Author Topic: anyone grow up in the Beechmount Area of the Falls Road  (Read 15058 times)

chink

Re: anyone grow up in the Beechmount Area of the Falls Road
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
remember the shop  when went there when we came out of the sawimmers andst augustines disco that was beside the library  can not remember the name though

BBJ

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »
i lived in amcomri st with my granny for bout a year my da was brought up there he worked in jb kenndeys bakery for years  :D

I used to live in Amcomri Street with my Granny too though I was born in Earlscourt Street. I'm now living in Dublin (although temporarily in Lancashire right now). One of my uncles was a breadserver at JBs as well.

JB Kennedy's bread
It sticks to your belly like lead
etc etc

Kindness is the essence of greatness. (JOSEPH B WIRTHLIN)

brianmckeever

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 01:54:55 AM »

I used to live in Amcomri Street with my Granny too though I was born in Earlscourt Street. I'm now living in Dublin (although temporarily in Lancashire right now). One of my uncles was a breadserver at JBs as well.

JB Kennedy's bread
etc etc

Welcome BBJ. Did you have brothers, John G and Hugh?

Astor

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »

JB Kennedy's bread
etc etc

My father was also a breadserver for JB Kennedy's many moons ago. I remember the quote about JB's well!!!   We lived in Iris Street, then Hawthorn Street, my sister lived in Earlscourt Street for years but is now in Dublin as well.  We might even know each other :scratch_ones_head:
Que Sera Sera

billy2005

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
Momo49 try posting here someone may be able to help
Billy

[email protected]

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 09:26:18 AM »
My dads family The Goughs grew up in Clowny Street! Does anyone remember them?

BBJ

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
My dads family The Goughs grew up in Clowny Street! Does anyone remember them?

I think they were connected with St John's GAA Club as were two of my uncles, Barney and Tony (RIP).
Kindness is the essence of greatness. (JOSEPH B WIRTHLIN)

chink

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »
   i know goughs from iris drive

Redkate

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
I grew up in Beechmount Parade, the Goughs lived around  there, I think were relative of the Fitzpatrick's who also lived on the Parade, also the Breens.

[email protected]

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
Thanks everyone! My dad Larry Gough was killed in a road accident when i was 13yrs old and i know nothing of my irish family only names & that they lived in Clowney street and it would be lovely to know more about them.

Many Thanks

Maureen.

peter garland

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
hi momo 49 i knew your father larry well, sad that he has passed away i also knew your grandfather very well also your uncle brendan i think he lives in anderstown some where, sorry about your dad

[email protected]

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
Hi Peter, Thank you so much for replying, how did you know my Dad & Grandad, did you live by them?, I never met my grandad he did travel over to England with my uncle Christie once but it was before i was born the only ones i really met were Christie & Bert but i was very young so i didnt really ask any questions about the family history also uncle Tom came over from Chicago for his funeral in 1985 but he has since passed away. Uncle Brendan moved to Canada as far as i knew because Dad went over to see him & Tom in the 70's. I understand my Grandad worked at the docks & i would love to more about them as a family and if i have any relations maybe on my grandmothers side in Belfast which would be brilliant!. Well sorry if i have bored you with my story but its nice to know that someone actually knew them because i've tried lots of search engines on the web but its like they didn't exist! So thank you once again!

Kind Regards

Maureen

bhelena

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 01:23:39 PM »
My father was also a breadserver for JB Kennedy's many moons ago. I remember the quote about JB's well!!!   We lived in Iris Street, then Hawthorn Street, my sister lived in Earlscourt Street for years but is now in Dublin as well.  We might even know each other ???
Hello Astor I lived in Beechmount Bungalows in the mid 60s with my sister and her family then I moved to Harrogate street in 1972 before leaving Belfast but I used to know a guy who went with my mate he was called Billy Meleney I am not sure of the surname spelling he was from down that end and I think it might have been Clowney street do you know him or what ever became of him thank you  

staffordm

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »

Hello,

Billy Mullaney is his name, and his is now living in the Ligoniel area

bhelena

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »

Hello,

Billy Mullaney is his name, and his is now living in the Ligoniel area
Hello Billy I lived in Beechmount but before that I lived on the Glen Road you went with a girl from there if you have a email address I will pm you  hope to hear from you soon I hope you will remember me as it was a long time ago  ;)