Author Topic: Woodstock Street  (Read 49976 times)

Ainerua

Re: Woodstock Street
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »
I don't know where Gerard is and I know Margaret (Meg as we called her) passed away a while ago.  Her son, Patrick Linden is on Friends of Short Strand on FB if you want to take a look.  Where in England are you?  My sister Marie lives in Coventry!

spacetinker

« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
Hello Anne - Lost contact with Sammy Price in the late 1960's/ early 1970's when I moved to England. I remember Eugene, Gerard and Margaret Turley from Thompson Street.
Nice to speak to you.

Hi again Citybloke. ..

Picture of wee Sammy and Brian Murray outside Brian's Dad's shop.
I was his brother Sean's chum...walked to Lagan Village together in the mornings. Used to turn up early at his house because his Mum cooked chips for breakfast and I thought that was fantastic!    Sean sadly gone now.

citybloke

« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2017, 03:02:29 PM »
Thanks for this picture. Yes I remember Sean who was a few years older than Sammy and myself. Also went to Lagan Village with Sammy before we transferred to Oxford Street.
So sorry to hear about Sean.
Haven't heard about Sammy for many years now. We spent many a night leaning on the corner of John Murray's shop!

Ainerua

« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
Thanks for the photo, how cute were they???

Don't know if you remember the Smiths from Independent Street.....Brian would have around the same age as myself and Sammy....his older brother Davy passed away this past week, RIP.  Davy spent quite a bit of time with us when Jimmy passed away in March '16, such a good man!

spacetinker

« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »
Thanks for the photo, how cute were they???

Don't know if you remember the Smiths from Independent Street.....Brian would have around the same age as myself and Sammy....his older brother Davy passed away this past week, RIP.  Davy spent quite a bit of time with us when Jimmy passed away in March '16, such a good man!

Anne.....sorry to hear about Brian's brother Davy. You must know that Brian (Smiker) is now living in Canada.
Would love to have news of another old "Woodstock St. chum"....Jim (Grimshaw)..I know he moved to Aus.

Cheers.  .Tink         

citybloke

« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »
I remember Brian Smith from Independent Street also Jim Grimshaw from Woodstock Steet very well.
It seems that many from that area have settled all over the world. I suppose it was typical of the time  - moving away to start a new life.

Ainerua

« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
Not sure about Jim Grimshaw but my sister Rose, (NJ) keeps in touch with Joe, his cousin (lived on Woodstock with the Granny and Jim).  Joe came to Jimmy's funeral and we were able to reconnect with him.  He married a girl from the Short Strand , don't quote me here, but I think her name is McGreevy from Anderson Street???  Any idea where in Canada that Brian Smith lives.?  Last I heard he was in London???   I have a few friends around the Toronto area, met them here through the Irish traditional music and dancing scene and we all get together during the winter months in Florida.

Merry Christmas. .

spacetinker

« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »
Not sure about Jim Grimshaw but my sister Rose, (NJ) keeps in touch with Joe, his cousin (lived on Woodstock with the Granny and Jim).  Joe came to Jimmy's funeral and we were able to reconnect with him.  He married a girl from the Short Strand , don't quote me here, but I think her name is McGreevy from Anderson Street???  Any idea where in Canada that Brian Smith lives.?  Last I heard he was in London???   I have a few friends around the Toronto area, met them here through the Irish traditional music and dancing scene and we all get together during the winter months in Florida.

Merry Christmas. .

Brian does live in Toronto....I have sent you a personal with his email address
Yeap Citybloke.....we is everywhere!!!

But. .where have all the years gone?     

cheers'm'dears. ....Tink

citybloke

« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »

Brian does live in Toronto....I have sent you a personal with his email address
Yeap Citybloke.....we is everywhere!!!

But. .where have all the years gone?     

Yes Tink  - we are on missionary work across the four corners of

the world!

cheers'm'dears. ....Tink

REP1

« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
Hi

Looking for any photos of Woodstock street - my father (Eddie Eccles) had a  shop at the corner of Woodstock Street and Thompson Street until about 1972.

Would love to turn something up!

This your old House Ken before it was plulled Down
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

citybloke

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2019, 05:13:16 AM »
Remember those buildings very well. Sad to see their demise but that's progress.
Hope all is well with you Rep.

REP1

« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »
Still getting away with it Thanks :)
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

Shas

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2019, 10:40:27 AM »
Great photos...thank you! Grand parents lived on this street.