Author Topic: Shankhill Area  (Read 9978 times)

toddkid

Shankhill Area
« on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:37 AM »
Hello to everyone.....I would like to know if anyone knows of the Todd family ...who lived in the Shankhill area...would love any help or ideas to try...Thanks in advance..

Hendy

Re: Shankhill Area
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:11:26 AM »
Hi TK, I was in the BB with a lad called Sam Todd back in the 60s, he lived in Percy St off the Shankill. He was murdered whilst on duty with the RUC by the IRA.

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »

I went to Glenwood in the '70s with a girl called Sandra Todd...they lived in Brookmount St.
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

melv

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:01:33 PM »
hi tk, this goes back a bit, my G.GF, RICHARD GRAINGER married ELIZABETH TODD,IN 1886 A daughter of a william john todd a plasterer from 61 hopeton street shankill road. regards sam.
C.O.Y.S.

ejjdp

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
I understand my g Grandparents were married in St Anns Church Shankill,  1881,I wonder if anyone has a photograph they could post if it still exists

parker

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
also went to glenwood in the 70s.reared in no.Brookmount street(73) .remember the todds.saw sandra the other week,dont think she knows me tho,i think there was a jim+colin todd and a few sisters,we didnt get called by our 1st names then,only family called you by that.so the todds were the (todders).we all used to muck about together in the old meadow,scrapyard,adventure playground(now lanark way),along with the maxwells,crosby's,milliken's,woods,mcurrys,many a happy day back then.

hope this helps you some toddkid.

and im sure you remember some of those surnames shankill girl.

I went to Glenwood in the '70s with a girl called Sandra Todd...they lived in Brookmount St.

toddkid

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 04:12:24 AM »
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES....THE TODD I'AM LOOKING FOR  LIVED THERE AROUND 1912...FATHER..WILLIAM JOHN.....MOTHER ELIZABETH TODD TODD.....SON..ROBERT...DAUG. AGNES..GEORGINA..DORTHEA..MINNIE?...ONE OF THE GRAND CHILDREN WAS CHARLES GLYNN..ANYONE THAT HAS ANY OTHER INFO. WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.....THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE !!!!

rusty

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES....THE TODD I'AM LOOKING FOR  LIVED THERE AROUND 1912...FATHER..WILLIAM JOHN.....MOTHER ELIZABETH TODD TODD.....SON..ROBERT...DAUG. AGNES..GEORGINA..DORTHEA..MINNIE?...ONE OF THE GRAND CHILDREN WAS CHARLES GLYNN..ANYONE THAT HAS ANY OTHER INFO. WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.....THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE !!!!
you could try looking under the 1912 ulster covenant signatures page they maybe there . good luck

parker

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:11 PM »
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES....THE TODD I'AM LOOKING FOR  LIVED THERE AROUND 1912...FATHER..WILLIAM JOHN.....MOTHER ELIZABETH TODD TODD.....SON..ROBERT...DAUG. AGNES..GEORGINA..DORTHEA..MINNIE?...ONE OF THE GRAND CHILDREN WAS CHARLES GLYNNResidents of house number 77 in Hawthorne Street (Falls, Antrim) Show all information
SurnameForenameAgeSexRelation to headReligionBirthplaceOccupationLiteracyIrish LanguageMarital StatusSpecified IllnessesYears MarriedChildren BornChildren LivingToddElizabeth69FemaleHead of FamilyPresbyterianCo Antrim-Read and write-Widow-47116ToddAgnes37FemaleDaughterPresbyterianLancashire EnglandDressmakerRead and write-Single----ToddDorathea29FemaleDaughterPresbyterianCo AntrimMachinistRead and write-Single----ToddGeorgina27FemaleDaughterPresbyterianBelfast-Read and write-Single----ToddWilliam John17MaleGrand SonPresbyterianBelfastEmployed in FactoryRead and write-Single----ToddIsabella26FemaleDaughter in LawPresbyterianCo Down-Read and write-Married-811ToddCharles Glyn6MaleGrand SonPresbyterian-SchoolRead and write-Single----
found this on the 1911 census.
hope this is what your looking for.

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »
also went to glenwood in the 70s.reared in no.Brookmount street(73) .remember the todds.saw sandra the other week,dont think she knows me tho,i think there was a jim+colin todd and a few sisters,we didnt get called by our 1st names then,only family called you by that.so the todds were the (todders).we all used to muck about together in the old meadow,scrapyard,adventure playground(now lanark way),along with the maxwells,crosby's,milliken's,woods,mcurrys,many a happy day back then.

and im sure you remember some of those surnames shankill girl.

I remember the Millikens...their mummy was Dorothy. They lived facing my granny in Brookmount St...she lived in 86...my aunt in 84 and another aunt directly facing her on the opposite side (can't remember the number though  :scratch_ones_head: ) I can remember a Mr & Mrs Parker lived near the Millikens.

I also remember the meadow too. I left Glenwood in '77.

parker

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
i know the millikens well,john+dorthy,john was an electrician and dorthy worked in the pressing factory at the bottom end of mayo street.john used to ride to work on his push bike,rain,wind and snow,was a super footballer in his day.still see him out walking his dog along lanark way.was chums with his three sons,andy,john+colin.john and i were best buddies,hav'nt seen him in a while tho.
we must have been at school at the same time shankill girl,i left 1976/77.
we were the baker's by the way if you remember any of us.8 of us in a 2 bedroom house.cramped and mad at times but look back on it fondly....

I remember the Millikens...their mummy was Dorothy. They lived facing my granny in Brookmount St...she lived in 86...my aunt in 84 and another aunt directly facing her on the opposite side (can't remember the number though  :scratch_ones_head: ) I can remember a Mr & Mrs Parker lived near the Millikens.

I also remember the meadow too. I left Glenwood in '77.

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:01 AM »
Hi Parker. My grandparents were Alex & Minnie Coard...and my aunt in 84 was Jean Allen. I was in Mr Gilchrist's P7 class at school.
I don't know that many who lived in Brookmount St as I was only ever there on a saturday afternoon :)

kisit49

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
Hey all I wonder would anyone know of a girl I went to school with called Linda Dowler we went to Edenderry Sec.School in Tennant Street around 1965 we lost contact when I got married and then I immigrated to Australia, I have been home many times for holiday's but never had any luck finding her each time I went back ..

dimples45

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:16 AM »
Hey all I wonder would anyone know of a girl I went to school with called Linda Dowler we went to Edenderry Sec.School in Tennant Street around 1965 we lost contact when I got married and then I immigrated to Australia, I have been home many times for holiday's but never had any luck finding her each time I went back ..
hi kisit49 welcome to the forum,i know a linda dowler who lived on the oldpark road .she had a older sister kathleen would that be the same linda . dimples45

kisit49

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »
Hey dimples45 I just could not believe it when  I  saw your message, Linda did live on the oldpark road and she did have a sister called Kathleen and the other sister was Barbara my goodness after all these years of trying to find out about her I get on here for the first time and bingo somebody knows her do you know anything about her now? like how she is and where she is living I really do appreciate your message thanks so much I would love to find her and maybe we could write..we were best friends all through high school then I met my husband and got married and we just drifted apart..