Author Topic: castlereagh est  (Read 63693 times)

kraftcheese

Re: castlereagh est
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »

Hi Kraftcheese,
My cousin is Ann Boal.  She lives in Glasgow now, her mother lives in Girvan. I remember the Cambells, they lived across the street from Ann.  when my Mum and I were on holiday in the early 90's we had a nice visit with the Campbells. 

Maureenr25
P.S. to my PM - I think Elizabeth Campbell lives in Calgary. :smile:
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

solace

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
i see another thread on castlereagh est, put on by accident. maybe some hero member can delete it ,no offence solace as it will only confuse some people. and you know me im  always confused.
Sorry Bobby, that was put on by mistake....I will try and arrange for it to be removed....

solace

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »
kraftcheese can"t remember you , alfie caughy (ma caughy) lived faceing me a joe dobbins lived faceing wallaces, we had a telephone could have used ours no problem . solace are u one of the magginniss and did u not all go to England to live.   there was the stamps, carncaver rd. oh my bro still live"s in the est .
   sent you a P.M. not sure if it reached you....Solace

oldboy

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »
most of u seem to be about, 2/3 years younger than me and know jim tweedy, :smile: but do u remember the,  (BUBBLE CAR ) own by is bro carson 1964/65 remember 4 or5 of us getting in to it  HO!   if the cops had seem us going down the castlereagh RD  (JAIL) IN  THEM DAYS  :smile: ;)

olelad

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »

Hi olelad,  We might well be talking about two different families.  The McLaughlins (different spelling) I knew lived next door to me for a few years and then moved away.  I was good friends with Eileen. There could well have been another McLoughlin family in Tullyard.

you know i think ive got it wrong. i think it was the rehills who lived in tullyard way not the mcloughlins. there was a tony mcloughlin RIP who was at school with me. lived somewhere in clonduff estate.

oldboy

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
hello kraftcheese, if you lived next door to the ramsays, then i knew your sis margaret kiss a few times. innocent days hope she happy and keeping well( oldboy)

GandT

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
Hi solace. Since you are sending a PM or two, I will send you one. It's amazing how things conspire and converge under a particular thread. Your posts and other posts bring several situations and memories together.

solace

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 11:15:43 PM »

you know i think ive got it wrong. i think it was the rehills who lived in tullyard way not the mcloughlins. there was a tony mcloughlin RIP who was at school with me. lived somewhere in clonduff estate.
Hi Olelad, the Rehills lived in Carney Close.....I think Tony lived in Clonduff Drive....

solace

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
Hi solace. Since you are sending a PM or two, I will send you one. It's amazing how things conspire and converge under a particular thread. Your posts and other posts bring several situations and memories together.
Hi GandT...you are absolutely right, lots of great memories, songs and stories!....everytime I come on to the forum, a person or memory will spring to mind....just remembered a fella who lived in Tullyard way called Davy Henry...do you remember him?

GandT

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
just remembered a fella who lived in Tullyard way called Davy Henry...do you remember him?
Hi solace. Can't say that I remember him but the name sounds vaguely familiar - was he one of the few young people with a car at the time? There was also another guy who rode a motor cycle - Roy or Ray something or other. They were mobile - probably got all the girls. Certainly, most of the 'musicians' didn't!

olelad

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 09:20:11 AM »
Hi Olelad, the Rehills lived in Carney Close.....I think Tony lived in Clonduff Drive....

cheers m8. any idea were the rehills moved to from clonduff ? 

kraftcheese

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 10:11:50 AM »
Hi Solace,  No such street in the estate as Carney Close - there was Carney Crescent, and Camlough Close, but not Carney Close.  I've never heard of a family called Rehill, but that doesn't mean anything except that I didn't know them.  Nice to hear from my childhood "neighbours".  :smile:

olelad

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »
Hi Solace,  No such street in the estate as Carney Close - there was Carney Crescent, and Camlough Close, but not Carney Close.  I've never heard of a family called Rehill, but that doesn't mean anything except that I didn't know them.  Nice to hear from my childhood "neighbours".  :smile:

francie rehill was in the same class as me at st anthonys and went then to st augustines. i didnt know any of the rest of the family. at our reunion no one ever heard whatever became of them. seemed like they just vanished ?! bit of a mystery :unsure:

kraftcheese

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »
Just remembered a street that sounded similar to Carney & Camlough -
"Killarn Close" - Could that be it?  It was just off Clonduff Drive, nearest to the Castlereagh bus terminal. ;)   I hope you all appreciate the fact that I was in bed reading and ready to nod off when this thought came to me and I took the trouble to get out of my warm bed and switch my computer on again to tell you this important piece of news. ;) :D

solace

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »
Hi Solace,  No such street in the estate as Carney Close - there was Carney Crescent, and Camlough Close, but not Carney Close.  I've never heard of a family called Rehill, but that doesn't mean anything except that I didn't know them.  Nice to hear from my childhood "neighbours".  :smile: You are quite right Kraftcheese, it was indeed Carney Cresent....got it confused with Camlough, been away too long!! street names sometimes get lost/confused with the passage of time, but not the friends/neighbours I once knew...