Author Topic: Shankhill Area  (Read 9945 times)

dimples45

Re: Shankhill Area
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
Hey dimples45 I just could not believe it when  I  saw your message, Linda did live on the oldpark road and she did have a sister called Kathleen and the other sister was Barbara my goodness after all these years of trying to find out about her I get on here for the first time and bingo somebody knows her do you know anything about her now? like how she is and where she is living I really do appreciate your message thanks so much I would love to find her and maybe we could write..we were best friends all through high school then I met my husband and got married and we just drifted apart..
yes kisit49 linda was the youngest then barbara the middle one and kathleen.rip.the oldest sadly she died a few years ago .babara i think married a lad from the falls road and lives up that way.last time i seen her was about 10 years ago in town.they used to live next door to us in foyle street also they lived above a bakery shop at the corner of manor drive kathleens husband still lives by the liberary on the oldpark road i will try and find out about linda for you .

kisit49

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 02:28:24 AM »
Hi dimples49 thank you so much,it is sad about Kathleen may she rip yes I had heard that Barbara married a guy called Gerry from the falls and that was the last I heard as I moved to Australia after that.I guess Linda would have got married and have children of her own by now I thank you so much for trying to find out about Linda for me.I  still cannot believe the first time I leave a post on here that you know Linda what a small world..

kisit49

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 02:29:46 AM »
Ops sorry I called you dimples49 instead of dimples45..

dimples45

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 11:21:19 PM »
Ops sorry I called you dimples49 instead of dimples45..
hi kisit,i was talking to my younger sister to day her and linda were good friends she too went to edenderry school then too, you may know her ,Sandra Faulkner she thinks you could be Una Mc Cabe a girl she knew at school who went to australia, she did,nt know where linda moved too just like you they lost touch also. i hope to get some information for you soon ...   dimples45

kisit49

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »
Hi dimples45 I cannot remember the name Sandra Faulkner I knew a few Sandra's but the surname does not ring a bell the name Una McCabe does not ring a bell either.The names I remember from school was McGogan not sure of her first name Violet Holland Irene Gilesippe a girl called Linda who lives just around a few streets from our school her mummy had died and her daddy was bringing her up I knew a lot more we used to hang around together but for the life of me cannot remember their names.My name is Anna Harvey if your sister hung around with Linda she must know me but sorry I just don't remember her unless she had a nickname as some of us had i also knew a Sally Young she lived in the same street as I did I am sure your sister would know her as they were a big family 10 of them I think.

windsor1

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »
Hi dimples45 will you tell Sandra Una says hello we are in Canada been here 39 yrs,this is my first time on the forum and was really surprised to see my name pop up,none of the other names rang a bell other than Sandra's hope she is well.

kisit49

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
Hey windsor1 I saw your post, this is my first time on here as well  and was looking for a friend called Linda Dowler and I could not believe that someone on here knew her.I went to Edenderry Sec and your name rings a bell to me my name is Anna and I hung out with a lot of people at our school but you know for the life of me I only remember a few of them. They were great days at Edenderry I wish I was back there and knew then what I know now boy would I change a few things LOL.

delane

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »
hi,everyone.. a friend ask me did i know where his father came from, what part of n,ireland..woodvale..charlie artt...he left there in the1950,s..thats all he knew of his father...did you know him.?.. cheers. .delane.
the older you get the worse you get..

windsor1

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
Hi Krista49 it is a shame but I can't remember most of the people I went to school with except for the few I have kept in touch with or hung around with,I am sure me have met the school wasn't that big,yes they were good days if you can think of anymore names let me know maybe it will jog the memory.Do you remember a teacher called Mr Stitt he taught English?

honestmay

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »
hi all  i also went 2 edenderry ,sandra faulkner was in my class at school i also knew her hubby  well ex now last saw sandra few years back she was living in monkstown was out with her a few times then .the name una mcabe rings a bell .violet holland live in bray st next street 2 me she married jim green,sadly they also parted think violet is around ballysillin now. Could any 1 forget mr stitt or mr starret got they were nasty .I came from palmer st name joan irvine .

kisit49

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
Hey Windsor1What a smaill world I do remember Mr Stitt.Do you remember Mr Hutchison he taught History and Mr Gilcrist he taught Maths he was getting on when I was there I remember some more names Linda Scott comes to mind there is one thing that has stuck in my mind and have never forgotton it maybe you will remember it one day after school the word went around that there was a fight after school I recon the whole school was there, a girl and a boy were having a fight never had ever seen that before but she gave him            as good as he gave her I don't remember her or his name also I remember all the new pupils got thrown in the pit and the side of the school funny how some things stick and never go away.

kisit49

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
Hy Honestmay I remember those two teachers and I remember you cannot put a face to the name but I remember you my name is Anna Harvey ,Violet was one of the girls I hung around with and Mcgoogan was another girl she had a boyfriend then his name was jim he was a lot older than her he had already left school her parents did not approve of him only because he was older than her I see a lot of faces in my mind I just wish I could remember all of them.

kisit49

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 03:55:30 AM »
Hi Honestmay since my last post I have been wrecking my brain and there are a few more things that come to mind,do you remember with out PE there was a girl called Linda and myself were fast runners at the time Linda was the fastest girl in our year level so they put her and I in a race and I just won with the skin of my teeth,also we had a rounders team in our year level and we had won every game we played and then the teachers decided to take us on thinking they could win I think the whole school was there and we won and we got lovely trophies and I still have mine great day that was because the whole school was cheering us on wonderful to beat the teachers.lol I also remember the girls name was Doreen McGoggan and there was another girl her name was Sandra but cannot remember her surname but we used to walk home together sometimes and I will never forget she used to eat raw sausages she would go into the butcher's shop for sausages for her families tea and she would eat some of the sausages raw before she got home.Could not think of anything worse yuk raw sausages..

arty

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »
Hi Folks
         Regarding the mention of Edenderry Secondary School, I have many memories of it , some not so good. There were some sadists there, and I'm referring to the teachers; McCormic, Starrit and Stitt spring to mind. Craythorn was the head teacher and worth watching, the bane of my life. Miss Richardson was a marvelous English teacher and I owe a lot to her, for her encouragement and faith in me over the years. I'm sure she is no longer with us, as that was a long time ago.

Arty

kisit49

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »
Hey Arty
I remember all the teachers you metioned Miss Richardson was a great english teacher I remember getting 6 off the best for getting 2 spelling words wrong in her class and believe me that only happened once I made sure I got them all right in future.What years were you there? do you remember Mr Hutchison?he was a history teacher I remember a few students like Sally Young, Linda Dowler,my brother's name is Billy Harvey ...