Author Topic: Could "Crumbling" be "Crumlin"?  (Read 3767 times)

jp08

Re: Could "Crumbling" be "Crumlin"?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
marriage of  John Irvine and Sally Sutherland:

Note that you've provided a date for this already.  The 'about' dates show that this is supposition on behalf of the submitter and indeed like all the IGI material should be taken with a big pinch of salt. The original source material should be sought.

Rosemary Joan

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »

Note that you've provided a date for this already.  The 'about' dates show that this is supposition on behalf of the submitter and indeed like all the IGI material should be taken with a big pinch of salt. The original source material should be sought.

No, this is the first time I have added a supposed date for the marriage of John Irvine and Sally Sutherland.  After we have established that we are in the right area, then we can start looking for church records.
RosemaryJoan
As ye sow, so shall ye reap

jp08

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
No, this is the first time I have added a supposed date for the marriage of John Irvine and Sally Sutherland. 

Ah, I must have misread one of the cut & paste posts.

It looks to me that the submitter has said they had a child in 1831 so they must have been married the year before. It isn't genuine information.

The area has already been established from the outset. The John Magee looks very good - years are consistent, location and occupation and has a bone fide source.

Brian_87

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »
Any records of the childrens names/birth dates