Author Topic: castlereagh est  (Read 63715 times)

oldboy

castlereagh est
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »
lived in tullyard, way one of the grahams i remember.  smyth"s  /magill"s / tommy dickson / greerson"s/ gray"s/mc veigh"s /simpson"s /daivd henry . hope some of u get in touch  :) ;) very  >:( if u don"t

oldboy

Re: castlereagh est
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
 sorry live in est from 1957/ 1967

GandT

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »
Hi oldboy. Just spotted this and, although I never lived in Tullyard Way, knew a few people up there during the 1960s. So depends how much of an 'oldboy' you are as to whether or not you would recall any of them. The reason was that I went out with a girl from there for a long time and was also very friendly with her brother. Some of the names that I seem to remember were - Ellis, Stewart, Maginniss etc. Know that we played some guitar and banjo tunes in one of the gardens and attracted some of the local kids who probably laughed at us! Never made it to Las Vegas though!

solace

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »
Hi Bobby, I remember you, and most of the others you mentioned, also Carson Tweedie from your thread about 'lines bros' I lived next door to him....remember also your brother Jimmy and sister Ann. .I can remember playing guitar with you a few times along with Billy Ellis, I bet thats got you scratching your head!!

oldboy

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
hi gandT. there was an ellis lived 4 doors below me ,next to them was maginns eldest girl  mary lovely girl did not hang around est went with a boy  short strand, i think, then next door, carson TWEEDY lives dundonald now. stewarts they lived carncaver road,isobel &anne ,clonduff dr (hackett"s. ) by the way i worked in lines bro"s ( oldboy)

belfastchild

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 03:00:50 PM »
grays fullertons martins meighans christians harveys all lived in clonduff est anyone remeber these names ?

oldboy

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »
solace .you have me thinking thats not to good at my age  :) :o

oldboy

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
belfastchild. know them all , meighans i think they lived faceing (ta) tommy dickson carney cre

Addison

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 03:11:22 PM »
Hi Oldboy, I lived in Carney Crescent, I also knew Tommy Dickson, Tommy lived in Holywood at one time, we went to the same school there.

addison.
Old age is always 15 years older than I am.

belfastchild

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »
thats right carney crescent number 26  meighans lived in the rest  lived in tullyard way i think !

madness

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
lived in tullyard, way one of the grahams i remember.  smyth"s  /magill"s / tommy dickson / greerson"s/ gray"s/mc veigh"s /simpson"s /daivd henry . hope some of u get in touch  :) ;) very  >:( if u don"t

anything to Michael Graham who is now married to Carol? He now lives up in the Been estate

There was also : The Cash's, The Reids, The Flynns and The Roys all from Clonduff Drive

GandT

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 10:32:09 PM »
hi gandT. there was an ellis lived 4 doors below me

Hi oldboy - it appears you must be of a certain vintage since you remember some of the few names I recall. What I remember most vividly and most fondly are times up there (before the lunatics took over the asylum right across the city) that were composed of pleasant spring and summer evenings and a wee bit of music. Strangely, I have a memory of playing pop songs, some Irish folk songs and probably some Orange tunes to keep the thing ecumenical! All before the balloon went up! Some good times and some very friendly people.

soda farl

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
lived in downshire went to lisnasharragh , names from castlereagh i remember alan kendal brian langford , walter scott. alan maccullogh ? and name ring a bell . ???

GandT

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »
I can remember playing guitar with you a few times along with Billy Ellis, I bet thats got you scratching your head!!

It may or may not have oldboy scratching his head but my memory starts to kick in. I will not hazard any guesses in this post but leave oldboy to consider the question more fully!

maureenr25

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
thats right carney crescent number 26  meighans lived in the rest  lived in tullyard way i think !

Hi guys, My cousins lived at 22 Carney cres.  Early 50's is my guess, I don't know when they moved out to Scotland, their names were Boal.  I lived on Clonduff Dr.  72.  I moved from there in 1953 at age 4 immigrated to Canada then.  Too bad I don't remember much, my mother and father were from the Lisburn Rd. and when i go back I'm always in that area.  Know it quite well as I've been over lots.
Maureen