Author Topic: Belfast Dog Show Easter Tuesday 10th April  (Read 1756 times)

Christopher

Belfast Dog Show Easter Tuesday 10th April
« on: March 09, 2007, 11:19:30 PM »
2007 BELFAST DOG SHOW SOCIETY OPEN SHOW

Venue: Balmoral Showgrounds

Date: Easter Tuesday 10th April

Doors Open at 9.00am Judging begins at 10.00am

The Belfast Dog Show Society is one of the oldest societies of its kind in the UK and Ireland. Since the Society was founded in 1880 it has grown and continues to improve its service to exhibitors and members. The BDSS holds Northern Irelandís only general Championship Dog Show under the UK Kennel Club rules.

giannineo

Re: Belfast Dog Show Easter Tuesday 10th April
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:13:38 PM »
Aye Christopher, memories of travelling Stranraer to Larne on a nightrider Ferry. The ferry was delayed and we set sail about 02.30.I had my wife's elderly uncle and two infants with me and we were all knackered.On board were scores of dog owners and pooches en route to a Dog Show in Belfast.Not a flaming seat aboard as owners put their pooches in carriers on the seats and refused to give up a seat for the elderly uncle and a mother nursing a child.
    I sought out the purser and he brought us through to a reserved area of the ferry and found us a seat.He told us that they had this problem every year.GRRRRRRR.

denmagic

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:23:57 PM »
Belfast Dog Show: must bring my mother-in-law down to see if I win something.

lololol  ;D ;D ;D

(_8())
..It's a Kind of Magic!

giannineo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »
Face like a bull dog Den? ;D

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »
Aye Christopher, memories of travelling Stranraer to Larne on a nightrider Ferry. The ferry was delayed and we set sail about 02.30.I had my wife's elderly uncle and two infants with me and we were all knackered.On board were scores of dog owners and pooches en route to a Dog Show in Belfast.Not a flaming seat aboard as owners put their pooches in carriers on the seats and refused to give up a seat for the elderly uncle and a mother nursing a child.
    I sought out the purser and he brought us through to a reserved area of the ferry and found us a seat.He told us that they had this problem every year.GRRRRRRR.

What plonkers. People are more important than show dogs. Their owners should have more respect for their fellow passengers. A dog is a dog. It's a much better animal if treated as such. The Purser and his staff should have ensured such things did not happen. A pooch in a travelling cage certainly would not occupy a seat on an aircraft.

giannineo

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »
Christopher, all the Ferry operators had to do was ensure the dogs remained in vehicles on the car deck.I know of someone who is moving to live abroad.Their Labrador would not like  a cage in the hold of the aircraft and they are paying £11,000 for a private flight on a small jet to take the dog in the cabin.There will also be others on the flight.
               I take a flight to Belfast now rather than endure the Ferry and memories of many awful journeys from Scotland to Norn Iron.