Author Topic: Bann Street  (Read 16470 times)

gary crozier

Re: Bann Street
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »
well done hendy
ill keep going and see were i end up
    gary
crozier mclean mcveigh mcdowell jamison boyd archer caldwell allan quiery

Hendy

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »
well done hendy
ill keep going and see were i end up
    gary
I ended up in Gawsworth Macclesfield :scratch_ones_head:

gary crozier

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 07:40:37 AM »
lived in
croydon   
st albans
and lots of other places
now live in northampton

how did you get back so far
                   gary

dimples45

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
my granmoters family lived in bann street they were called mcveigh
do you remember them
roseann and susan
hi gary knew all your family in bann st also your grannies brother harry lived in 44 foyle st 1 lived in 63  his daughter maud was my chum iknow susan david elizabeth n thomas n their cousin maureen are you one of their sons good luck on your family tree   

gary crozier

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
yes im susans son

dimples45

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 08:07:45 PM »
yes im susans son
tell your mum eleanor faulkner was asking for her ive seen your aunt elizabeths about a year ago was asking about your mum hope the search for your family tree progresses  good luck

Ulster Canadian

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »
This must be a rare picture as I've never seen any other pictures from bann street.

Belfast Newsletter July 1926

Hendy

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 10:51:19 AM »
lived in
croydon   
st albans
and lots of other places
now live in northampton

how did you get back so far
                   gary
Hi Gary, I don't live in Gawsworth, that's where I traced the furthest family link to 1540.
I contacted a woman on a Genealogy site to give her some information, turned out she had all the info anyway but she was the one who had done all the tracing back to 1540.
She is a distant relative I never knew of and she also supplied me with old photos of my G/G/Great Grandfather.
A really lucky link up.

Hendy

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:53 AM »
Here's one of Stephen Burrows my G/G/Great Grandfather born c1800, he lived at Ballyskeigh near Lambeg.
The last one I posted were my G/Great Grandparents James and Elizabeth (Nee Burrows) Henderson of Lambeg.

Shazza

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 02:22:37 PM »
This a great thread.  Loved the photo of Bann Street.  Thanks for that Ulster Canadian.

Hendy, amazing to have photos of your great great Grandparents.  Stephen Burrows looks a cool dude.  Interesting to see the looks on the faces in the other photo.  I would imagine quite a rarity to have your photo taken in those days.  Their faces appear quite stern looking at the camera, but the father is more relaxed with his leg crossed and has his arm lovingly placed around the son.  Really lovely to see these photos.

jimbo1

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 09:26:17 PM »
Ulster Canadian
That photo of Bann Street has just made my day! A bit before my time, but brought back many memories.
Thanks! :smile:

Ulster Canadian

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:22 AM »
Ulster Canadian
That photo of Bann Street has just made my day! A bit before my time, but brought back many memories.
Thanks! :smile:

no problems jimbo, glad to help out, 1926 was along time ago.  :D

Hendy

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »
This a great thread.  Loved the photo of Bann Street.  Thanks for that Ulster Canadian.

Hendy, amazing to have photos of your great great Grandparents.  Stephen Burrows looks a cool dude.  Interesting to see the looks on the faces in the other photo.  I would imagine quite a rarity to have your photo taken in those days.  Their faces appear quite stern looking at the camera, but the father is more relaxed with his leg crossed and has his arm lovingly placed around the son.  Really lovely to see these photos.
That's his Grandson John Henderson.

jimbo1

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »
I remember playing football at the bottom of Bann Street in the mid to late 60s. There was a bakery above andersons TV shop and sometimes the big side doors upstairs would open a man in white overalls would throw us out a few buns. (mostly snowballs)
Around the cornor on the main Oldpark Rd. the shops I remember were Orrs Grocers, the post office, a chippy (was it called the Victory?), John McCanns butchers, Ewings fish shop, and Andersons TV shop. There was also Smyths butchers, a wee sweet shop but cant remember the name, McGowns greengrocers, a pawn shop and a shoe shop. (Strongs mabye?) Have I left any out? :unsure:

dimples45

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
I remember playing football at the bottom of Bann Street in the mid to late 60s. There was a bakery above andersons TV shop and sometimes the big side doors upstairs would open a man in white overalls would throw us out a few buns. (mostly snowballs)
Around the cornor on the main Oldpark Rd. the shops I remember were Orrs Grocers, the post office, a chippy (was it called the Victory?), John McCanns butchers, Ewings fish shop, and Andersons TV shop. There was also Smyths butchers, a wee sweet shop but cant remember the name, McGowns greengrocers, a pawn shop and a shoe shop. (Strongs mabye?) Have I left any out? :unsure:
jimbo the dainty sweet shop was next to orrs fruit shop and pop glessipes was beside ebenezer sunday school are you from the river streets too