Author Topic: Say a wee bit about yourself. ...  (Read 26363 times)

ardieB

Re: Say a wee bit about yourself. ...
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
I think the Forum has well over 800 "Members" but most of the posts are from 30 or 40 people.Maybe people join up but dont see anything of interest so they dip out without deleting their account. Or maybe the member counter doesnt update when a profile is deleted. ???
It is an excellent local forum and the more members who join the more widespread the word will be.
ardie

Mooncoin

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »
I think the forum is something quite unique Christopher, theres nothing else quite like it for Belfast or NI for that matter, in relative terms its still in its infancy but I think people are slowly becoming aware of it.   The participating forum members are ultimately responsible for the way the forum is presented and at the minute I'd say we're doing a pretty good job and  we have members from all corners of the globe.  Some people don't like to post but just look at the new members there have been recently.  The only way is up.

Christopher

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 01:25:49 PM »
Thanks ArdieB and Mooncoin. I was just saying that ... the Forum is brilliant.  ArdieB might be right about some opting out but even many of those who joined this year have a 0 next to their name. If members have forgotten their password I'm sure Chris can solve that one ... I don't think it takes very long if they let Chris know.

ardieB

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »
And as has been mentioned before....some other forums (or fora) require a member to post once a month say or else their membership elapses and their account is deleted.
One for Chris to help us with here?
ardie

ardieB

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
Just noticed something there. If you click on the number 832 it brings up a list of all the people who have joined and when.
Chris could delete those who have not posted within the past 6 months and this would give us a better record of "live" members. ???
Must go get some lunch.
Time flies in Forumland 8)
ardie

ardieB

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »
sorry,should have said 837,not 832. Smudge on my glasses.

Mooncoin

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
I thought  I would just mention as well, people are more likely to post if something catches their attention.  The thing that drew me to the board was pentio's cracking Caption Comp.  I loved the humour on the forum and thats what encouraged me to post.  Whats everyone else get out of the forum?

Bull-ant

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »
What I get out of BF is the freedom to express and at times display my interests knowing I am amongst friends that wont take the [censored] and make crazy assertions or call the RSPCA.  (A lot of members know what I am referring to, the others don't need to know)   ??? ;) ;D 8)

scattybatt

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 11:43:21 AM »
 just moving it up ;)

TheShakyShamrock

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »
I've been here for a wee while now and I still find it hard to work out who is living in NI and who is living elsewhere. 

It would be really helpful if people filled in their gender and location on their profile so we could all get to know each other that wee bit better. 
No man is an island...unless his name is Madagascar

Bull-ant

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
Hi Shaky,

I've always found that a bit of a nuiscance too, I agree it would be helpful to know location and gender.   ;) 

Merv

Bull-ant

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
just moving it up ;)

Hey Paula
Can you please pass this on and say there is a PM on the way soon

http://www.coastguard.com.au/location/victoria.html

Cheers

Merv

Mooncoin

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2007, 06:21:28 PM »
I've been here for a wee while now and I still find it hard to work out who is living in NI and who is living elsewhere. 

It would be really helpful if people filled in their gender and location on their profile so we could all get to know each other that wee bit better. 

Duly filled in now, ma'am. ;D

sammy toaster

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2007, 08:07:38 PM »

[email protected]

MAgeeka

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2007, 09:00:27 PM »
You ask Why Sammy?

The answer is simple !!!

That was a polite, positive  and contructive suggestion  One which  applaud.