Author Topic: St James Road  (Read 14529 times)

celtdunm

Re: St James Road
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »
Hello All. -------  139 - McKee, Knew them all. Lived opposite at 86.

BeakerRingo

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 02:35:21 PM »
My mum's family (O'Connors) lived at 151 until the early/mid 70's I think.  Moved to Ladybrook after that.
I could dance with you til the cows came home.  On second thoughts, I'd rather dance with the cows til YOU came home.

Tipperdarby

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
My Dad's 2 brothers lived in St James Road. Arthur and Mary and their kids Colette and Artie lived in #115 and Joe and Bridget and their family, Joe, Elizabeth and John lived in #80.
Aunt Mary just died last year aged 96 and had been living with Colette for some years so the house was empty but it sold late last year I believe,

celtdunm

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
That would be the O'Neills at 115. Where is arty & Collette now? Give them my regards Jnr McGarry no 86. I heard Mrs O'Neill died last year and believe she was the last of the parents who lived there when we were young.

doare.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
my brother lived on st james number 50, he just paaed away last week RIP. I worked around the corner from him on Donegal rd for a few years in the old Maguire & Patterson site with mc kenna & mc ginley, now a supermarket.

"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

Tipperdarby

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:06 PM »
That would be the O'Neills at 115. Where is arty & Collette now? Give them my regards Jnr McGarry no 86. I heard Mrs O'Neill died last year and believe she was the last of the parents who lived there when we were young.
Yes, I wasn't too smart with that post was I!! I forgot to give their surname. .both families were O'Neill.   Colette lives in Ladybrook and Artie isn't too far from her. I am in contact with Colette by email and I call her now and again (I live in Canada). Her name is McCaffrey.
When we were young we visited their family a fair bit. My Dad actually lived with Arthur and Mary when they were first married, he was an orphan. Imagine being only married and having a 15 yr old living with you!!!  :-\  I will let Colette know you were asking about her.

cyprus girl

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 09:20:37 PM »
I worked with a Catha Kennedy from St James Rd just before I came to Canada, anyone know her?
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

celtdunm

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »
Thanks Tipperdarby, I have 4 sisters living in Hamilton, Canada. Colette would know them all, Anne, Renee, Phyllis & Patricia. I think Renee was the main one she shummed around with.

celtdunm

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
An E Kennedy lived at no 37 but that was too far up the hill for us to know very well so maybe someone else could be more informative.

cyprus girl

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »
I worked with a Catha Kennedy from St James Rd just before I came to Canada, anyone know her?
I should have added that I came to Canada in '69 so Catha would be in her sixties now.
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

kate.o

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 05:55:22 AM »
my brother lived on st james number 50, he just paaed away last week RIP. I worked around the corner from him on Donegal rd for a few years in the old Maguire & Patterson site with mc kenna & mc ginley, now a supermarket.
hi doare, so very sorry for your loss of your brother R I P.

doare.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »
hi doare, so very sorry for your loss of your brother R I P.
thx kate, it was a bit of a shock, he was unwell for a few years.i had considered going back, but my mother is gone a while back too, so i want a place all to myself, so i let it go, i eat a different lifestyle from most of ny rellys..lol. anyway it is not the time now.
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

mona lisa

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
anyone know what happened to the gribbens they lived in the last house on st. james ,also the walshs from st. james parade

eros

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
 I used to knock about with tom Gribbens they were a nice quiet family ,I left home so I don't know what ever happened to them  I do believe that Tom emigrated but not sure, Eros
Lest we Forget

celtdunm

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
Don't know what happened to the Walshes. used to chum around with Eamonn in the sixties.