Author Topic: Bann Street  (Read 17492 times)

jimbo1

Re: Bann Street
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
Forgot about the dainty, Dimples. Also forgot about Pops. the sweet shop I was talking about was between the two. I think it was just above Shannon St. i remember seeing Tommy Jackson, Glentorn and Everton coming out of it. Yes I lived there when i was a kid for a while.

dimples45

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:50 AM »
Forgot about the dainty, Dimples. Also forgot about Pops. the sweet shop I was talking about was between the two. I think it was just above Shannon St. i remember seeing Tommy Jackson, Glentorn and Everton coming out of it. Yes I lived there when i was a kid for a while.
IT WAS NEXT TO MC GOWNS FRUIT SHOP I THINK IT WAS CALLED MARGERETTES

jimbo1

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 12:10:57 AM »
Bingo! Dimples, your right! I haunted that place. :smile:

juniper2001

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 12:27:35 AM »
I realise this was posted a while ago, but I've only recently thought to search for Bann Street here. My grandmother was born at no.44 in 1915 and her family were still there around 1920. I don't yet know if they moved, but what a tantalising thought that she could be one of the children on this pic!  :smile:  Great photo!
This must be a rare picture as I've never seen any other pictures from bann street.

Belfast Newsletter July 1926

chloe

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:06 PM »
does any one remember margaret brown her nike name is peggy and david davidson 68 bann street if any one does plz reply  ::)

dimples45

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
hi chloe, i knew peggy and davy, peggys brother jim still lives in the area spoke to him a few weeks ago...p.s. welcome to the forum..dimples

colt

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
Here's a wee treat for you:  from the 1959 Street Directory.

My granny lived in No 43.  There is more information about Bann Street somewhere on the Oldpark thread in the history section.

Hi Shazza, my grandad and grandma lived at 41 Bann street in your list, the Coulters. My mum dad and brothers/sisters also lived there in the mid 60`s when i was around 4/5 years old for a short time after moving over from England, before moving up to sunningdale gardens. Used to remember the Humpfries across the road from us. Would you remember us atall.

headtheball

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
Oh I see! But its the first house if you are coming from Barrow Street and you are about seven! LOL
The person who never made a mistake has  never made anything

vic46

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
does anyone remember the bettices from number 36 harold or arthur

peggy davidson

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 04:04:07 PM »
hi my names Chloe,

My grannie and grandad used to live here they were called the Scott's (now called David Davidson and Peggy Davidson) does any one remmber them (or have any old photos of bann street) if do plz rely! xx

peggy davidson

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 04:28:16 PM »

I just seen a post about Aggie Kennedy and her tattoos. The post said she lived in the first house in Bann St. I would it call it the last house. The Moodys lived in the first house, No.1
I also remember the Scotts, Simpsons, Hollands (wee Robbie) and the Fergusons and McAuleys. Wonder where they all are now. And does anyone remember anyone else from Bann Street? Nearly forgot the Thompsons!! ::)

the scotts is my great grandad and great grannie ( and u forgot the browns thats my grannie and grandad now called peggy davidson and david davidson! if remmber plz reply

Shankill Sam

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 02:08:59 AM »
We lived at 34 Bann street in 1970/1971(sometime) the Simms are my Aunt,Uncle & cousins. I remember playing about at the bilboard at the bottom of the street & a strange guy who lived alone next door.  :)
Ask not of what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country !

dimples45

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
hi sam, i think that strange man you mentioned was mr bettis the hollands lived next door on the other side of him ....dimples

Shankill Sam

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »
Thanks Dimples45, we moved there when our old area,Springmount street in the Hammer area was being ( so called Regenerated) & then up to Forthriver road,Glencairn Estate.  :)
Ask not of what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country !

headboatman

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 07:53:05 AM »
The late Joe Hastings from Bann Street was a survivor from the Princess Victoria which sank in the North Channel 31st January 1953, he worked as a fitter for Shorts in their Wig Bay factory in Scotland and was on his way home to visit one of his children who was ill. They moved to Rathcoole after the sinking.