Author Topic: Say a wee bit about yourself. ...  (Read 26055 times)

scattybatt

Say a wee bit about yourself. ...
« on: March 11, 2007, 09:17:12 PM »
I noticed that we a getting quite a few new people to the forum, I'm interested in building up a picture in my mind as to what the people I am chatting to are like, age, interests, where they are posting from etc... you can add a pic if you have one... I will start off,

My name is paula, I am 31, I live in Bangor,Co.Down, I am married to Phil who is a first aid trainer and P/T Coastguard Deputy station Officer. I am a full time mum at present but am a trained Dental Nurse. I have interests in Art, History,Poetry, Biology,dance and Genealogy to name but a few. We have 3 children, Charlotte 7, Madeline(Maddie),4 and my blue eyed boy James Jude, 2.
Ok now you go.  

stig5882

Re: Say a wee bit about yourself. ...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:40:03 PM »
Hi there Paula my name is Loraine and i'm a young 46...lol
I was born and lived in east Belfast untill 4 yrs ago. I was married for 22 yrs before my divorce and i have 2 children (Daughter Angela 25 and Son Ian 22) I also have a granddaughter (Molly 15 months) and a grandson (David 3yrs). I lived in Comber for 2 years b4 moving to Kent where i'm now living with my partner and I'm a housekeeper for a very wealthy family and though i love it hear I often think of home and things i used to do and places i used to go....
I have cousins who live in Bangor (Marquis Gardens) anywhere near you?
I only joined this site today, I came across it while i was trying to find a recipie for Veda   dont suppose you got it eh????   ???
family names... Kelly, Connor

giannineo

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:42:49 PM »
Hi scatty, I'm Giannineo...total blether....but in real life I work as a Podiatrist.Live in Perthshire but hail from Ballynafeigh.Love my garden and animals.Wife Vivi is a Nurse and have twa bairns Patrick 27 going on 4 and Katie 25 going on 55.
      Love music, sport, Greece and all things Irish of course. There, and good to hear from you.I will be 57 on Friday coming at 11.55 p.m.
   Ach, Bangor /Donaghadee area ....lovely,cheers ,G.

scattybatt

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »
Hi there Paula my name is Loraine and i'm a young 46...lol
I was born and lived in east Belfast untill 4 yrs ago. I was married for 22 yrs before my divorce and i have 2 children (Daughter Angela 25 and Son Ian 22) I also have a granddaughter (Molly 15 months) and a grandson (David 3yrs). I lived in Comber for 2 years b4 moving to Kent where i'm now living with my partner and I'm a housekeeper for a very wealthy family and though i love it hear I often think of home and things i used to do and places i used to go....
I have cousins who live in Bangor (Marquis Gardens) anywhere near you?
I only joined this site today, I came across it while i was trying to find a recipie for Veda   dont suppose you got it eh????   ???
[/quote
Hi Loraine! Thanks for the reply ;) nice to hear from you!! Have heard of Marquis gardens but couldn't take you to it, I live just off the Newtownards rd in Bangor. Sorry don't know how to make Veda bread, I hate the stuff, my mother-in-law bakes alot I'll ask her if she knows and let you know ;)

giannineo

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:59:25 PM »
Loraine , I think there is a recipe for Veda somewhere on the Forum....can anyone help with it?

scattybatt

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 10:08:36 PM »
Hi scatty, I'm Giannineo...total blether....but in real life I work as a Podiatrist.Live in Perthshire but hail from Ballynafeigh.Love my garden and animals.Wife Vivi is a Nurse and have twa bairns Patrick 27 going on 4 and Katie 25 going on 55.
      Love music, sport, Greece and all things Irish of course. There, and good to hear from you.I will be 57 on Friday coming at 11.55 p.m.
   Ach, Bangor /Donaghadee area ....lovely,cheers ,G.
Hi Giannineo!! I know you are a blether!! but you do make me laugh!! I see you are a Podiatrist, thats interesting, I love hoking and poking at feet, when I left school I started off working in a Beauty Salon, I know it is embarrassing :-[ but my favourite part of the job was pedicures, I loved all the hard skin and ingrowing toenails!! maybe I have some sort of problem ;D
My mother-in law used to have a wee holiday home in Greece in a place called Mikonos(not sure of the spelling) she adores the place, I have never been myself. Hope you have a lovely birthday on friday ;)

Bogeyman

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
Hi Stig and Welcome.
We had a thread a while ago on Veda and I think I posted a link to a recipe. As you will see, the Veda recipe is a  closely guarded secret.
The thread start here  http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2207.0.html
If it was'nt for venetian blinds it would be curtains for everybody!

giannineo

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
Mykonos...braw Bogey.... my first Greek island ever in  1974.It is now very much a designer trendy place.Wee sugar cube houses, beautiful.
   We arrived on Paradise Beach on a wee caique and it took off and left us. Then we realised it was a nudist beach...we stayed for a week and the first few days were the hardest ;D

scattybatt

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 10:32:08 PM »
Mykonos has a very high gay population now or so my ma-in-law says and its just too expensive to go there now.

giannineo

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 10:35:04 PM »
Aye, Super Paradise beach is where the gays hang out,just over the hill from Paradise beach.Very expensive now as you say and glad I went there before it caught on.

Twocoats

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 10:40:57 PM »
Hi Stig. You beat me to the punch about yourself. See the recipe for wheaten bread as well. Coats is from Vancouver Canada formerly from the Cregagh Estate. Born in Glenarm. Coats

Twocoats

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »
Bogey. Going to try the Veda recipe. Thanks. Still got 4 pasties in the freezer that I brought back from Belfast last August. Coats

AL CAPONE

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 10:54:46 AM »
i'm beautiful. :D

regal

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 11:09:19 AM »
So am I! ;D Why should I tell anyone about me?  You don't believe me about the red hen!

Bull-ant

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 11:11:40 AM »
 ;D