Author Topic: Who do you know from the New Lodge  (Read 377557 times)

Bread Basket

Re: Who do you know from the New Lodge
« Reply #2385 on: April 08, 2018, 11:02:30 PM »
Hi Bread Basket. .the simpsons were connected with simpsons grocery shop at trainfield st and new lodge.....they also ran the greyhounds....and knocked about with Sean Mc Larrnon from the barrack....Sean was living in Dublin and passed away (rip) just a few years ago. There was a girl from Dawson st last name Mccartan or Mc cartney that I remember was with the minstrels.....I spent a bit of time in Patrickville in late sixties...was at Barney 66---70/71 1a..2a..3b..4b...moved to the b stream because old toot was killing me ...he was the only teacher I had a problem with. I got on well with Tony Mc Auley English teacher....had great folk music sessions in his class....anyone remember Louie's chippy at the top of Dawson st and old Gilbert who worked there (Gilbert's eye looking for you)....the best to all....Kevin.

Funny how we grew on our “masters”... I got on very well with toot ( Frank Campbell) probably because I was on the ball with my Maths.
My best was Buddy Holly (Brian Holly) a true gent

Kevin Ward

« Reply #2386 on: April 09, 2018, 12:02:15 AM »
Bread Basket  .you are right about Buddy Holly...played the hurling with him.....some one just asked me to name a Belfast restaurant that is no longer around, so I immediately nominated Louie's chippy and the San Remo on the Antrim rd....there must be lots from new lodge area that took their dates for romantic evenings in these establishments. .I will not be naming any of the clientele that I know of. .the best ...Kevin.

geraldine williamson

« Reply #2387 on: April 09, 2018, 08:16:52 AM »
Funny how we grew on our “masters”... I got on very well with toot ( Frank Campbell) probably because I was on the ball with my Maths.
My best was Buddy Holly (Brian Holly) a true gent
Hey speaking of Dawson Street, did any of you know the Thompsons who lived there in the 50/60's era?? There were two girls Margaret (now married) and Theresa and a son named Danny.  We then lived in Maralin Street and another family who lived there were he Smiths, 6 in the family. .we moved on to Trainfield Street to get the extra bedroom....just a thought when I saw your thread.  Gerry (Geraldine but Gerry to all my BF buddies) :)

Kevin Ward

« Reply #2388 on: April 10, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »
Hi Gerry. .I was born in 55 so I think Thompsons would be before my time  .I'm youngest of nine but I'm sure my older sisters would have known them ....I remember a Sarah Johnston and Jean Lindsey and I think they were involved in the ballroom dancing with my sister Patsy (rip) ....I also remember the Oneils from Maralin st..and there was also a totally psycho collie dog from that street....needless to say I wasn't round there much. .the best  .Kevin

Jandi

« Reply #2389 on: July 12, 2018, 06:12:48 PM »

Report to moderator    Logged[/font][/font][/font]

Jandi[size=0.85em][/font]

« Reply #114 on: Today at 06:07:51 PM »
[size=0.85em]
Quote[/li]
[li]Modify[/li]
[li][/size][/font]
[/b]

Hi guys, my great grandfather was from Newlodge Road, Patrick McWIlliams and married Nora Connolly. Patricks parents where Arthur McWIlliams and Bridget McKinley.

My grandfather was Edmund McWIlliams, known as Eddie and lived on Artillery Street, Belfast and married my Grandmother Christina Bell from Thomas Street.

Edmund, my grandfather had 3 brothers, Arthur, Bernard known as barney and joe who was a known artist in NI.

Family from both Rostrevor and Belfast and have connections in Ballycastle also.

I’m hoping for some information.

Jay

Jandi

« Reply #2390 on: July 12, 2018, 06:24:02 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has information on an elderly gentleman from Newlodge road, who lived in Finn house. He went by the name anto, Anthony o’tool.

An elderly gentleman who shuffled and known by many.

If you have any information, please get in contact

sj

« Reply #2391 on: August 03, 2018, 11:57:27 PM »

Report to moderator    Logged[/font][/font][/font]

Jandi[size=0.85em][/font]

« Reply #114 on: Today at 06:07:51 PM »
[size=0.85em]
Quote[/li]
[li]Modify[/li]
[li][/size][/font]

Hi guys, my great grandfather was from Newlodge Road, Patrick McWIlliams and married Nora Connolly. Patricks parents where Arthur McWIlliams and Bridget McKinley.

My grandfather was Edmund McWIlliams, known as Eddie and lived on Artillery Street, Belfast and married my Grandmother Christina Bell from Thomas Street.

Edmund, my grandfather had 3 brothers, Arthur, Bernard known as barney and joe who was a known artist in NI.

Family from both Rostrevor and Belfast and have connections in Ballycastle also.

I’m hoping for some information.

Jay

I sent you a P.M. sometime ago.  I too am related. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Tineadams

« Reply #2392 on: January 19, 2019, 10:44:14 PM »

Well said Darcy I am waiting to see some more old photos :D
[/quote

The building  at the corner of shandon st was always known as ‘the school’ to us who lived in the st - it was a school then a youth club then Rolston’s  upholsterers but was always known as ‘the school’

cville

« Reply #2393 on: August 09, 2019, 12:28:31 PM »
Hi.Anybody remember the Henry's from Pinkerton Walk.Frankie died in South Africa mid 70s,Bobby died early 90s,Hughie passed about 9 years ago,My mummy Mary died October 2017 and jimmy 6 weeks later?We grew up in Arlington street.

garmoyle

« Reply #2394 on: August 09, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
Hi.Anybody remember the Henry's from Pinkerton Walk.Frankie died in South Africa mid 70s,Bobby died early 90s,Hughie passed about 9 years ago,My mummy Mary died October 2017 and jimmy 6 weeks later?We grew up in Arlington street.

I remember Frank (Bouncy).  Used to meet him in Southampton a lot.  One of his ships was the Reina del Mar.  We had some good times.
I visit his grave in milltown cemetery.

apalachie

« Reply #2395 on: August 16, 2019, 08:45:05 PM »
Hello everyone, hope all is well. :D
Oh for all our yesterdays.

apalachie

« Reply #2396 on: August 16, 2019, 08:48:01 PM »
It's sad that most of the pics we posted over the years are now gone. A big shout out down under too SJ and JohnMc from sunny Béal Féirste.
Oh for all our yesterdays.