Author Topic: Who do you know from the New Lodge  (Read 379852 times)

garrybeg

Who do you know from the New Lodge
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
Who do you know from the New lodge/Antrim Road/Newington?

celticj

Re: Who do you know from the New Lodge
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »
To many to mention

pq

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
from when .i married a girl from the new lodge and moved to hillman st in1976 but escaped in1980 and moved to glandore but dont get me wrong then my neighbours where the greatest .now my daughter lives in hillman st and i wish to god i had the money to buy her a house out of there.
quae sursum volo videre

garrybeg

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:00:12 PM »
from when .i married a girl from the new lodge and moved to hillman st in1976 but escaped in1980 and moved to glandore but dont get me wrong then my neighbours where the greatest .now my daughter lives in hillman st and i wish to god i had the money to buy her a house out of there.

Small world lived in Hillman street myself in 1980 -1984 then moved round to the New lodge but moved away 1987.  But you are right in what you say had great neighbours the best in the world would do anything to help.

garrybeg

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
Oh come on you lot you must know some characters from around the New Lodge need my memory jogging  ;)

Flossie

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
I'm from the New Lodge myself, spent my first 11 years in Templar flats, now Teach Meabha and then we moved to North Queen Street. Only moved from the area when I married. My kids still go to school in the New Lodge now. I'm sure Chris won't mind me mentioning that there is a forum for people from the New Lodge as well, you'll find loads of old photos there and plenty of history! Here's the link!

http://www.thenewlodge.com/

garrybeg

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »
I'm from the New Lodge myself, spent my first 11 years in Templar flats, now Teach Meabha and then we moved to North Queen Street. Only moved from the area when I married. My kids still go to school in the New Lodge now. I'm sure Chris won't mind me mentioning that there is a forum for people from the New Lodge as well, you'll find loads of old photos there and plenty of history! Here's the link!

http://www.thenewlodge.com/
Hi Flossie my aunt lived in Templar house on the 6th floor for years thanks for the link I have already had a look at the site. I dont live in Belfast anymore but my mother sister and two brothers still live in the area

kevben

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
i,am originally from sailorstown,grew up in new lodge,lived in hillman st,below lepper street,then churchill house.know of garrybeg,as she knows my sister.wot u said about neighbours back then was 100% right.had and still have many good friends on the road.left hillman st in 76.this site is a far better site than the new lodge site,because it never gets updated,i agree about photo selection though :smile:

Flossie

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »
We lived on the tenth floor, Garrybeg, when we lived there the army were still stationed at the top, no place for kids to grow up and it's a pity people still have to live in the tower blocks, especially those with young families.  No reflection on the area though, in my opinion at least it was a great place to grow up and I have many fond memories from a childhood spent playing there.

Flossie

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »
i,am originally from sailorstown,grew up in new lodge,lived in hillman st,below lepper street,then churchill house.know of garrybeg,as she knows my sister.wot u said about neighbours back then was 100% right.had and still have many good friends on the road.left hillman st in 76.this site is a far better site than the new lodge site,because it never gets updated,i agree about photo selection though :smile:

I think the New Lodge site is still trying to get up and running but you're right Kevben they do have a great selection of photographs, a lot of familiar faces!

Darcy5799

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 09:59:23 PM »

Hi Kevben

I was talking to garrybeg and I know your sis is very well ....my eldest bro used to knock around with the Bensons in the late 60's. .garrybeg was telling me you know an old flame of mine  .P Mc Erlean from the road  :D

garrybeg

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »
Hi Darcy we seem to be following each other!!!!  My ma says to say hello :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

Kev and Flossie you are right about the new lodge site having great photos last time i was in belfast at Christmas i got the photos up for my mother to have a look at she had a great time couldnt get the laptop off her.

Flossie

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 10:06:58 PM »
I know that feeling Garrybeg! Great pics there and great pics on this forum too, from all the different areas! I love looking at the pics, have spent many hours doing so and there's usually a fight for the laptop when the photos go on!

Darcy5799

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:12:05 PM »
Hi Darcy we seem to be following each other!!!!  My ma says to say hello :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

Kev and Flossie you are right about the new lodge site having great photos last time i was in belfast at Christmas i got the photos up for my mother to have a look at she had a great time couldnt get the laptop off her.

Hi Gb

Tell your wee mammy I said hello to her  :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

garrybeg

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »

Hi Gb

Tell your wee mammy I said hello to her  :air_kiss: :air_kiss:
Will do was telling her about your cyclone when I was talking to her today she was glad to hear you were ok.  You just home from your night shift!!!!!