Author Topic: Paris Bun  (Read 7626 times)

Bigali

Re: Paris Bun
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
Paris Buns-have not seen one for years-we always got them from `The Breadserver`who called 3 times a week!!

I am sure they are still available in Home Bakeries somewhere in N.I. today.

jilly

My Dad was a breadman for Sunblest and on Saturday mornings after stocking the van up at the bakery for the big Saturday round he came back home at about 08:30/09:00 for the big Saturday family fry all made with fresh potato bread , sodas and pancakes fresh from the bakery and then as a treat us kids were allowed to go out to the van and pick a bun or pastry to have later , my brothers and sisters always went for the big cream buns but I always took a Paris Bun with its sparkling sugar crystals and had it later split in two and slathered thickly with good country butter  :nyam: :)
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jillyfred

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 11:44:35 AM »
My Dad was a breadman for Sunblest and on Saturday mornings after stocking the van up at the bakery for the big Saturday round he came back home at about 08:30/09:00 for the big Saturday family fry all made with fresh potato bread , sodas and pancakes fresh from the bakery and then as a treat us kids were allowed to go out to the van and pick a bun or pastry to have later , my brothers and sisters always went for the big cream buns but I always took a Paris Bun with its sparkling sugar crystals and had it later split in two and slathered thickly with good country butter  :nyam: :)
===
Ali -Saturday mornings when I was allowed to go and pick a bun from Bob`s big wooden tray which he pulled out and lifted me up to see all those buns-that memory stays with me to this day!

jilly x

pete57

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 11:40:45 PM »
===
Ali -Saturday mornings when I was allowed to go and pick a bun from Bob`s big wooden tray which he pulled out and lifted me up to see all those buns-that memory stays with me to this day!

jilly x
I always ended up with the ' flies graveyard ' .. i think i was the black sheep of the family ...   ;) :)

oilyrag

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2020, 01:38:17 PM »
custard tarts weren't fresh unless there was a wasp swimming in the soft bits. :P

so drunk to hell I left the place , sometimes crawling sometimes walking

jillyfred

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 01:29:41 PM »
Fresh Cream Custard Tarts-Manna from Heaven.

Bought them in Inglis`s shop in Castle Lane if memory serves me right!!

jilly