Author Topic: The Bone  (Read 169980 times)

the winger

Re: The Bone
« Reply #795 on: March 19, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
malachy quinn

did the jack mcnally  have a daughter named Stella

the winger
THE WINGER

brendain122

« Reply #796 on: April 01, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
Hi All

Does anyone out there have any information on the outdoor gambling game 'The Toss' , some times involving hundreds of men on a sunday on the Brickyard in the Bone late 1940s and 1950s. They came from all over belfast, Protestant and Catholic. Anyone any old pictures they could post of the brickyard in the same period or up to 1970s.

My parents and grand parents were from the area Muldoons.

White dee

« Reply #797 on: April 01, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »
Hi All

Does anyone out there have any information on the outdoor gambling game 'The Toss' , some times involving hundreds of men on a sunday on the Brickyard in the Bone late 1940s and 1950s. They came from all over belfast, Protestant and Catholic. Anyone any old pictures they could post of the brickyard in the same period or up to 1970s.

And where have you been for the last ten years  ??? :D
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

brendain122

« Reply #798 on: April 01, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »
Who are you?

White dee

« Reply #799 on: April 01, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
Who are you?

Now wouldn't that be telling  ;) ;) 

brendain122

« Reply #800 on: April 01, 2017, 10:50:51 PM »
I stomped but obviously you're not going to tell me. But can you help me with any of my queries pictures of the brickyard and information about the 'Toss'.

chi

« Reply #801 on: April 01, 2017, 10:57:51 PM »
Hi All

check out "Anyone from Ardoyne "
you'll find pictures of Muldoons
and bone area with football pitch
on that thread good luck :)
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

brendain122

« Reply #802 on: April 01, 2017, 11:13:51 PM »
Thank you Chi. Appreciate your help.

White dee

« Reply #803 on: April 01, 2017, 11:33:34 PM »
I stomped but obviously you're not going to tell me. But can you help me with any of my queries pictures of the brickyard and information about the 'Toss'.

No I can't help you with that sorry,but I see chi has given you a lead, there's lots of threads on here about the Bone,Ardoyne , Oldpark,all useful to your inquiry,
Good luck  :) :)

arder lavery

« Reply #804 on: April 02, 2017, 01:38:00 AM »
Thank you Chi. Appreciate your help.
the game was called pitch and toss and they played it on the flax st cinder pitch
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

Jim Kearney

« Reply #805 on: November 07, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
Pitch and Toss was also played at the back of Ardilea Street at the wall of the mill,there was a big crater in the ground there where the toss would take place.The police couldn't see them playing there.My da used to bring me to watchso I'd sit at the top of the crater and watch along with the lookouts for any sign of police activity.They also had a couple of men at the toss to gather up all the money if the police did come.I Had an uncle Harry Muldoon that lived  24 Mayfair Street,but he came from Ardoyne as far as I know.

tracy1

« Reply #806 on: January 13, 2018, 09:33:32 PM »
Brendain my great granny was Susan Muldoon married name oneill her brothers were known as the big muldoons from ardoyne any relation

iminaus

« Reply #807 on: January 21, 2018, 10:18:48 AM »
i have no idea if im in the right area.  i went to St Colombans until they opened "Denby Gardens"  i was born in Roseville st  and went to st Gemmas and  :) moved to Australia in 1970.  I would like to contact Christine Madden whos parents had the fruit and veg shop on the oldpark road

boxer1949

« Reply #808 on: January 21, 2018, 08:15:58 PM »

brendain122

« Reply #809 on: February 08, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »
Hi Tracy. Thank you for your message. Yes we are related. The O Neills and Muldoons linked through family/marriage ties and as you say the Bone was where my grandparents lived. Some of the familyon the O Neill side  are buried in Hannahs Town Cemetry. One of the O Neills was the owner of the land used to build Trench House - the Teacher Training College in Stewartstown in West belfast.