Author Topic: Who do you know from the New Lodge  (Read 383253 times)

kevben

Re: Who do you know from the New Lodge
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
our wee thread seems to be getting a wee bit shy,i know some guys from newington,why not come along and join us,like danny wallace,big joe mascolino.the fitzpatricks from lothair,big terry nellis,theyre bound to be out there somewhere :(

gleann celt

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »
people i knew from wallback st were, the lagans, walsh, o'neill, rooney, hecket and mary pick the bins a wee woman who lived on her own but when she died the police brought black bags of money from her house. i cant remember names but have some great memories. my ma used to work in jimmy's shop at the corner of dawson/sheridan st and my da worked in the celtic club on the new lodge road.

garrybeg

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 08:43:18 AM »
gb she said she used to be registered but not been on in a while.its her hubbys b,day today.i will try n talk her into coming back on,i think shes more into facebook
Thanks Kevben,  I go and have a look for her on facebook.  Maybe if you speak to her you could PM me.  She might not want us talking about her here Thanks

kevben

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 11:15:41 PM »
gleann celt ur mum was there for a good while would she be in her 70s now i think i remember her but dont know her name,that wee shop was a goldmine.

boxer1949

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »

boxer1949

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »

gleann celt

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2010, 02:10:30 AM »
gleann celt ur mum was there for a good while would she be in her 70s now i think i remember her but dont know her name,that wee shop was a goldmine.

she was for about 15 yrs, she is 71 now and her name is Eileen

garrybeg

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Great pics boxer. ;) ;)   Anybody else got old pictures?  :smile: :smile:

celticj

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »

Big guy at the end of rope on the left, Mo Misskimons (sorry about spelling)

celticj

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 12:42:31 AM »
i,am originally from sailorstown,grew up in new lodge,lived in hillman st,below lepper street,then churchill house.know of garrybeg,as she knows my sister.wot u said about neighbours back then was 100% right.had and still have many good friends on the road.left hillman st in 76.this site is a far better site than the new lodge site,because it never gets updated,i agree about photo selection though :smile:

Kevben did you live roughtly 10 doors down from Lepper St on the left if you were coming from Lepper st

kevben

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »
i did celticj 121 hillman st,dya think you know me,knocked about with paddy mcardle,tommy quinn,the lyonsys,kev stanton,the  mc nallys

kevben

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
we used to have catapult fights with the upper meadow st crowd,pa kane rip,his bro bernard,the burroughs,e dixon,d dixon,the thompsons

garmoyle

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2010, 08:04:35 AM »
i,am originally from sailorstown,grew up in new lodge,lived in hillman st,below lepper street,then churchill house.know of garrybeg,as she knows my sister.wot u said about neighbours back then was 100% right.had and still have many good friends on the road.left hillman st in 76.this site is a far better site than the new lodge site,because it never gets updated,i agree about photo selection though :smile:

Sailortown

delane

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
hello,  do you guys, know what year the celtic club in the new-lodge rd was pulled down.?...then moved to the circle...is there any fotos..cheers...delane.
the older you get the worse you get..

garrybeg

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
hello,  do you guys, know what year the celtic club in the new-lodge rd was pulled down.?...then moved to the circle...is there any fotos..cheers...delane.
Hi Delane,
Gleann Celt said that his father worked in the Celtic Club he might be able to answer your question :smile: