Author Topic: any one from Cyprus st  (Read 7778 times)

cyprus girl

Re: any one from Cyprus st
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
Hi andyf I knew a girl from varner st called Ann Delaney she lives in Australia now, I managed to hook up with her and her dad and sister when I was over there visiting my sister in 2004 we had an nice day together, it brought back a lot of good memories :smile:
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

cyprusrose

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 12:52:20 AM »
welcome to the forum, i went about with Jim mclaughlin from cyprus street way back in the 70s i wonder what happen to Joe callaghan from Albert st, Joe Kane falls road, mousy Irvine and ta Valida love to hear if anyone knows them ,we worked in ross's mill and use to get ready after work and go to the disco in Christin place we must have stank to the high heavens

andyf

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 12:05:32 AM »
arkie,
I'm second generation. I know a few of the people you mentioned from Varna street.It was my father and the rest of the family who grew up there.
My aunt on my mothers side married Peaser Ward(RIP).
Granda Andy sold comics,rags ,hired bikes out,run a pet shop, chippy and gaming machines throughout his life

Mitcher

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »
Cyprusrose, I see Joe Callaghan about the road now and again as I know him well as I knocked about with his younger brothers.  I also see Ta Valliday about and also Mousey, Paul, Irvine but I think it is Sean Irvine you are talking about, his brother.  I think they were from Ormonde Street.

cyprusrose

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »
thanks for your reply mitcher,good to know they are all well have,nt seen them for 30 years...do you packy toner i use to work in the mill with him (rosses) by the way did you get that name because you mitched school haha xxxx

murph

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 12:04:16 AM »
thanks for your reply mitcher,good to know they are all well have,nt seen them for 30 years...do you packy toner i use to work in the mill with him (rosses) by the way did you get that name because you mitched school haha xxxx
cyprusrose i knocked about wif joe's bro seani no them all there dad tommy
passd on a cupel years back.RIP TOMMY

Mitcher

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
I knocked about with some of the Callaghans as well Sean, Gerard and Eugene, and yes my name is due to my attendence at school in Barrack Street

Dickie

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
Hello Mitcher hows the head after the funeral the other half was sick for 3 days.

Hello also Cyprus Rose I see Mousy all the time he lives on the Springfield he is doing well. I speak to Seanie Callaghan most weeks and he is also doing well Joe Callaghan is still into playing pool and is captain of the Red Devil Bar all the Callaghans are good people as was their Father Tommy RIP
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

Mitcher

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »
Well Dickie you know the score, the two of us went out the next day again.  I see Mousey[Paul] regular too as we ran around together for a while when he lived in the Flats

andyf

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »
visit belfast pix.com and search for irvine (mousey was in it a few weeks back with sean(he is representing ireland  in the olympics)

Jimmi

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
Cyprus Girl, if you're who I think you are, then your name begins with B, and I had an awful big crush on you, even though I was just a kid! My granda and grannie lived next door to you in 61 Cyprus St, you were in 63. They were Mr & Mrs Meredith, and Lil Meredith, married to Alex Johnson, was my mum. She died in 1994, Seamus died young in 1979, Eileen is alive and well and still living in Southampton since she got married in 1968. John/Sean is living in Whiteabbey, again since he got married in 1966. He was great friends with your brother Paul, who I remember buying a bubble-car sometime in the sixties, and he let me sit in it, a weird experience! I saw John and was talking to him not long before he died. He always remembered me, and always gave me a playful boxers punch when he saw me, saying, "Well, young Johnson, how are you?" He also collected 100.00 out of the poker machine in Bittles Bar that night! My mum always called him "Champ", as did a lot of people, and I remember they painted a big "You're Our Champ!" on the gable facing your house, and on the gable of Sultan Street. I think I've got a photo of me on my bike outside my grannies, and I think you can see that slogan on Sultan St. I must see if i can dig it out and post it for you. I remember a lot about Cyprus Street, just ask, and i'll see if you can't receive!

All the best, Jimmi.
I once read that smoking and drinking were bad for you, so I gave up reading.

cyprus girl

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 05:36:24 PM »
Hi Jimmi I do remember you as a kid I remember your grandparents very well and your mum Lily her sis Eileen her brothers Seamus & Sean very nice family,I knew your mum Lily and your uncle Seamus had died r.i.p. Say hello to Eileen & Seany  for me next time you talk to them, i'm flattered you had a crush on me when you were a kid but i'm old enough to be your big sister :air_kiss:  cg

Jimmi

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
Cyprus Girl, sorry for the delay in answering your post, I was away for a wee while, and just back. I don't really go online that much, I'm not a prolific poster like a lot of the guys on here, so pardon me if I don't pop up that often! Nice to know you remembered me, probably due to the fact that I pestered you a lot, as kids with crushes do! I didn't know you'd gone to Canada, just that you'd moved away. When did you go there? And you're a grannie too - I don't believe THAT! (lol!) :swoon:  Strange, you always think of grannies as wee women with grey hair and a shawl and scarf, not good looking girls with great legs and short skirts! ;)  Anyway, lovely to re-make your acquaintance, my loss is Canadas' gain! Hope to talk again soon, all my love, Jim. :air_kiss:
I once read that smoking and drinking were bad for you, so I gave up reading.

harrison

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 02:17:22 AM »
Hello Cyprus girl, do you remember a girl from Cyprus st, called Sadie Canavan,I went with her in 1962 we went to Clarks dance studio in Donegal St,she was a fabulous dancer.harrison

cyprus girl

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »
Harrison I think we already talked about Sadie Canavan{rip} on this thread a few posts back, maybe you just forgot, I didn't know her but my older sister did.....take care....CG