Author Topic: Looking for Dympna Lennon  (Read 2251 times)

Oz Man

Looking for Dympna Lennon
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:59:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm not from Belfast...I'm an Aussie through & through.  But please don't use that against me :)  Your site was suggested to me in a hope of finding an old pen pal of mine.  We lost touch some 20+ yrs ago & her name is Dympna Lennon (maiden name), she would be in her late 30's.   And to be honest, I don't even remember which county she was from.  So all we have to go on at the moment is her name  ::)
I know it's a long shot but you just never know who's reading these messages.  So if you know of anyone named Dympna Lennon (can't be too many of them out there  ;D), can you let me know.
Thanks a lot.

Christopher

Re: Looking for Dympna Lennon
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Oz Man,

There's a John Lennon living near where I live and a Mary Lennon somewhere in North Down. Mary's emal address is on her website.

If you have any of the letters you received from Dympna she may have described the area where she lived. How did you make contact? Was it through a magazine or newspaper? That might give us a clue. If you have anything other than her name ... no matter how unimportant it seems to you it may mean something to one of our members. Have you not got a note of her address somewhere?

You could try emailing to a magazine or newspaper that sells throughout Ireland. Ireland's Own has a Pen Pal page and a Readers Request page. It's a magazine for all the family and is one that sells throughout Ireland. Their email address is [email protected]

Chris

Christopher

Re: Looking for Dympna Lennon
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 02:37:13 PM »
Hiya Oz Man,

I'd guess that you're looking for a Dympna Somebody (nee Lennon). I take it you've lost not only the address book containing Dympna's address but all her letters too ... they might have given us a clue.

Would everyone who knows a Dympna please ask her if her maiden name was Lennon.

If you haven't done so already post a message to the Editor of the Belfast Telegraph at  [email protected] Family history search messages are about once a week published in the paper . I understand that the posters get a reasonable response.

Christopher