Author Topic: Botanic Bungalows  (Read 10892 times)

vrob

Re: Botanic Bungalows
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
 ;)Hi Belfastboy how right you are tommy is my brother who to hell are you mate do i know you  would your name be Buckley

vrob

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »
  Hi belfastboy i know who you are now did you live next to billy Muckle i am sorry for getting you mixed up your father and my father new each very well

belfastboy

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »
Hello Vrob. I can not remember so much but you left 57 I was born 56. iIf it helps my dad was a very good piper! and my mum sad to say was always very ill. Also remember a Tommy James (tea time with Tommy) on utv he moved later to Bangor.And what about the old drinking well at the entrance to the park? sometimes there was water and sometimes not,but a lovely buliding :  I remember a Sammy Boyd think he was the oldest . Ann rings a bell with me to :)Good luck to all a Belfastboy  ::)

vrob

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »
 :drinks  Hi belfastboy your father was not a good pipper he was agreat pipper one of the best do you remember my sister kathleen  that is right tommy james lived just up above us his son was called terry  do you remember the stafords they livedjust above you it is realy nice to talk to you about the old times tommy served 22 years in the irish guards he lives in windsor take care vrob

belfastboy

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »
Hi Vrob. Sorry dont remember Staford,I met Tommy again in1974 in Pirbright glad to here he,s ok. Can you remember a young blind fella, he could play the mouth organ great, cant remember his name.It is really good to think back on those good old days. Was very sad to here my best wee mate had passed on was not expecting to here that. :( Knew the Nellins bunch Billy & Minne One girl four boys two of witch where twins. :drinks:Hello Catwoman I think there was a girl called Betty Boyd :-\ good evening all from a  Belfast boy ::)

vrob

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
 ;)Hi belfast boy glad to here you have been through Pirbright i was wondering where you new tommy from how long where you in boy so much is going through my head about the prefabs i think one of the nelines live in brougshane do you remember          the scots the barrys .belches .mcgills halls. boy there is so many  to think off] about the young blind boy i cant remember  talk to you later  vrob

belfastboy

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 06:24:33 AM »
Hi Vrob.Was not in to long but had a great time with the micks. My sister remembers Pam, Pat and Nancy Muckel and your right they lived beside us.Do you remember the paper man who came he lived up Sunnyside st I think. John Foster was his name and he saved my live when I fell in the lagan while playing with my wee mate Richard Barry. Mum dried up his paper money over the old gas stove. A really good man . And I have found out the young blind fellas first name was Rodrick. All for now God bless A Belfast boy O0

stickyra

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 08:15:29 PM »
;)Hi belfast boy glad to here you have been through Pirbright i was wondering where you new tommy from how long where you in boy so much is going through my head about the prefabs i think one of the nelines live in brougshane do you remember          the scots the barrys .belches .mcgills halls. boy there is so many  to think off] about the young blind boy i cant remember  talk to you later  vrob

Hey Vrob I lived in Sunnyside Bungalows. I used to play with Edward Belch. I think his da was a wrestler. Do you remember the Spences? Bendy, Roy, Hughie, Danny?
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

billy wilson

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 09:51:33 PM »
absolutly, i lived in 26 sunnyside oh they where the days of the rich and famous everyone trying to borrow washers for the gas meter to make tea
sur she were that bowlegged sha couldent stop a pig comen thru the entrie.

David (Joe) Martin

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »
Victor do you remember the time when we were at Botanic when thrre was a womans body pulled out of the Lagan just accross from the bungalows?  It was about 59-60.  We all ran down from school an out the side gates of the Gardens to see what the fuss was.

vespamum

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »
those bungalows had great big kitchens and living rooms , my ex mother in law , Sadie Mitchell  R I P . lived in Sunnyside Bungalows, compared to some of the rabbit hutches they build today

andy

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
HI,  STICKYRA AND BILLY WILSON,---- MY WIFE AND FAMILY AND I USED TO LIVE
                                                     NO,69 SUNNYSIDE BUNGALOWS,
                                                     ANDERSON IS OUR NAME, WE LIVED THERE
                                                    FROM 1958 TO 1969 AND THEN MOVED UP
                                                    TO ROSETTA 11 KNOCKEDEN CRESENT
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me

citybus

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
I've got a photo from a book about trams that has the botanic bungalows in the corner. You can't see much but it might be of interest to youse anyway.

You can download the pic here, the link will work for a week or 2:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9na2vk

And this is the book it comes from. Someone is selling it on Ebay at the moment if anyone's interested, but it can also be got in Antrim library if youre willing to request a loan.

Ellen Mcmullan. (Holmes)

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »
Hi there, I have just found this page. My name was Ellen Holmes I lived at 37 botanic Bungalows. I would love to hear from any old neighbours.  Lived there til 1968.  I remember. The boyds the kirks the jones the matchetts and lived beside the reids and nellies at stranmillis. If u lived there plz get in touch

stewie

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 06:07:58 PM »
Hi there, I have just found this page. My name was Ellen Holmes I lived at 37 botanic Bungalows. I would love to hear from any old neighbours.  Lived there til 1968.  I remember. The boyds the kirks the jones the matchetts and lived beside the reids and nellies at stranmillis. If u lived there plz get in touch
:)  hello Ellen would that be betty and Jimmy Jones ???