Author Topic: KINCORA  (Read 23312 times)

the buckcat

KINCORA
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:19:48 AM »
Can anyone tell me what exactly was the outcome of the Kincora Enquiry??????

eros

Re: KINCORA
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:36:15 AM »
Lest we Forget

the buckcat

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:21:20 AM »
Thanks Eros....makes you think??????????

teragram

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 12:28:54 AM »
Are there still people running about, maybe involved in politics, who were involved with Kincora?  Are we gonna have to wait til they die before they are outed?
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

sj

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:16:38 AM »
Are there still people running about, maybe involved in politics, who were involved with Kincora?  Are we gonna have to wait til they die before they are outed?

Tera...not unless you are rich enough or brave enough to do it yourself. ?  There is a lot of rumour and at the time I thought that there was a fair bit of proof but it might be a case of member of an organisation all joining together to protect members. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

twocoats

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 05:09:35 AM »
Ian Paisley knew a lot about it.  :o
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

twocoats

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 05:13:08 AM »
The Kincora Boys' Home was a home for working boys in Belfast that was the scene of a notorious child sex abuse scandal.

The scandal first came to public attention in January 1980 after a news report in the Irish Independent. On 3 April 1980 three members of staff at the home, William McGrath, Raymond Semple and Joseph Mains, were charged with a number of offences relating to the systematic abuse of children in their care over a number of years. All three were later convicted and jailed. Mains the former warden received a term of six years, Semple a former assistant warden, five years and McGrath four years.

Allegations later emerged that the Royal Ulster Constabulary had been informed of the abuse at the home for years previously, but had not moved to prevent it because the manager of the home, William McGrath, was also the leader of an obscure loyalist paramilitary group, called Tara. In his 1999 book The Dirty War, Martin Dillon claims that McGrath may have been employed by MI5 since the 1960s, having possessed an in depth knowledge of loyalism in Northern Ireland.[1] The tabloid press then linked the home with a whole series of establishment figures without any evidence being provided.

Dr Ian Paisley, leader of the DUP and moderator of the Free Presbyterian Church, was accused of failing to report the fact of McGrath's homosexuality to the relevant authorities although he denied ever being advised by his informant, a church member, Miss Valerie Shaw, that McGrath worked in a boys' home. McGrath was himself married with children

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincora_Boys'_Home
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

sj

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 11:39:23 AM »
I would say that the above is a fairly accurate account of what was known at the time :) ;) :-\

teragram

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 12:02:39 PM »
Ian Paisley knew a lot about it.  :o

Ian Paisley scared the crap out of a lot of people at the start of the troubles with his loud mouthed ranting and raving. Blood flowing down the  streets, and that stuff, but he has mellowed over the years, maybe because he knows he'll be meeting his maker before long, but there was one particular thing that impressed me very much about him. One of his male D U P members was involved with another male in a hotel room playing hide and seek. The member denied anything happened. He told Paisley, "Even my family have forgiven me".    "Forgiven you for what?" replied  Big Ian. 
Big Ian was taking no sshitt.      Do you really think he knew about Kincora?

madness

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »
Big Ian knew about it alright like quite a lot of high ranking people in the province but stood back and said nothing just like the catolic church today

http://www.u.tv/News/Priests-wont-escape-justice-Minister/e2f0caca-97ac-4304-9cc6-cb3844346a40

RabRow

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 07:57:50 PM »
There was a saying going about 'Jock knew'. I didn't know what it was referring to for a while,then found out it was referring to Jock Stein and the going ons at Celtic.

One thing, theres a helluva lot of stuff now being exposed everywhere on all sides,which not so long ago would have been covered up. I know there is a lot wrong with todays society,but at least on that score,its a better place. Witness Dublin today.

teragram

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »
Big Ian knew about it alright like quite a lot of high ranking people in the province but stood back and said nothing just like the catolic church today

http://www.u.tv/News/Priests-wont-escape-justice-Minister/e2f0caca-97ac-4304-9cc6-cb3844346a40

Slap it up them.  I hope the authorities don't hold back here. Go out and get the abusers, name them, and do your best to make them suffer.  We don't have to worry about the ones who have since died. They are probably in hell now.  Isn't that what we were brought up to believe? If you do things like that you go straight to hell.

sj

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
Slap it up them.  I hope the authorities don't hold back here. Go out and get the abusers, name them, and do your best to make them suffer.  We don't have to worry about the ones who have since died. They are probably in hell now.  Isn't that what we were brought up to believe? If you do things like that you go straight to hell.

Teragram. .I find that type of thing not only hard to understand but abhorrent.    But we were also taught not to judge others and to forgive.  We would hope for forgiveness.  It doesn't make the situation any better for the victim . ;) :)

teragram

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »
I wouldn't forgive them no matter what I was taught. If everyone forgave them that would leave the door open for them to do the same again.  In my opinion they aren't just sex offenders, they're paedo's.  You can't cure paedo's.

Judging by the few pms I've received, they were also vicious Bs as well, and took great pleasure in torturing children.   Forgive them???   Hang them.

Erincyprus

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 12:43:54 AM »
Totally Agree Hang them all.

Erin
God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World