Author Topic: Shankhill Area  (Read 9955 times)

arty

Re: Shankhill Area
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
Hi Kisit49
      I hope you find your friend Linda Dowler. I can't recall Mr Hutchinson; perhaps he wasn't there when I attended the school. I left in1960, many moons ago, in another lifetime. Good Luck!

Arty

kisit49

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 12:27:44 AM »
Hey Arty
yes you would have left before me I finished at Edenderry 1965 seems like a lifetime ago looking back at it now thanks for your reply.

Tobergillst Girl

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 12:32:04 AM »
Hi Forever a Shankill Rd Girl
                                  I am one of the Scotts from Tobergill,St your granny Minnie is my aunt my dad is her brother Billy. Dont think I am one of the older sisters I am only 4 yrs older than you lol. I know your aunt Sue but that was a very long time ago when I was 15.

mrs mourinho

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
Hi Forever a Shankill Rd Girl
                                  I am one of the Scotts from Tobergill,St your granny Minnie is my aunt my dad is her brother Billy. Dont think I am one of the older sisters I am only 4 yrs older than you lol. I know your aunt Sue but that was a very long time ago when I was 15.

i came from wimbledon street x
always look on the bright side of life

burnaby

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 05:33:07 AM »
Talking about brookmont st. does anyone remember the cardwells who went to australia about 1950

arder lavery

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
Hello to everyone.....I would like to know if anyone knows of the Todd family ...who lived in the Shankhill area...would love any help or ideas to try...Thanks in advance..
one of my sisters married a bloke from the shankill, his name was jim mitchell and he came from malvern place and worked in mackies. would love to hear how he is. he was a lovely lovely person.
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

beegee

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 03:41:50 AM »
Does anyone recall the Noble family from Sixth St?

Sandgroper

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 08:06:22 AM »
Does anyone recall the Noble family from Sixth St?

I really wish I did recall them, 'cos you're the first person I've come across from the number street area on the BF. I came from Fourth st. and the people from this area must be very shy. Hope your search bears results.

beegee

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
Sandgroper
                     Thanks for your reply-----------maybe someone will remember them    cheers

Sandgroper

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »
Sandgroper
                     Thanks for your reply-----------maybe someone will remember them    cheers

BG
I have had a thought just come to me. I think there was some one called Noble who lived on Nth. Howard st. on the corner with Sixth st. The only name that seems to ring a bell is Pearl. This was in the early 1960's so don't rely too much on my memory. I don't....

time4akip

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 11:37:42 AM »
Tobergill St  .knew Andrew Duff , think he went to the Boys' Model , then there was Big John King used to drive a sky blue morris 1000 estate ( face badly scarred from a crash), and the empty granny's house , of the two sisters that lived up in Highfield ( kiss kiss )
in the words of d'artagnan.  "Ad Unum Omnes "

beegee

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »
Sandpiper ..dont mention the memory    LOL     !!!!!!!  Me is 84 and I know  all about that !            The time I was courting           one of the Noble girls and I,m going back to the early 40s!!!!!!!LOL
was just wondering whatever happened to the family----------------------Maybe they shifted into that house on Nt Howard st              maybe  ... I was a York St man  LOl

Sandgroper

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »
BG
I'm in late (very late) 60's and the girl Pearl would have been about my age.
It's very hard to catch up with anyone from that part of the world.
I left in 64 and didn't go back until 2001. The whole population has been scattered to the four corners. My sister still lives in Belfast and even the few people she has been able to keep in contact with don't know many more. I've been back three times since and have only met up with a handful of people. I just booked my next trip back to the UK last Friday and will be in Scotland at the end of July to visit my son and his family. Believe it or not he was born here in OZ, but has been living in Brechin for the last twelve years. After that I'll be heading for Belfast for 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe I'll be luckier this time. You never know.

Sandgroper

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »
By the way BG the nom de plume is SANDGROPER, Which is a blind worm ( quite large) that burrows into the sand here in West OZ. It is what people from the other states call West Australians. ...LOL...

toddkid

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2011, 02:15:54 AM »
Hi Melv... You sound like a good person for help....my grandfather left for america in the very early 1900s...He was a Taylor by trade....any info...would be a big help....Thanks..