime records on it.  I never paid much attention to it but all those Jo Stafford, Vera Lynn and Ruby Murray songs are implanted in my brain.  Sometimes I hear one that I havenít heard since those long gone days and I canít breathe.  I feel Iím back in time.  I can see the people, smell the smells and Iím actually there.  The feeling is so intense yet I canít describe it but I have to think BREATHE.  This has just happened to me again.  I feel like crying for the people and the times that have gone.  Iím going to try to put the song on but JJ may have to help me or you could look it up on YouTube as it is on there.  Itís called GOODBYE JIMMY, GOODBYE and itís by Ruby Murray who I think came from the Donegal Road.  Stand by JJ.  Here goes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLkSLEdsCM[/font]

I hope it works

Dawson

« Reply #13761 on: August 21, 2019, 09:14:55 AM »
Sometimes Iím flicking around the internet and I hear a song that I havenít heard since I was a child under seven and we used to come to Belfast for the month of July and stay at my grandmotherís house.  My uncle had an old gramophone and he played old wartime records on it.  I never paid much attention to it but all those Jo Stafford, Vera Lynn and Ruby Murray songs are implanted in my brain.  Sometimes I hear one that I havenít heard since those long gone days and I canít breathe.  I feel Iím back in time.  I can see the people, smell the smells and Iím actually there.  The feeling is so intense yet I canít describe it but I have to think BREATHE.  This has just happened to me again.  I feel like crying for the people and the times that have gone.  Iím going to try to put the song on but JJ may have to help me or you could look it up on YouTube as it is on there.  Itís called GOODBYE JIMMY, GOODBYE and itís by Ruby Murray who I think came from the Donegal Road.  Stand by JJ.  Here goes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLkSLEdsCM[/font]

I hope it works

Yes Freda it works.

Dawson

« Reply #13762 on: August 21, 2019, 09:16:18 AM »
We all loved the Lone Ranger. Range Rider and Wells Fargo as well.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13763 on: August 21, 2019, 10:10:29 AM »
Peter did you notice Freda gets breathless when she hears the song with jimmy in it. Coinsidence or what.lol.

DJ

« Reply #13764 on: August 21, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »
Well thatís my good deed done for the week. Peter you would remember Gerry Smiley from Connaught Street but who spent a lot of time when he was growing up in Selby Street. Well his long lost cousin had been searching for him and I managed to get them back in touch with each other. I love a happy ending.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13765 on: August 21, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »
Just read your post.  Thank you, Colin.  You're a genuinely nice man  x

Oh.  That'll be it.  I always swoon when I hear the name Jimmy.  Memories.  How they linger.  That kiss.  Walking hand in hand through the market.  Blowing kisses across the continents.  Meeting up in Sidney to hold hands some more.  Oh no.  I forgot.  That wasn't me. 

One good deed a week DJ?   Still.  Maybe you'll be busier coming up to CHRISTmas

Dawson.  1956?  Deny everything before 1980. 

JJ.  Who's the man in the mask and his Indian friend?

DJ

« Reply #13766 on: August 21, 2019, 03:16:53 PM »
Just read your post.  Thank you, Colin.  You're a genuinely nice man  x

Oh.  That'll be it.  I always swoon when I hear the name Jimmy.  Memories.  How they linger.  That kiss.  Walking hand in hand through the market.  Blowing kisses across the continents.  Meeting up in Sidney to hold hands some more.  Oh no.  I forgot.  That wasn't me. 

One good deed a week DJ?   Still.  Maybe you'll be busier coming up to CHRISTmas

Dawson.  1956?  Deny everything before 1980. 

JJ.  Who's the man in the mask and his Indian friend?

I try to do something good every day, I was just letting Peter know about someone I think he once knew.

Freda Astaire

« Reply #13767 on: August 21, 2019, 06:14:13 PM »
I wish I did as many as one good deed a week

Dawson

« Reply #13768 on: August 21, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
Well thatís my good deed done for the week. Peter you would remember Gerry Smiley from Connaught Street but who spent a lot of time when he was growing up in Selby Street. Well his long lost cousin had been searching for him and I managed to get them back in touch with each other. I love a happy ending.

Well done DJ.

Dawson

« Reply #13769 on: August 21, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
Peter did you notice Freda gets breathless when she hears the song with jimmy in it. Coinsidence or what.lol.

Jimmy, sheís just one of many. Youíre a legend