Author Topic: Cardinal Brady In Trouble  (Read 21447 times)

Headline boat man

Cardinal Brady In Trouble
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:08:52 AM »
Cardinal brady is now in deep trouble regarding his dealings with paedophile priest Father Brendan Smyth.  He attended two meetings at which both boys had to take an oath of silence regarding Smyth's abuse of them.  He is now struggling to survive and is hiding behind Church Law, if any decent person was told about a priests sexual abuse of them you would never ever get them to sign a vow of silence. Shame on you Cardinal Brady you should be tried for these offences in a court of law.  This brings a deeper shame on the RC church and brings into shame those who minister and are genuine in their vocation.

BigAgiesMan

Re: Cardinal Brady In Trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
Yes I heard him on Radio Ulster this morning and his arguments on his own behalf were less than convincing

1. I was only a junior priest recording the investigation, it was up to others to make decisions
2. Don't judge me on what is not acceptable now but on what was acceptable 35 years ago.
3. I didn't know the priest was still offending, I was out of the country for many years
4. I was only following orders
Bord na Móna

teragram

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »
Cardinal Brady is only one person. As far as I can see, there are many many people out there covering up for peadophile priests and ministers. While the pressure is on Brady, it,s off the rest of them. My question would be, if you know these things are going on, why stay in the job? It used to be that if someone was caught the way Smyth was, they,d have been regarded as a "bad apple".  It seems to me that there were more bad apples than good ones. This is only the tip imho.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
Yes I heard him on Radio Ulster this morning and his arguments on his own behalf were less than convincing

1. I was only a junior priest recording the investigation, it was up to others to make decisions
2. Don't judge me on what is not acceptable now but on what was acceptable 35 years ago.
3. I didn't know the priest was still offending, I was out of the country for many years
4. I was only following orders

1.   NO :swoon: , any decent person should report it to Police.

2.   Even 35 years ago, it was not acceptable to molest children.

3.   SO WHAT, he had offended.

4,   It was no excuse at Nuremberg

The man ?   is SICK. :angry2: :angry2:

Charge him with Aiding and Abetting, also  strip him of his Pension.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

You can speak it, but God help you if someone doesn't agree with you

EllCee

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »
There was a woman on u105 this morning saying it was a disgrace that Brady was being attacked.  "He is a lovely man, one of the nicest you could ever meet", she said.

::)
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

BigAgiesMan

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
There was a woman on u105 this morning saying it was a disgrace that Brady was being attacked.  "He is a lovely man, one of the nicest you could ever meet", she said.

They said the same about Harold Shipman  :blind: . And so he was until he ran out of patience
Bord na Móna

teragram

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »

They also said that about Gary Glitter.

EllCee

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:07 PM »
They also said that about Gary Glitter.

Were you in his gang, Tera?

::) :swoon: ;)
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

McNamee

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »
The Catholic Church should just come out and apologise for all the wrongs they have done or were party to over the years.  The Arrogance of these people is beyond belief.  

How dare they preach to us about morals, sin and all the other guff they have done over the years.  Frightened us half to death, put babies in the Bog Meadows and made the poor mothers feel guilty if the child had not been christened.  May God forgive them. .

They should just hold their hands up now and admit all the WRONGS they have done and also go back to working for the people.   .Not fleecing them.

Erincyprus

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
Cardinal Brady and Bishop Treanor are both repeatly contacted by Families like mine in regards to the sistuation in Milltown Cemetery and thay cant even be bothered to meet the Families let alone help them in any way.

I was personally told by Father Connolly who is Cardinal Bradys secretary when I asked for an appointment for my Family to come and see him to discuss our Faith and the fact we as Devout Catholics were in grave danger and worry due to the fact we believe our 2 years 10 months Baptised Child had been buried in unconsecrated ground in Milltown that "Cardinal Brady dosent meet just anybody"

Not one Priest has stood up beside us as Families so that tells me and my Family all we need to know.  They will not give us in writing confirmation that the land is consecrated or not.

He should resign and so should Bishop Treanor and the other Bishops plus the Priests who signed the sale document to sell our Family members remains to The Ulster Wildlife Trust.

To  make the Children that came to them for help sign not to speak about their abuse and knowing it would save other Children from the same fate is totally evil. 

Erin
God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

McNamee

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 12:48:35 PM »
Yes Erin Totally Evil but Not unexpected. 

They must be really Evil to condone all that has gone on.

And still no Apology.

RabRow

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 01:01:45 PM »
I remember reading a letter in one of the ROI papers. The RC church had just made some change in their rules. Its a bit hazy,but I think it was something to do with a child not being baptized before it died. The church had changed this rule,and the child was no longer condemned to limbo (something like that).

Anyway this man was 'giving off', because he said his mother had lost one of her children and it hadn't been baptized. He said she agonized all her life over this until she died. He was angry for what they had put his mother though.

And now she needn't have worried herself.

McNamee

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 01:06:18 PM »
Yes Rab this is just the sort of things that angers me.  They actually did away with Limbo, after years  and years of putting the wind up everyone about it. 

They change the rules to suit themselves.  They did the same with Eating Fish on Friday.  It was a Mortal sin not just a venial sin, so they just changed the rule. .

Erincyprus

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
I remember reading a letter in one of the ROI papers. The RC church had just made some change in their rules. Its a bit hazy,but I think it was something to do with a child not being baptized before it died. The church had changed this rule,and the child was no longer condemned to limbo (something like that).

Anyway this man was 'giving off', because he said his mother had lost one of her children and it hadn't been baptized. He said she agonized all her life over this until she died. He was angry for what they had put his mother though.

And now she needn't have worried herself.

Bishop Treanor made a statement to the BBC last Cemetery Sunday in Milltown Cemetery and he declared words to the effect of Limbo is a concept of man just like heaven.

Rabrow,

A child can be baptised into the Roman Catholic Faith and any other faith that has Baptism by Water, Oil and by Desire I would say this ladys child was indeed a Baptised Baby God Love Her poor woman.

Erin

God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

teragram

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
Bernie, an apology wouldn,t make the slightest bit of difference to me, and probably most other people. We were brought up to treat these people with utter respect. Where was their respect for the children they interferred with, and their parents.