Author Topic: The Bone  (Read 165169 times)

Belfastwhite

Re: The Bone
« Reply #810 on: February 17, 2018, 11:00:50 PM »
Yes i did know minnie reid, she was my mothers aunt as she and my mothers  mother where two sisters. I remember her well, there were three houses just after the waste ground and  minnie lived in the first one , my aunt biddy  she was my granda mcnally sister, lived in the middle and his other sister lizzy walsh lived in the end one.. As for john reid, he lived in a little bungalow also in the bone, until recently, whenghe had to go into a nursing home  due to failling health.. annything I can help you with I would be delighted to do so                  god bless..

Biddie O'Halloran from Glenpark St was my Grandmother and your great aunt it seems.  Who was your grandfather Sammy or Rabby?  Also my mother Bridie Andrews (O'Halloran) wanted to know if anyone remembered the swing boats in Glenpark St?  She said her and Maggie McNeill were in them for an hour during a riot between football supporters and residents.  She also remembered Mr Docherty bringing the donkey round the houses at Christmas for good luck.
The wisest among us, the true leaders, smile in the face of adversity.

Belfastwhite

« Reply #811 on: February 18, 2018, 12:34:09 AM »
Just saw there that my Granda lived in 107 Ardilea street in 1969 John or Johnny Walsh.

Doing the family tree.Anyone know anything about him or his dad my great granda ?

Johnny Walsh was married to my granny Biddie O'Halloran's sister Lizzie McNally.  Johnny was related to the Walsh family murdered in Arnon Street.  I see in another post you say John O'Halloran is your godfather.  John is still living on the Oldpark and used to go out with Johnny on his horse and cart.  He has loads of stories about Johnny who seems to have been a real character.

teap

« Reply #812 on: May 26, 2018, 07:39:20 PM »
Just saw there that my Granda lived in 107 Ardilea street in 1969 John or Johnny Walsh.

Doing the family tree.Anyone know anything about him or his dad my great granda ?

Did you ever find out about your great granda? I was talking to your cousin today and we were talking about family trees she was saying about Johnny Walsh and his wife Lizzie McNally, I said I'd try to find out a bit more.

Teap

the winger

« Reply #813 on: June 04, 2018, 08:01:45 PM »
teap

on your post of may 26 2018 you mentioned LIZZIE MCNALLY
IN connection with a MR WALSH but looking at your profile
I would thing that it would be to long ago for you but perhaps
some-one else my have some information

regards

the winger

THE WINGER

Belfastwhite

« Reply #814 on: June 14, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »
Did you ever find out about your great granda? I was talking to your cousin today and we were talking about family trees she was saying about Johnny Walsh and his wife Lizzie McNally, I said I'd try to find out a bit more.

Teap

Hi Teap

If you are talking to his cousin again let her know that I have completed a tree on Wikitree.com if she searches for any of her grandparents there she should find it.

Regards

Jim

Kateme

« Reply #815 on: June 28, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »
Wow Teap - nice to see you posting!! I haven't been on here for a long time but I juke in sometimes!   :)
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

teap

« Reply #816 on: July 02, 2018, 11:16:55 PM »
Wow Teap - nice to see you posting!! I haven't been on here for a long time but I juke in sometimes!   :)

HELLO.wee mucker I juke in more regular now I just love family trees 😁

teap

« Reply #817 on: July 02, 2018, 11:19:12 PM »
Hi Teap

If you are talking to his cousin again let her know that I have completed a tree on Wikitree.com if she searches for any of her grandparents there she should find it.

Regards

Jim

Will tell her Jim ... her mum was Catherine Walsh daughter of lizzie and Johnny

Thank you

Belfastwhite

« Reply #818 on: July 31, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »
Will tell her Jim ... her mum was Catherine Walsh daughter of lizzie and Johnny

Thank you

Cassie Walsh is my mum's cousin.  My mum is Bridie O'Halloran her mum Biddie was Lizzie's sister.

Thanks for passing that on.

tracy1

« Reply #819 on: December 17, 2018, 09:14:53 PM »
Hi brendain would love to know any info you have on Muldoon's and O'Neill's I know a lot of Muldoon's still live in north Belfast what was your grandparents names x

newman147

« Reply #820 on: January 01, 2019, 06:50:04 PM »
Hi Iwas born in Ardoyne.the oldpark Road was known as the Bone.There was a football pitch between Ardoyne and theBone.On sunday evenings there were hundreds of people who attended these matches.I remember there was a pitch and toss game.
The young lads from Ardoyne used to play football in the streets,suddenly they wre all running for their lives.The police were chasing them for playing football.If they were unlucky enough to be caugth they were fined 5 shillings.those were the days!!!!
Maggiemay

newman147

« Reply #821 on: January 01, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
also ardoyne ave

Eamo1

« Reply #822 on: January 06, 2019, 11:55:07 PM »
Brendan,Tracey, are you related to Tommy Muldoon? Where do the O'Neill family come in if so?