Author Topic: What was Kali water?  (Read 28473 times)

Giannineo

Re: What was Kali water?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
kali water could be bought in corner shops as well as chemists before supermarkets appeared ::)

jmac

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
I get 2 bottles of Kali water from the Maine lemonade man every Tuesday (CARBONATED WATER & BICARBONITE SODA) according to the label, tastes great with a drop of whiskey :smile:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

grannyspice

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
I get 2 bottles of Kali water from the Maine lemonade man every Tuesday (CARBONATED WATER & BICARBONITE SODA) according to the label, tastes great with a drop of whiskey :smile:
Would it be the same as Soda water then do you think?  Thats what I put in my whiskey JMAC

jmac

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »
Would it be the same as Soda water then do you think?  Thats what I put in my whiskey JMAC
I think it's just an old name for soda water, I can't taste any difference :smile:

Ubique

garrybeg

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
jmac I think you might be right ;)

BigAgiesMan

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
Are you sure it's not Potassium bicarbonate. Kalium is the latin name for Potassium.  Potassium and Sodium are  elements with very similar properties and are members of the alkali metals family in the Periodic Table.
Bord na Móna

grannyspice

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »
Are you sure it's not Potassium bicarbonate. Kalium is the latin name for Potassium.  Potassium and Sodium are  elements with very similar properties and are members of the alkali metals family in the Periodic Table.
Sounds very technical. Hopefully its good for the body never mind the whiskey  :smile: :smile:

jmac

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
your spot on BAM, I must have had too much whiskey with my kali water the night I read the ingredients, it is potassium bicarbonate & canbonated water :drinks:  jmac  :smile: 

Ubique

nicf

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2019, 02:50:40 PM »
Anyone tried making this with a Sodastream?

You would need to know how much Potassium Carbonate to add.

gismo

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2019, 12:09:34 AM »
I worked in the new city mineral water factory kaili water is soda water some people liked kaiie water so when we filled the syphens we would put soda water on so many and kalie water it was all the same thing gismo

river rats

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2019, 07:09:09 AM »
Granny kept a bottle in the sculllery under the  jaw box next to the big jar and the vim.
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Bigali

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
did anyone ever hear of kalen and morphin? my daddy used to  take that for a bad stomach.

Used to get that occasionally as a child if you had a bad dose of the skitters ! I think it's banned now because of the morphine , apparently addicts used to buy it just to try and get high.

Kali water was administered for an upset stomach, to me it was an unpleasant tasteless fizz , we got ours , if required, from the "Maine mineral man" along with the weekly bottle of brown lemonade for my Dad and fizzy limeade or American cream soda or on special occasions a bottle of Portello for us kids  :)
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy