Author Topic: St James Road  (Read 14716 times)

stiofan

Re: St James Road
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2015, 02:53:54 AM »
i knew a wee boy back in the 60's, Mickey Ellis from around there
Micky was one of Maire and Frankie's sons. He died last year.

Dommo

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2015, 02:58:44 AM »
Micky was one of Maire and Frankie's sons. He died last year.
wow! I hate to hear about peeps dying when they are not oul!
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

GandT

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »
i knew a wee boy back in the 60's, Mickey Ellis from around there

Don't know if it is the same family but there were girls called Ellis [Maeve, I think] and their brother is quite an accomplished artist but I have forgotten his first name. St James's Park, I think.

stiofan

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2015, 04:07:33 AM »
Don't know if it is the same family but there were girls called Ellis [Maeve, I think] and their brother is quite an accomplished artist but I have forgotten his first name. St James's Park, I think.
The same family, indeed: Maeve is one of Frankie and Maire's daughters; Mary-Rose is another. The artist brother is Brendan.

Dommo

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2015, 06:16:26 AM »
maeve is the best name
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

AMCT

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2015, 11:32:49 PM »
I remember Margaret Taggart, Margaret Doyle, Bernadette Burns, Marie Dawson, Margaret McGuiness, Geraldine Donnelly, all from St James Road Lily Brennan Lily Goodall and Perpetual Carleton  from the Crescent, Ann Lenagan, Mary Cahil from the Gardens, Teresa Branagh, Kathleen Boyle from St Katherines Road, to name a few. I was in the same class as most of them. I lived in the Place, and then at 65a St James's Road when I got married, next to Dan's shop (originally Leesons) I worked in it too when Roy was the owner. Sadly he was electrocuted  Breige Janet and Irene Jenkins Florence + Brenda Perry Dolores Donaghy Bernie Dolan were my neighbours and great friends growing up as were many of those I have mentioned. Ann Maguire Frankie Burns Julia Donnelly, Margaret Kelly were from the Parade. Kathleen O Callaghan lived at the top of St James Road, also my chums.  All great people, some sadly deceased. I wonder where they all are now. Funny I can remember so many of my friends growing up and yet I forget the names of folk I have worked with in later years. Well I hope to get some response, in the meantime. Slainte.

Did you know a Mary Veronica McCullagh, address given as living with her married sister in 65a St James road around 1969 / 1970?

mccrystr

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »

mccrystr

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »

Eros Tell me more about Manuel McCrystal, thats my father. Have me met before? maybe through Pat McCrystal.

Rory

twinnyted, I ran about with some of the Dawsons and Manuel McCrystal,when I lived there  I lived at 177
and welcome to the forum    Eros aka Emmanuel Flanagan

mccrystr

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »

twinnyted - John Gurly RIP[/size]

There were two lindsays familys in st.James's rd. one lived at 169 and the other @ 165 with the Kellys  between them @ 167. I lived @ 163 next to the Lindsays. I miss St. James's rd. very much.  I knew most of all in the lower end. I was a twin. my name was Maguire.Most of the Dawsons went to Americs. they lived at159. John Gurly who lived with the Mccrystals just died two weeks ago. (r.i.p.) if anyone knew of him

ros52859

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »
Does anyone know of the Blacks who were related to the Murphy of 6 st James Parade

harrison

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
Ray Kelly and Margaret Hughes daughter of Paddy a postman like Ray.

saul

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2019, 03:22:59 PM »

My mothers family were the Mc Kee's, think it might have been 136, not sure