Author Topic: castlereagh est  (Read 63694 times)

oldboy

Re: castlereagh est
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
gandt, my brain cells are disppearing fast with all this head scrating  I GIVE UP  ;)

oldboy

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
belfastchild ,knew your bro george very well we were very good friends was sad to hear he had died.  can"t picture your face but it been a long time( bobby)

GandT

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »
gandt, my brain cells are disppearing fast with all this head scrating  I GIVE UP   

It's not for me to say but I think that our friend 'solace' is a member of one of those families  I mentioned earlier - Ellis, Maginniss, Stewart etc. There weren't THAT many who were brave (or was it foolhardy enough) to expose themselves to ridicule by playing guitar out there. I remember Billy Ellis and I don't think it's him, I don't think the young guy Stewart (was it Junior?) played guitar but one of the Maginnisses definitely did

olelad

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
grays fullertons martins meighans christians harveys all lived in clonduff est anyone remeber these names ?

was in the same class as gerry christian. also in that estate was rehills, mcguinness, mcloughlins, marks.

kraftcheese

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 08:19:43 AM »
lived in tullyard, way one of the grahams i remember.  smyth"s  /magill"s / tommy dickson / greerson"s/ gray"s/mc veigh"s /simpson"s /daivd henry . hope some of u get in touch  :smile: ;) very  :angry2: if u don"t

Lived (1955 - 1965) near the Griersons, knew Tommy Dickson (& the family) well, the Campbells (all of them), the Boals (Ann) who had a Scottish connection, the Dohertys (Irene), the Grays, the McVeighs (Bridget, Billy & Ernie), the Craigs (Jim & Roy), McLaughlins (especially Eileen, a good friend), the Simpsons (Helen & Benny), Amanda Davidson, Alfie Caughey (? spelling) who used to sit on the corner & sing Elvis songs, John Good, Cowdens (Edith), McKays (family), Ramsays (Valerie), Paisleys (Irene & Margaret), Littles (Doreen & Sally), Rileys/Reillys, Millars (Frances), Mulhollands (Lorna and John, Carncaver Rd), the Wallaces (the only ones with a phone in those days and who used to perform a great community service, taking & passing on messages if someone was in hospital - thank you!). The name Billy Ellis definitely rings a bell too.  Those were the days, my friends!  Hello everybody!! :smile: :smile:
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

solace

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »
Hi Kraftcheese, I think I should know you, lived on the estate from '52 until '72
I knew most of the people you mentioned.....Also, Davy Wilson,Tom Young, Jim Langford, John Walker, Charlie McVeigh, Victor Campbell, Jimmy Tweedie...I have fond memories of them all.

maureenr25

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

Lived (1955 - 1965) near the Griersons, knew Tommy Dickson (& the family) well, the Campbells (all of them), the Boals (Ann) who had a Scottish connection, the Dohertys (Irene), the Grays, the McVeighs (Bridget, Billy & Ernie), the Craigs (Jim & Roy), McLaughlins (especially Eileen, a good friend), the Simpsons (Helen & Benny), Amanda Davidson, Alfie Caughey (? spelling) who used to sit on the corner & sing Elvis songs, John Good, Cowdens (Edith), McKays (family), Ramsays (Valerie), Paisleys (Irene & Margaret), Littles (Doreen & Sally), Rileys/Reillys, Millars (Frances), Mulhollands (Lorna and John, Carncaver Rd), the Wallaces (the only ones with a phone in those days and who used to perform a great community service, taking & passing on messages if someone was in hospital - thank you!). The name Billy Ellis definitely rings a bell too.  Those were the days, my friends!  Hello everybody!! :smile: :smile:

Hi Kraftcheese,
My cousin is Ann Boal.  She lives in Glasgow now, her mother lives in Girvan. My uncle David (her Dad) died about 10 yrs. now. I remember the Cambells, they lived across the street from Ann.  when my Mum and I were on holiday in the early 90's we had a nice visit with the Campbells.  We lived in 72 Clonduff dr.  I was only 4 when we left but I do remember our neighbour's child having to go to Switzerland because of TB.  Also I remember Coronation day, the streets all full of tables and us eating and celebrating outside.  You're right they were the days. If you want to PM me with your real name I can tell Ann.

olelad

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »
anyone know whatever became of the rehills ? seem to have vanished of the face of the earth !

Giannineo

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
anyonw remember the Hallidays?

oldboy

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »
i see another thread on castlereagh est, put on by accident. maybe some hero member can delete it ,no offence solace as it will only confuse some people. and you know me im  always confused.

oldboy

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 07:58:15 PM »
kraftcheese can"t remember you , alfie caughy (ma caughy) lived faceing me a joe dobbins lived faceing wallaces, we had a telephone could have used ours no problem . solace are u one of the magginniss and did u not all go to England to live.   there was the stamps, carncaver rd. oh my bro still live"s in the est .

oldboy

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »
567.jpg tullyard way image by bob-r-grahamback garden, tullyard way. top left sis susan ruth baby anne and me   below bro billy &sis pearl

kraftcheese

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 02:56:21 AM »
Hi Kraftcheese, I think I should know you, lived on the estate from '52 until '72
I knew most of the people you mentioned.....Also, Davy Wilson,Tom Young, Jim Langford, John Walker, Charlie McVeigh, Victor Campbell, Jimmy Tweedie...I have fond memories of them all.

I think I should know you too Solace.  I remember Jim Langford, Jim Tweedie, wee Victor, and Charlie McVeigh (I made a mistake and said Ernie).  I'll PM you and give you my real name.

olelad

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »
could be wrong here but i think the mcloughlins lived in tullyard way.

kraftcheese

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »
could be wrong here but i think the mcloughlins lived in tullyard way.

Hi olelad,  We might well be talking about two different families.  The McLaughlins (different spelling) I knew lived next door to me for a few years and then moved away.  I was good friends with Eileen. There could well have been another McLoughlin family in Tullyard.