Author Topic: The Braniel Estate  (Read 52279 times)

softmint69

Re: The Braniel Estate
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
Slatady House , Upper Braniel,lovely.

softmint69

« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »
Hi I was just wondering did you know Davia Newton Janet Newton and Anne Kells.I think they moved there in 1972 +

vinnym

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2016, 08:36:12 PM »
Anyone from the Braniel 60s/70s

JIM McBURNEY

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
Hi, I lived at 68 Creevy Ave, Braniel 1959 -1970 and then was in the Royal Navy. .was at Lisnasharragh 62-66....

stephencampbell

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2016, 09:39:36 PM »
Hi David Darley, just stumbled upon this site myself. My Granny and Granda Criley lived at no 20 Northfield Rise, I think it is in one of the pictures - and I am very intrigued by this picture. Also, my sister and I knew you back in the mid 70s - Laura and Stephen Campbell, I remember playing cards for Monopoly money in your back garden! I remember your Dad and Mum - your Dad worked with mine in the early days. I lived in no 20  for a while in the early seventies then later in 1976.I  went to Lisna for a while.

jimwinters227

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
d.darley? your mum had a wee sweeties shop in er house we used to go to. i lived at 28 ravenswood crescent and then lower braniel road. my mum, jean winters, passed away recently but my sisters were joan,terry and catherine and dad was jim.

david darley

« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »
Hi Jim, nice to see a familiar name on here, do you still live in the area, i've been in Banger for the last 30 years.  Mum's wee shop  :) , an old bread basket divided up into sections for the different chocolate bars on a table in the hall, kids called at all times of the day. It was great seeing that recent documentary on the estate shown on NVTV, brought back some memories, nice to see one of the pictures from earlier in this post appear on screen of the Northfield Rise silver jubilee street party, good days, could not have picked a better place to grow up.

sam_moore

« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
doe's anyone have any info on sam crawford who lived in creevey ave.

Drummer61

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »
Hey. The ‘rent Lady’s name was Mrs Lyttle.

I remember my Mum (May Houston) sending me down to pay the rent money. Never forget Mum telling me to be
Polite as that lady decided who got to move to better houses!

Good times.

vinnym

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »
I always remember her as Miss Lyttle, she was like a god in the early days of the Braniel, I also remember rent collectors traversing door to door collecting rent in cash with leather satchels for the cash, how times have changed.

Number26

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2018, 12:31:42 PM »
just came across this site.have lived in brainel all my life.looking to catch up with old friends and memories from the estate.mark hazley

pegwal

Do you have twin brother called David ?
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2019, 06:24:47 PM »
Sam,
This is my first visit to Belfast Forum and I am totally amazed that i can remember so many people from the Braniel. We lived at 6 Braniel Crecent.
My twin brother David & sister Jennifer still resides there. I left the Braniel, December 1976
to Toronto, Ont. Canada. As you may know I owned and ran The Clock n Hen, British Pub in Brampton for 14 years were your brother Tom was our resident entertainment for many years
along with Ray Toal. They packed The Clock every weekend with there fun & Laughter.
The made up songs for all the regulers and as they came in through the doors the boys sang  there songs.It was a sad when tom left us, Will always be loved by his Clock & Hen family.
Brian Martin

Number26

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »
just came across this site.have lived in brainel all my life.looking to catch up with old friends and memories from the estate.mark hally

pegwal

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2019, 07:23:33 PM »
Many happy memories of living in the braniel, Oliver at 8 southland dale, lots of kids in our street,all various ages,used to play. a lot on the farms and castlereagh hills,even remember the old quarry up there. Was in the same class as David and Brian Martin at lisnasharagh, I left in  Jan 1970 so thankfully did'nt see any/much of the troubles,glad to say I  did'nt  agree  with any sides, have lived in merseyside (Wirral)  since then married since 1971,4 daughters  5 grandchildren,

pegwal

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2019, 09:42:31 AM »
So sorry my memory is awful I recall  Brian and David Martin were in my class at lisnasharagh, many happy memories, lived in Southland dale 1959- 1970,wish I could recall all my friends and classmates David Blakeley was my childhood friend( lives in comber) remember  James Armstrong, ??? Stewart in our class,the teachers used the cane on us for simply breathing out loud,sad to see the old school pulled down loved and hated at the same time