Author Topic: The Braniel Estate  (Read 52097 times)

Dylan

The Braniel Estate
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »
Lived in the Braniel from 1959 - 1995. Had a lot of good 'mates' during my time beneath the hills of Castlereagh. Relocated in 1995 to north Armagh and married an 'angel'. Would like to hear from anyone with news of the Braniel.
Positively 4th Street.
Desolation Row.
Highway 61.

Christopher

Re: The Braniel Estate
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:29:56 PM »
Hiya Dylan,

Welcome to the Forum.

A list of some of your mates from the Braniel may help. Also post an email to [email protected] as Harry Graham was found for his friend Tommy Moore by that method. The letter was published in Saturday's Tele and there was a message on the boards of the Forum yesterday telling us he'd already been traced.

Chris.

Dylan

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:51:58 PM »
Looking for Barry Hill .. who thought he was the reincarnation of James Dean. Lived at Braeside Grove in the 90s.
Positively 4th Street.
Desolation Row.
Highway 61.

Twocoats

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:17:44 AM »
Lived in the Braniel from 1959 - 1995. Had a lot of good 'mates' during my time beneath the hills of Castlereagh. Relocated in 1995 to north Armagh and married an 'angel'. Would like to hear from anyone with news of the Braniel.

Hi Dylan. Went with a girl from the Braniel. When I finally remember her name I'll get back to you. My good friend from the Cregagh moved to the Braniel when we were young. Brian Porter. You may know him    Coats

Fireman Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:20:44 PM »
Hi Dylan, my parents lived at 5 The Bungalows, Lower Braniel Rd, Gilnahirk from the early 50's. I was born in 1956 and we lived there until the family emigrated to Australia in 1963.
Regards Sam.
Researching Thompson, MaGill, Cummin/gs, McKinstrey, Irvine, McQuillan.

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:47 PM »
Sam, why didn't you live on the Upper Braniel ??? If I want to show a list of residents on the Lower Braniel it involves a lot more typing than the Upper Braniel. Would you like a list of the Lower Braniel residents? It might attract help attract new members, who may be guests at the moment, to join the Forum. 

giannineo

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »
Slatady House , Upper Braniel,lovely.

darvid

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 05:44:01 AM »
Sam, why didn't you live on the Upper Braniel ??? If I want to show a list of residents on the Lower Braniel it involves a lot more typing than the Upper Braniel. Would you like a list of the Lower Braniel residents? It might attract help attract new members, who may be guests at the moment, to join the Forum. 
hello Christopher,i am in canada, moved here in 74, used to live with parents on Marfield rise, any one it, or the adams?

Aidan

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 05:30:01 AM »
I lived in Woodview Place from abour 1958 to 1968, are the Adams you talk about Johnie and his sister Louis Adams?

Val

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 05:17:34 PM »
My husband Jim Henry lived in the Braniel from 1958-1966 when we emigrated to Canada. He has 2 brothers, Alan & Stanley who lived there as well then came to Canada. His buddy John Graham lived in Marlfield and he is now in N.Zealand, he has 2 sisters, Joan who lives in Canada and Carol who lives in California.

Val 

accordionstu

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:50 AM »
I lived in Cregagh but knocked about the Braniel as I  had plenty of mates from there in the 8o's and 90's. best mate(Stuart Barnes) lived in 8 Alder Close, Upper Braniel. We used to mess about in the golf course, knicking their balls and selling them back  a few days later and there was a quarry, in the summer we'd throw cow pats at each other up at the quarry and used to love hanging around the square in the summer, great times.

Val

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »
My husband Jim Henry lived in the Braniel from 1958-1966 when we emigrated to Canada. He has 2 brothers, Alan & Stanley who lived there as well then came to Canada. His buddy John Graham lived in Marlfield and he is now in N.Zealand, he has 2 sisters, Joan who lives in Canada and Carol who lives in California.

Val 

Forgot to say Jim lived in Creevy Ave. Braniel

Collie

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
Hi All,
I lived in Woodview Place until 71.  Moved to Scotland & Now live in Cumbria, England.  Any of the old gang on here?  I would love to hear from them.

ditzi

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 02:50:32 PM »
Hi All

Lived in Woodview Terrace from 1965 till 1990, mum still there and my brother.  Nice to see a thread about the home place.

ditz xxx

Collie

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 08:34:33 AM »
Any updates on the guys below from Woodview Place?

1,  Aidan Daly... Now living in OZ
2, Kevin McKeown
4, Michael Dawson (sadly passed but dearly remembered still)
5, Harold & Raymond Emmerson
6, Patrick Adams
9, Matt & Billy Moore
10, Glen McQuillan
11, Muriel & David Eadie
14, George Hamilton.  Moved to US or Canada.
15, Robert Montgomery
16, Robert Turnbull
17, John Hunter
18, Kenneth & William Watson
20, David & Paul Brymer
21, David, Timothy & Phillip Mills

All grew up together from the 60's. 
We all had or moments but still have many fond memories of them.
Any word would be great.
I could have added more from the surrounding streets but this is enough to be going on with.
Thanks