Author Topic: Old since belfast streets that dont exist anymore  (Read 127335 times)

flower2

Re: Old since belfast streets that dont exist anymore
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
Amazing I left belfast when I was 14 years I have fond memories of Belgrave street. I guess you never lived there yourself. I went to Blenheim junior school and then to hemsworth square school. I live in Canada now and have only been back home once since the development of the area. I am new to belfast form and trying to find my way around the site. I am not that great with computers,

chelib

Re: Old since belfast streets that dont exist anymore
« Reply #391 on: August 17, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »
Walton St, Ewart's Row, Everton St, Louisa St, Lebanon St,Druise St, Enniskillen St,Lindwood St, Hillview St, Byron St, Cromwell St, Fairfax St, Watterproof St, Cornwall St, Brittan st, Rosewood St,Buller St, Baden-Powell St,Benwell St,Yarrow St,  They were all between the lower Oldpark & Crumlin Roads, & sadly all demolished in the late 70s early 80s, :( I have many happy memories of those streets   :) :)
My parents had a shop at corner of baden-powel street on oldpark road.  late sixties early seventys.. looking for some photos around that area and time?  family from ewarts row, byron street, yarrow street.  its very sad to see the state of the area and how little has been done to regenerate and rebuild.  Browns, Clarkes, Larmour, mccaugheys.  my mum and dad was Violet and william james brown.