Author Topic: Saint Matthews Primary School and Thompson Street Short Strand  (Read 7264 times)

REP1

Re: Saint Matthews Primary School and Thompson Street Short Strand
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »
GrandT. There was another teacher there Mr Bradley. He was bald wore glasses and had a mustache, He had a brother who looked identical to him, maybe a twin. He was also a teacher at another school and sometimes came to visit him in class, it was so hard to tell which was which.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

road hog

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
Frank Mc Keever is dead Gerard, died very young, was a stalewort in ulster handball circles
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

Gerard Mcg

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
Thanks,Road Hog.He loved the handball and teaching.I was lucky to have him 2 years on the trot(P5 + P6).Sad to hear of his death.

Caz2607

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 11:44:31 PM »
Shiv602 the photo u r talking abt is hanging in the school now. Ill try to take pic of it

Gerard mcg mr mckeever died of brain tumour around 1991/92. He was my primary 5 teacher at the time. He died very quickly after goin off sick

brianmckeever

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 08:25:12 AM »
Shiv602 the photo u r talking abt is hanging in the school now. Ill try to take pic of it

Gerard mcg mr mckeever died of brain tumour around 1991/92. He was my primary 5 teacher at the time. He died very quickly after goin off sick

Its lovely to read that memories of my brother Frank are still alive.  He was best man at our wedding and he made a good job of it.

Caz2607

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »

Hi brian... mr mckeever was 1 of the best teachers i had. He also taught my daddy in st matthews boys school. I had just been speakin abt him the other nite to my own son

Its lovely to read that memories of my brother Frank are still alive.  He was best man at our wedding and he made a good job of it.