Author Topic: The Braniel Estate  (Read 57511 times)

bjay

Re: The Braniel Estate
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »
Anyone remember Meneilly's from Whincroft Road?

D Fin

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2013, 10:05:51 PM »
Can't claim to know them. But do I remember a girl called Renee (?), early 1960's, who would have been in her early teens then. Does that fit?

david darley

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2013, 09:29:47 PM »
Random memory, i might not have all the details right as i was very young and it is a long time but does anyone remember the woman who, not sure if she lived there or it was an office, had a maisonette on Whincroft Road that belonged to the Housing Executive for whom she worked for, think i'm right that you went to her to pay your rent plus she didn't suffer fools very well.

Chattie

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2013, 01:07:41 AM »
Anyone remember John and Lil Gunning who lived in Roddens Crescent?

Colin Hazley

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
Hello to All,
It was nice to read through the posts. Brought back some lovely memories of life in the Braniel just hearing names of people from top of the estate, many of whom i can recall. Though memory vague on other names.
I lived in woodview drive from 1960s til 1985 though my younger brother Mark still lives in same house with his family (my Dad is still there to).
It would be nice to hear from anyone who remembers our clan (Hazley) or hung around with my brothers and sisters and to hear what people are up to now.
I left for university in london in mid 80s and now live in Finland with wife and kids, so dont get much chance to get back to the Braniel...
I remember many things with fondness and all the characters, one could write a film script on some the stuff going on over the years...the happy, the sad, the down right unbelieveable! even my teenagers dont believe the stories... Still i wouldn't change it for the world.
Please get in touch even to say hi.
Oh yeah if anyone has any photos of events/people with mutual interest it would be great to see.
All the best
Colin

Zulu95

hicky

« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
    I was a bus driver working the Braniel  all through the troubles most of the punters who knew me  knew
      I kicked with the other foot but never had  a cross word said to me  also remember with fondness
         Greta Falloon [R I P] she was a social worker  a rough no nonsence type but I really hit it off with        her       

bryanhakin

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2013, 10:03:23 PM »
Hi, stumbled across this site, glad i did, i have really enjoyed reading the posts, bringing back some brilliant memories. I am the youngest {by far} of 5, older brothers Drew & Derek {both living in Canada} and older sisters Irene & Elizabeth, we lived in Northfield Rise and all attended Lisnasharragh. My Dad stood for local council election in the estate for the Vanguard back in "the day" working towards, among other things, organising getting the double decker play bus that parked in Southland Dale for young kids to give them somewhere to go. Highlight of the week was going to the 63rd BB, having Bobby Currie trying to organise us into right and left wheeling round the church hall in some sort of orderly fashion knowing that all we wanted to do was play football, the once yearly 24 hour sponsored football marathons were something to behold. Anyone remember the Braniel Big Splash event?

bryanhakin

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
Yes I remember Walter Radar was the man responsible Bryan Hakin

rJohnny

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »
Hi everyone, wow,  can't believe my sister Louie found this thread and messaged me.

This is Johnny Adams who lived at 3 Marlfield rise and if anyone still reads in here
I would sure enjoy catching up on old times from our past and all the crazy things we
used to do while growing up in the good old braniel.

Burlington

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2015, 01:31:55 PM »
bit of a longshot, trying to track down an oul mate of mine who lives in The Braniel, his name is Roy Mcmillan. He's probably about 45 ish. Will be home for a visit and wouldn't mind catching up with him

Danny Gardner

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2016, 09:30:09 PM »
Elizabeth & her sister used to have a shed out back her dad made from old doors we used to hang out there danny gardner anybody know them from lower braniel lived near lily caulfield

JIM McBURNEY

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 10:08:31 PM »
Hi my name is Jim McBurney and lived in Creevy Ave, new Sam moore, david storey, david and joanne kerr, adrian annett, irene walker .Lorraine madison, Renee Meneelly and Jennifer jelly. ...wonder where they are now.

sam_moore

« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »
hi jim,sam moore here how are you,i'm still living in the braniel,warren grove

cyclops

« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »
I'm a Shankill Road man myself but I knew a girl lived in one of the tower blocks about the 60/70's.
Linda Crozier, I worked with her in S.T.C and often wonder what became of her.