Author Topic: Say a wee bit about yourself. ...  (Read 25766 times)

Belle Fast

Re: Say a wee bit about yourself. ...
« Reply #390 on: December 04, 2007, 05:22:33 AM »
Hi there,
My name is Glynis Halliday, nee Porter, and I was born in Belfast, in 1955. Went to Harding Memorial Primary School. Came to OZ in 1963 with parents and brother. Both Mum (Rita) & Dad (Tom) now gone to a better place. Have lots of rellies in Belfast, on both sides of my family. Don't have any here - just my brother and my own hubby & kids.

Visited Belfast in 1976, 1999 and again last year with hubby, Rob. Great to meet up with all the family and to show Rob where I was born etc. Love to spend more time there, to do some research. Hope to get back again in the next year or two.

Rob & I have 3 kids and one grandson.

We live in a rammed earth house (the house that Rob built!) on a 5 acre block, surrounded by state forest. We are just outside of Collie, which is a small town south west of the capital city of Perth, in Western Australia.

I have enjoyed reading all the funny stuff on this forum and have seen lots of people being helped with their research, which I find fantastic! Good on you all - keep up the good work!

Not too sure about how to put a photo under my name. Perhaps someone could help me? Not that anyone would want to see a photo of an old gal like me anyway!!!

See ya next time  :)
Hi Glynis
welcome to the forum,it's a small world, I'm in Bunbury came out here in 1998 hubby is a Bunbury man. My hairdresser is in Collie, I'm heading up there tomorrow to beutify myself for Christmas :)

Mr soak. (dairy prods)

« Reply #391 on: December 04, 2007, 09:09:50 AM »
hi Glyins,  re puttin a pic on your profile, click on your name to take you into profile, click on profile info in the box on the left, there be a wee bit to check for your choice of pic, click 'browse' and select the pic you want to add, then click save. oh aye, and remember any pic has to be 50kbs or less.  ;D
                                                                                                       soaks

Glynis Porter

« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2007, 09:26:37 AM »
Thanks Soaks,
I will try and put a pic on my profile sometime!

Cheers, Glynis

EllCee

« Reply #393 on: December 04, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »
"My hairdresser is in Collie, I'm heading up there tomorrow to beutify myself for Christmas"

Gonna be a long job, is it? 

(ducks and scurries away)    ;) :D
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Belle Fast

« Reply #394 on: December 04, 2007, 10:47:04 AM »
"My hairdresser is in Collie, I'm heading up there tomorrow to beutify myself for Christmas"

Gonna be a long job, is it? 

(ducks and scurries away)    ;) :D
come back and face the music Les !!!!  :D