Author Topic: The Braniel Estate  (Read 52096 times)

Aidan

Re: The Braniel Estate
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »
I am still trying to work out who Ditzi is

Virgo

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »
Hi Val,
I hope you get this as it the first time I have done this. Here goes, I lived in Creevy Avenue from June 1959 until I got married in June 1967. We lived at Number 68 and I new the Henrys. Alan would have been my age or near enough. I also remember a lad who lived close to your husbands house, he was called Chris Wells and he was English. Also there was Jim Taylor, John Walker and Chris Reeves another English lad. Our family name was McBurney.
Hope to hear from you,
Maureen.

maggiemayca

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 03:01:55 AM »
I think I remember you do you have red hair.

Virgo

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:28 AM »
I think I remember you do you have red hair.
I did , but that was a long time ago. How do you know me?

Val

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 03:09:38 AM »
Hi Val,
I hope you get this as it the first time I have done this. Here goes, I lived in Creevy Avenue from June 1959 until I got married in June 1967. We lived at Number 68 and I new the Henrys. Alan would have been my age or near enough. I also remember a lad who lived close to your husbands house, he was called Chris Wells and he was English. Also there was Jim Taylor, John Walker and Chris Reeves another English lad. Our family name was McBurney.
Hope to hear from you,
Maureen.

Maureen,

I remember you as well, I used to see you when I went to the Braniel and I had to pass your house on the way to the Henry's.

I remember the names of all the other guys you mentioned but they were Alan & Stanley's age group.

Stanley also lives not too far from us and he was over here last weekend. He and his wife are visiting Belfast in early August.

Val  ;)

maggiemayca

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 12:37:01 AM »
I did , but that was a long time ago. How do you know me?
I am Lynn Ashe I used to hang out in the upper estate used to go with Davy Speers remember Billy and Victor Gould I think Billy married a girl called Elsie can't remember her last name I also remember the Gwynnes Ann Walton.I lived down Ravenswood used to hang out with Roberta Smart and Irene Boyce.

Virgo

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 01:15:51 AM »
I am Lynn Ashe I used to hang out in the upper estate used to go with Davy Speers remember Billy and Victor Gould I think Billy married a girl called Elsie can't remember her last name I also remember the Gwynnes Ann Walton.I lived down Ravenswood used to hang out with Roberta Smart and Irene Boyce.
Hello Maggiemayca, good to hear from you again. I know your name and all the other names but I can't get the faces to appear in my mind. It's really bugging me. My memory is awful these days. I was Maureen McBurney and my chum was Sue Proctor. I also hung about with Barbara Stevens and Kay Grainger. There was usually a lot of us just walking about. Did Davy live in or near Alford Park?  Where do you live now? I live in North Yorkshire.

Val

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 01:20:24 AM »
Hi Virgo,

I hear we have another mutual friend, Bill. I was telling Jim about you today and he asked if you were still in Belfast, I see you live in North Yorkshire.  My oldest brother lives in Harrowgate, N.Yorks.

Val  ;) 

Virgo

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 01:31:35 AM »
Hi Virgo,

I hear we have another mutual friend, Bill. I was telling Jim about you today and he asked if you were still in Belfast, I see you live in North Yorkshire.  My oldest brother lives in Harrowgate, N.Yorks.

Val  ;) 
Hi Val, I have been in touch with Bill earlier on today and told  him. I was born in the next street to his wife Pauline and went to school with her sister Patti. I am originally from Heathfield Drive off the Oldpark Road.  I live in Northallerton not too far from Harrowgate.

Val

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 02:17:12 AM »
Hi Virgo,

do you have any old pictures you can post.

Val

IRISHAL

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 02:22:43 AM »
TWO OF MY BROTHERS LIVED IN THE BRANIEL ON RAVENSWOOD GEORGE AND JACK LORIMER.

Virgo

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 02:38:33 AM »
Hi Virgo,

do you have any old pictures you can post.

Val
Hi Val,
I am not sure about old pictures as I didn't take many then, not like these days but I will have a look and then I will need to read up on how to post them

TWO OF MY BROTHERS LIVED IN THE BRANIEL ON RAVENSWOOD GEORGE AND JACK LORIMER.
Hi Irishal,
I don't know your brothers names but when did they live there and what street?

IRISHAL

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 03:08:44 AM »
ravenswood park from about 1960 to 2002 .

Val

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 01:48:13 PM »
Hi Virgo,

Jim asked me to let you know that Sylvia McWilliams, that lived at the top of the Street died a number of years ago.

Val  :)

maggiemayca

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »
Hello Maggiemayca, good to hear from you again. I know your name and all the other names but I can't get the faces to appear in my mind. It's really bugging me. My memory is awful these days. I was Maureen McBurney and my chum was Sue Proctor. I also hung about with Barbara Stevens and Kay Grainger. There was usually a lot of us just walking about. Did Davy live in or near Alford Park?  Where do you live now? I live in North Yorkshire.
    I knew Kay Grainger well her cousin Wesley was my first boyfriend I think we must have been around 10 years old.,knew her from Paris Street on the Shankill before moving to The Braniel she lived next to Jackie Christie Davy lived across from the church can't remember the name of that street but it was at the top of Ravenswood.Wish I knew were all these people are to-day.I am in Canada now but still have Family in The Braniel.